Latu v Schu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Most likely no coincidence that Latu is being tried as a 7 now with the view of him being a ready made replacement for D C E . Then with the option that he can always cover a 6 role . Thought some time ago that that could be a future scenario with either Shu or Weekes as future Manly 6 's [ or Shu as the 13 ] and Latu as the 7 . Was not sure previously that Latu as a 7 would suit his style of play but looked quite comfortable there yesterday and can only get better and more confident with more time and experience there . Humphries is still probably capable of offering something worthwhile as a 7 too but for i st grade requirements , someone like Latu would be more in favor now or definitely likely going forward .

Most likely no coincidence that Latu is being tried as a 7 now with the view of him being a ready made replacement for D C E . Then with the option that he can always cover a 6 role . Thought some time ago that that could be a future scenario with either Shu or Weekes as future Manly 6 's [ or Shu as the 13 ] and Latu as the 7 . Was not sure previously that Latu as a 7 would suit his style of play but looked quite comfortable there yesterday and can only get better and more confident with more time and experience there . Humphries is still probably capable of offering something worthwhile as a 7 too but for i st grade requirements , someone like Latu would be more in favor now or definitely likely going forward .
I’m pretty sure even though Latu had 7 on his back yesterday he was playing 5/8. He was attacking and defending on the left all game and Abbey on the right

Schuster has versatility as a 5/8 or ball playing lock.

To be a forward he needs to make tough runs and make metres, otherwise we are just playing another #6 and we'll have one less player to do the grunt work. I haven't see Josh do this role as a forward very well to date.

Given that we already extended DCE for another two years, I don't see us keeping both Schuster and Latu Fainu. They're both under contract but I imagine their manager will have them playing in a starting NRL side in their preferred position if we cannot fit in.

I didn't think of Latu as a half but watched yesterday's Blacktown game and he did well, so yeah i don't think it's a case of Latu v Schu as the thread title puts it, more a Latu and Schu possible future halves combo.

However i think you're dreaming is you think we'll save 800K! Both guys are already on huge money and if they cut the mustard as NRL halves they'll probably soon be on more than we're spending now.
DCE is on $1.3 mil and we're not paying Latu more than $500K in the next couple years.

I'd say Manly will go out of their way to retain both. Latu as DCE replacement, or Schuster at half and Latu 5/8. Latu is still learning his trade but hopefully he will be a sensation. Combined with Schuster they would create havoc for oppositions. Must keeps.

Its not a case of Latu V the Shu
Their is room for The talented Latu and the Shu to both fit into the Manly team

Schuster has made it certain in pressers that he wants to be a one club player at Manly. Latu also will stay faithful for how the club stuck by Nase, I know it was Des and he is gone now but the club still had a big role in it. And Sam Fainu debuting this year before older brothe Sione Fainu for the tigers show how much we prioritise the brothers. Latu is now being given the 7 at reggies and he will adopt a dominant playmaking, halfback type role and work on that for the next year or so in reserve grade against men so he can be ready to be the foil for Schuster when Chez retires. It's an exiciting potential long term plan. Schuey also maturing his game at 6 with another 2 years before Latu is ready will be perfect as well. That halves combination will work.

Considering he has just turned 18, Latu is coming along really well. Already looks comfortable out there. The main concern, assuming he stays with us, will be timing of the handover. How many years will DCE keep playing?

Schuster has made it certain in pressers that he wants to be a one club player at Manly. Latu also will stay faithful for how the club stuck by Nase, I know it was Des and he is gone now but the club still had a big role in it. And Sam Fainu debuting this year before older brothe Sione Fainu for the tigers show how much we prioritise the brothers. Latu is now being given the 7 at reggies and he will adopt a dominant playmaking, halfback type role and work on that for the next year or so in reserve grade against men so he can be ready to be the foil for Schuster when Chez retires. It's an exiciting potential long term plan. Schuey also maturing his game at 6 with another 2 years before Latu is ready will be perfect as well. That halves combination will work.
Shifting Humphreys back to Flegg to play 9 also seems to confirm the direction the club is going

I’m pretty sure even though Latu had 7 on his back yesterday he was playing 5/8. He was attacking and defending on the left all game and Abbey on the right
All this talent coming through over last few years has eventuated to nothing !
Hope I am proved wrong soon because frankly all the talk and no action on the field is getting very frustrating.
Whatever happened to the old saying “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” (Matt Busby @ Manchester United) which still remains on the dressing room of that proud Club.

Shifting Humphreys back to Flegg to play 9 also seems to confirm the direction the club is going
Interesting. Where would that leave Gordie? Do you think they'd be sharing the role? Tough to know as the game keeps changing. One year it seems reasonable to to have 2 DMs, then the rules change and maybe it's not necessary. A bit hard to plan for the future these days.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2