Lehi Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Apparently manly have done some research on the physical
Efforts required at centre compared to fullbacks and there is little difference so I don’t think we will be moving Tom to the centres at this stage.
At this stage, I’d be moving him and not because of workloads.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Guy is classy! I was getting frustrated with Tom’s Paul Gallen/James Tedesco impression of too many touches. Lehi is not as busy but all his touches, positional play and defence are classy.

Spot on Tom’s metres gained per game is really misleading. His runs on the 4th tackle are a prime example of trying to get his yardage up.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Could we put Turbo at lock? He has size, plenty of speed and can ball-handle. He’d be explosive and dangerous there. I guess questions around how he would handle defence there….

He has the size but I’m not sure his tissue body is up to it.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
He has the size but I’m not sure his tissue body is up to it.
Quite frankly, his tissue body isn’t up to any position on the field… so, my thinking is to put him in a position that could work better for the team harmony, and not disrupt us too much if or when he goes down again. We could certainly use a decent lock.

I believe Trbojevic needs to move to the centres. I don't know if the tests they have undertaken, with the load differences between fullback and centre, take all things into account. However I do know that he will not need to chase down or be in as many last line situations at centre. Lehi Hopoate is a class act at 1, and I get the impression that this young man wants to be a long term Sea Eagle too

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
I believe Trbojevic needs to move to the centres. I don't know if the tests they have undertaken, with the load differences between fullback and centre, take all things into account. However I do know that he will not need to chase down or be in as many last line situations at centre. Lehi Hopoate is a class act at 1, and I get the impression that this young man wants to be a long term Sea Eagle too

Agree. Im O/S so have missed the last few games but the highlight reel shows the class of hoppa. Be surprised if he plays Reggie’s again. Although, seibs may send him there at some point to freshen up.

double hoops

First Grader
Hypothetically, lets say Manly do move Tom to the centres and leave Hoppa at the back (I don't think it'll happen but still), at full strength, who misses out? Garrick, Koula, or Talau? I know Garrick and Koula are on serious coin and that says its Talau but he has been one of our best all year.
Garrick.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
NO TURBO, NO WORRIES

All the talk will be about Manly’s gutsy win with only one man left on the bench against St George Illawarra on Sunday, but it should be about boom fullback Lehi Hopoate.

Especially with the return of superstar Tom Trbojevic from a hamstring injury scheduled for round 18.

Coach Anthony Seibold has been coy about whether he plans to move Trbojevic from fullback into the centres when he returns, in a bid to prolong his injury-prone NRL career.

That decision is surely becoming clearer on the back of Hopoate’s emergence.

Yes, the wily fullback has only just played three games of NRL but again showed against the Dragons he belongs on the big stage.

Hopoate finished with a game-high 168 metres, seven tackle busts and two linebreaks, a try assist and a four-pointer himself.

Lehi Hopoate has one more week in the fullback jumper. Picture: Jeremy Ng/Getty Images

Lehi Hopoate has one more week in the fullback jumper.

The youngster will have one more game in the No.1 jumper, against the Rabbitohs, before Trbojevic returns.

It does leave Seibold with a selection headache in the outside backs and one of either Tommy Talau, Tolu Koula, or Reuben Garrick on the chopping block.

But it’s a move that allows Seibold to have Hopoate on the field learning off the player he could succeed long-term, all the while prolonging Trbojevic’s Manly career.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18