• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've seen 28 reported as his age in a few articles too. If 24 is right this looks like a real value purchase. When Brenton went off in the second half he had to leave the field on the hill side and walk around to the other side with the trainer. He got a great round of applause all the way around. After the game he came right around the fence with regulars like DCE and Matty B. He seemed to really be lapping it up and enjoying the new environment.

My social mixed touch team has a couple of double headers coming up and some extra players would be handy if he's available.

Sea Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence thrives in NRL trench warfare

by: Jon Geddes From: Manly Daily March 20, 2013

SEA Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence is thriving in the trench warfare of the NRL - but he almost ended up in a far more dangerous combat zone.

Manly's "Top Gun" forward has revealed he was set to follow a very different path three years ago by becoming a ground defence officer with the Royal Australian Air Force.

It is a career where real heroes are born as the officer's primary duty is to defend Air Force airfields, assets and personnel from ground attack.

It was while playing for the Raiders in Canberra Lawrence graduated from university and applied to join the RAAF.

"I waited a fair while," Lawrence said.

"In that time I went to the Gold Coast and played some games for Burleigh and then got a start with the Titans."

When the Air Force finally got back to Lawrence and said it was ready to go, he told them he was playing in the NRL.

The Air Force's loss has certainly been Manly's gain as Lawrence has been one of the team's standout performers in the opening two premiership games.

"I always thought about playing football at the NRL level and for some reason maybe blindly or foolishly I always backed myself that I could have a run and I'm glad I did," he said.

Lawrence, 24, has come a long way from the young centre who got picked up by the Raiders while playing schoolboy football in Adelaide.

He arrived at the Sea Eagles with a single-minded determination to succeed after being in and out of the Titans side for two seasons.

"Being honest, I did find that frustrating," he said.

One of the key requirements for a ground defence officer is maintaining a very high physical fitness standard and Lawrence has done that with his impressive efforts at training.

"Whether I am training or playing, I've got something to prove," he said. "I want to be part of the success we are building here."

On Saturday he will come up against his old Titans team at Skilled Park.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-prop-brenton-lawrence-thrives-in-nrl-trench-warfare/story-fngr8iii-1226600884185

RE: Sea Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence thrives in NRL trench warfare

Wtf? I thought I read here or elsewhere this bloke was twenty eight? If he is only twenty four we have ourselves the buy of the season and next three to come. Sorry kingy. Sorry George shopping Kitet around made him as angry as Bellamy not picking him for soo so we are well served for props with some of the best young guns coming through. Who wouldn't want to be a manly fan!

Pretty sure he is 28

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenton_Lawrence

Brenton Lawrence

Date of Birth: 29 December, 1984
Height: 187 cm
Weight: 106 kg
Position: Front Row
Rep. Honours: NA
Junior Clubs: Central Districts JRLC (South Australia)
Previous Clubs: Gold Coast (’11-12)
FG Debut: Gold Coast v Cronulla – Skilled Park 25/06/11 (Rd16)

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/playerprofiledisplay/Sea%20Eagles/Brenton%20Lawrence/6893

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7