League Central Matt Orford eyes Manly return

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Utility Player link said:
T Rex has 2 years to go on his contract has he not.

I think the papers have got their Williams's confused.

I thought David Williams re-signed @ the start of the year - if not he'd be a good one to offload given his run of injuries.

I really wish Ox the best of luck, but don't want to see him return to Manly. We need to be focussing on the youth.

As for T-Rex - I'm all for him going to Newcastle or playing for us in the forwards. We need a different guy out wide.

Jethro link said:
It would be a step backwards in my opinion when we should be looking to move forward with youth development to build for the future.

Hands down the most accurate comment I've seen. If only recruitment thought this logically!

ridiculous to resign matty.have to look to future.

just as ridiculous as the fools who conveniently forget his contributions to our club up till the end of 2008.wins a dally m in 08,runs top ten in 07 and the team beats one of the best sides in history 40 nil.

you dont poll that many points individually as voted by many great past players and captain winning gf's if you cant play.

time for some people to wake up and give a bit of credit to the bloke.

Don't really bother with these homesick reports from the UK

Last year we heard the same about Monaghan and Menzies coming back, along with Matt King. None of them are in the NRL this year

The papers know Newcaste have money so they are being linked to everyone, if they pull it off might be able to field a decent side next year with Gasnier, Inglis, Matai, Tony Williams and Money Bill Williams all on the books

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Don't really bother with these homesick reports from the UK

Last year we heard the same about Monaghan and Menzies coming back, along with Matt King. None of them are in the NRL this year

The papers know Newcaste have money so they are being linked to everyone, if they pull it off might be able to field a decent side next year with Gasnier, Inglis, Matai, Tony Williams and Money Bill Williams all on the books

Then they wouldn't be known as a one man team??

LOL that would defeat years of the rest of us sledging Newcastle fans. Suppose we could change to sledging them for trying to buy a premiership

The Knights would be very cashed up if a few others quit after more drug charges. No-one ever said that investigation was finished, did they ?

he can come back as a backup hooker off the bench every game for no more than 120,000. dollars a year if that ..
we got a good halves combo we need to keep for atleast 5years.. there could be 2 grand finals in that time maybe one definately.. no need to offload matai & perry then gain him geez :eek: :-[

Not many players leave Manly and then come back. Orford sort of did it once already, but that was Northern Eagles days. Once you're gone, you're gone. Manly don't make a habit of releasing established players and then resigning them later. The last one I can think of was Hoppa and we all know how that ended. Thanks for your efforts Ox but we'll struggle on without you.

We will take back Ox but only if he comes in a combo with Monnas. Back to the future.

Looking forward to seeing Matas weekly assessment and the resurrection of the concentric circles tag.

Yeh I forgot old Tezza. OK so maybe a few prodigal sons return. I just can't see the value in Orford being one of them.

If Orford returns it's probably because we've lost Hodko to the dogs. Hope I'm wrong.

As far as I'm concerned Hodko should be the priority signing, if he does stay we don't need orford eating up salary space no matter how cheap he comes.

If we lose Hokko and can get him for cheap, I say why not?

Without the pressure of captaincy and goal kicking duties, after a refresher in the super league (maybe a few new strings to his bow?) and with Foran beside him, he could do great things.

I wasnt too sad to see him go, opposition coaches had figured him out, that might not be the case now.

I guess the main problem is his age, how long does he have left in him (and hows DCE travelling?)?

Hokko seems to be commanding a fair bit of money on the market, hes still got a lot of development left in him though. It would be foolish to keep him at ANY cost

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7