Leeds Rhinos V Manly Sea Eagles Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You're wrong. In 2009 the team spent 2 weeks in England and played a trial against London before the wcc.

The Leeds Rhino's would have trouble making the top 8 in the NRL they are by no means a world class side.

So one could conclude that if we were destroyed by a side that could not make the NRL top 8, what chance do we have of making the 8 this year?

Bring back Des and his staff or we are going down hill fast!!!

Cambo said:
f**k des hasler.
We did win in 2009 but how did we go in the nrl that year

2009 was a right off because of off field rubbish that ruined us not because we won the WCC!!

Bring Back Dessie now!!!

downunder said:
The Leeds Rhino's would have trouble making the top 8 in the NRL they are by no means a world class side.

So one could conclude that if we were destroyed by a side that could not make the NRL top 8, what chance do we have of making the 8 this year?

Cambo said:
f**k des hasler.

2009 was a right off because of off field rubbish that ruined us not because we won the WCC!!

Bring Back Dessie now!!!

Do you work in a sheltered workshop. Hasler has signed a 4 year deal with another club he ain't coming back.

downunder said:

Cambo said:
f**k des hasler.

Bring Back Dessie now!!!

. Move on - he ain't coming
Back 95% of supporters wouldn't want him back over Tooves now, give the bloke a chance we may even lose the first 4 games
Hope we don't have to put up with comments like yours all through that period!!!!

downunder said:
Simple logic would would state that you would have too admit that the only logical conclusion is that Dessie coaching today would have won us the game.

Simple logic is something you have in abundance.

downunder said:
Cambo said:
f**k des hasler.

Cambo it is to late to say f### des hasler.

As was seen today he has already f##### us hard.

Hi troll,well met and well played

You sucked alot of people in but your forgetting the facts of the game,knock ons that leeds made were called leeds penalties for some other bull****,they didnt have the right to have to ball after dropping it

Today proved what alot of people already suspected

Des Hasler is nothing but a myth,Toovey's side was just as
good and they are only going to get better,now **** off back
to the kennel retard

The Eagle said:
downunder said:
Cambo said:
f**k des hasler.

Cambo it is to late to say f### des hasler.

As was seen today he has already f##### us hard.

Hi troll,well met and well played

You sucked alot of people in but your forgetting the facts of the game,knock ons that leeds made were called leeds penalties for some other bull****,they didnt have the right to have to ball after dropping it

Today proved what alot of people already suspected

Des Hasler is nothing but a myth,Toovey's side was just as
good and they are only going to get better,now f**k off back
to the kennel retard
Back to the sheltered workshop. You glass licker.

Shane I think that's what you meant mate.

Gee and I thought my expectations were high wanting a couple of GF wins every decade. Some on this site want to win everything. Sorry guys that can't be done. Sometimes you do lose. Anyway I enjoyed the game and seeing it at the club. I think anyone who expected terrific food there is being simplistic. It never happens. The loser in all of this was Klein. Just how come a very ordinary referree got this gig ahead of obviously superior ones is beyond me. And it reinforced my belief that sideline officials should act like soccer sideline runners, and keep up with the play to call forward passes. That can't be to much to ask.

I dont post often but follow the threads. I was pretty happy with the guys' play, they could have won the match save for a couple of dodgy calls that even the pommy commentator noticed - their fullback not getting the call for knock on. If we scored off that mistake the score at full time could have easily been reversed.

I couldn't believe after a summer off footy how worked up I was watching the footy. It was intense stuff and bad for my blood pressure. Well done guys and good luck Tooves and Matt Parish. We are I think looking very good.

By the way "Downunder" good trolling, we have all bit back. I think it is best to ignore your "simple logic" mate, it is after all, like yourself, very simple.

HK_EAGLE IS A TROLL.... pretty easy to see looking at his posts. Did a bit of positive padding in late August to come across as a Manly fan and now trolled the s*%$ out of the WCC Match Day Thread.. same thing happened during the Grand Final with other trolls. Can't believe so many of you fell for it, gotta wise up boys.

Most of us of are of the same opinion, not too much of a big deal with the loss.. first game together in 4 months, started clicking in the 2nd half, had a number of sh*t ref decisions, inconsistencies in the nrl/super league interpretations and 2 last ref decisions that pretty much decided the game.

The bigger picture starts in 2 weeks over in NZ and we're in a bloody strong position in this situation.

I was reasonably happy after the game.
Obviously shattered we lost, but I think the boys put in a great effort, but Leeds deserved the win.
They were faster off the line, great in defence and took their chances.
A couple of decisions went against us, but we had enough penalties in the 2nd half but could not put them away. Credit to the Rhinos. The better team won on the night.

Keep in mind they are into their season and this was our first real hit out.
Play the game in our round 8 and the result could very well be different.

I think all looks good and we will be ready for the Warriors in round 1.

Great stuff boys. Great effort.

Gulavao, Farrar, Robinson and Whare on the sidelines means we still have some good depth. No injuries out of the game is more important than a win in my opinion.
My only gripe would be Tony Williams needs to come off the bench as an impact player. I'd start a workhorse in the backrow instead. Buhrer or Mauro or Gulavao. Other than that, pretty happy considering the boys travelled halfway across the world 5 days before the game and only really played 20 minutes of football together prior.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6