League star accused of sex assault

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

The Titans season just keeps getting better.

The rugby league player Anthony Laffranchi was charged this morning with the alleged sexual assault of a woman at a former teammate's unit last year.

The Gold Coast Titans forward, who was a member of the Wests Tigers last year when the alleged incident occurred, was arrested at Burwood Police Station shortly before 9am and was granted conditional police bail to appear at Burwood Local Court on March 27.

Laffranchi, 26, was celebrating an end of season party with Tigers teammates in Kings Cross when a 26-year-old woman met the group. She accompanied them to the unit of Tigers prop Ryan O'Hara in Five Dock.

Police will allege that during the night Laffranchi sexually assaulted the woman, who went to police at 10.40am on Monday, September 4 claiming she may have been violated.

Strike Force Saro, comprising detectives from the Child Protection and Sex Crimes Squad and South West Metropolitan Region, was established last September to investigate the alleged assault and detectives from the squad charged the NRL star - who flew to Sydney from his Gold Coast home last weekend - with sexual assault without consent.

from what ive heard, she wasnt happy the morning after, but enjoyed plenty of the evening entertainment. However its a his word vs hers.

Now this is obviously biased info coming from one of the players relos who has spent night in the apartment in question but i wouldnt take anything as truth.

These blokes dont learn!!! If you want a root, go to a brothel. If you want a serious relationship, dont take a bird home that you have met that night.

Plain and simple.

These blokes dont learn!!! If you want a root, go to a brothel. If you want a serious relationship, dont take a bird home that you have met that night.

Plain and simple.

Wise words that every father should pass on to their sons as soon as the first pubes spring up. :drunk:

More so in regard to athletes. Especially footy players.

A. Because they are targets,
B. Because they are stupid.

yeah fair enough...I must admit I was looking forward to noe day sitting my son down and saying that to him though.

He is an idiot anyways, at the time he had only been married a few months.......he has it on tap and has to go rooting around.....

Seems like his wife is very forgiving...

Standing by her man

March 08, 2007 THE wife of charged National Rugby League star Anthony Laffranchi last night broke her silence to declare: "He is an awesome husband."

Gold Coast Titans forward Laffranchi was charged this week with sexual assault and faces Burwood Local Court in Sydney on March 27.

The alleged offence occurred during the "Mad Monday" celebrations of Laffranchi's former club, Wests Tigers, early on September 4, 2006.

But Peita-Lee Laffranchi last night was standing by her embattled husband, despite giving birth to their son Oscar only days after the alleged incident.

Mrs Laffranchi said she "will always support him - that's why I married him".

"Anthony is an awesome husband and the best dad you will ever see," she said.

"We'll go through this together. It's tough but I am here to support him. If you go through the good times then you have to go through the bad times.

"We'll be fine as long as we have each other and we have our baby.

"Every day is another day. We'll take each one as it comes.

"I will stick by him. I'm fine.

"I have never been disappointed in anything Anthony has done."

The couple posed for The Bulletin outside their Robina home yesterday afternoon.

Reluctant to be photographed, Mrs Laffranchi initially stood with her back to the camera, held her son in her arms and looked only at her husband for the two-minute photo shoot.

As she briefly offered her profile, her husband was all smiles for wife and son and even planted a quick kiss on her cheek for the cameras.

Titans media manager Jason Simtone stood nearby, saying the couple wished only to be left alone.

He said the couple had no plans to take a break away to escape the media attention and were dealing with the issue as best they could.

Shortly after the photo shoot, a car with a couple, believed to be family members, arrived, bringing groceries and support.

Peita-Lee said her husband was completely innocent, despite the player telling police he had consensual sex with a 26-year-old woman at a unit in William Street, Five Dock, in inner Sydney.

"I know he is 100 per cent innocent," she said.

"He would do anything as a dad and a husband.

"I can't speak highly enough of him.

"I just thank God that I found him. Things in the world happen that are far worse than this.

"But because Anthony plays football (and has a profile), everybody knows about these things.

"That is the hardest part for me being married to Anthony.

"You become involved."

Peita-Lee spoke passionately about shielding their son Oscar, not yet one year old.

"I just feel sorry for my son. I want him protected and not subjected to this," she said. "We just want to move on.

"Look, this won't blow over that quickly but we'll get through every day together."

Gold Coast Titans management are also backing Laffranchi.

"We will stand by him until a court finds one way or another," said Titans managing director Michael Searle.

Laffranchi is expected to play in next weekend's round one NRL match against St George Illawarra at Suncorp Stadium.

Asked could the charge hamper Laffranchi's focus on football, Peita-Lee said: "He is pretty thick skinned and Anthony is a good player too.

"I don't know but I don't think he will be affected."

Laffranchi's charge followed an extensive inquiry by Strike Force Saro, comprising detectives from the Child Protection Unit and Sex Crimes Squad.

The NSW Police Force said the investigation began after a woman reported that she might have been sexually assaulted.

\"Anthony is an awesome husband and the best dad you will ever see,\" she said.

\"I have never been disappointed in anything Anthony has done.\"

Peita-Lee said her husband was completely innocent, despite the player telling police he had consensual sex with a 26-year-old woman at a unit in William Street, Five Dock, in inner Sydney.

Saw her picture in the paper, yes she is blonde

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4