Let Orford walk

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ridgey

Who cares if he leaves anyway? I'm not sure I could be bothered watching four years of his boring flat attack. He's not a game breaker anyway - he's the guy to take you from a 20 nil lead over Souths to a 60 nil lead.

He's just a tightarse whinger.

We paid overs anyway - he won't fit the Manly style and why do we really another prima donna (a la Field or Kimmorley) telling the retention committee who they should and shouldn't retain. Let him go to the Gold Coast or wherever the feck he wants.

Haha. Cheers mate.

Let's hope we can avenge 2004 tomorrow night (sucks to be smashed in front of the biggest crowd since the club got back in the comp.)

"he won't fit the Manly style "

Mate - that style sucks. We have been losing consistently with it. We needed something different. Orford is one of the best 1/2's in the world.

His combo with Burns will only flourish.

Internal rifts don't work. Lets hope all this is BS as you're always going to get disagreements.

It all depends on how Dazzler is gunna handle it I guess. Like men or school girls.

Does anyone know why Witt isn't playing............Ding!

I agree that this shouldn't be blown out of all proportion - it is just a rumour. My initial comment was hypothectical and premised on an assumption that it is true. Where there's smoke there's fire.

IMO, Des, despite his career coaching desires, is really just a stop-gap coach until Toovey takes the helm and fulfils the dynasty of Arko, Fulton and then Toovey.

My key problem with Des is that I'm just not convinced that he goes into each game with an appropriate plan for the opposition. That sunk us against Canberra (we were bunched in attack, when we needed to spread the ball, and were spread in defence when they weren't even moving the ball) and against Parramatta in the finals last year. Against Cronulla on Saturday night we looked absolutely useless on top of the line in the first half and it took a fullback diving over the line from close range for us to score. In the second half the opposition were injured and tired and a couple of brilliant solo efforts (Burns and Bell) got us home. The problem has to be with either Orford or Des - the game plan is not working on top of the line and we really need to decide now if we are going to be a flat attacking team or whether we want to play with some depth and players run decoys and off the ball.

I really don't think we can comment until Ox or Des ACTUALLY says something. I have not a shred of proof that this really happened.

Most good sides and certainly those that win a premiership are built around a solid foundation. I can't think of one good side that has won without a top-line half who controls the game.

Orford, along with our back row are the sort of players you need to build around. It doesn't take a few weeks.

first it was let orford have a few weeks now its a few weeks and the excuse is it takes longer than a few weeks. Soon it will be give him a few months, then a few years.

I dont expect him to be brilliant but some sign of improvement in attack is needed at 450K a season

it took firman a few hours

Most good sides and certainly those that win a premiership are built around a solid foundation. I can't think of one good side that has won without a top-line half who controls the game.

Orford, along with our back row are the sort of players you need to build around. It doesn't take a few weeks.

OH.......MY.......GOODNESS !!!
I actually agree with you on something !!!! 8| 8| :lol2:
Flufster - Dailey, Pearce, Freeman, Brown, Hasler, Brandy have all said round 6 is where we should start seeing results. I'm happy to wait the three weeks...

I'd still like us to grit out a win this weekend.

But Fluffy makes a good, why is it always acceptable for Manly to say 6 weeks, rebuilding :blah: :blah: :blah:

These blokes are experienced professionals, just sort your **** out earlier.

ryan they did say round 6 is when we will be at our best - im asking for signs of improvement as i dont think orford is going to do it overnight

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4