Latest signing rumours for MANLY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
A story in the sunday telegraph:

Cashed up eagles eyes saints star.

Manly are to unleash a muti million dollar splurge on 2 of the hottest off contract players to go onto the open market.

1: jammie lyon whole will command around $400,000 a season will be offered a lengthy deal

2: ben creagh who will be offered $1,500,000 for 3 seasons.

seems alot of money for theses 2 with orford also on big $$ aswell.

I'd be very surprised if Manly had a spare $900K a year to spend. Ill have to wait and see the article tomorrow but if we could snare both those players that's be awesome!

Caps gone up $700k for one.
BK's gone, and I leave it up to you to guess what he was on.
Cleal left, Alberts left, Heckenberg left, Harris left all with contracts we could afford to pay this year, after 2006 signings were done.

I wouldn't be so sure that we don't have a lot available to spend. As soon as the above players left, CURRENT players contracts could be front loaded....etc etc...

I would imagine one or two shock players may be released (Witt / Monaghan (hope not) / Willow) for example: (guesses only)...

01. Stewart $140k
02. Robertson $60k
03. Bell $220k
04. Matai $60k
05. Hicks $150k
06. Lyon $400k
07. Orford $450k
08. King $220k
09. Monnas $220k
10. Kite $280k
11. Watmough $150k
12. Creagh $300k
13. Menzies $200k

14. Dunley $100k
15. Bryant $80k
16. Leuluai $100k
17. Willow $100k

That's $3,230,000

On average, all the other 8 players of the 25 would get around $50K IMO.

That would then leave errors, or me UNDER stating examples of income by $400k. Leaves a lot of room no?

Also consider that as stated above, with players leaving like Cleal, Harris, Heckenberg, Alberts and co....a lot of players contract would have been loaded with these players funds THIS year, thus reducing AGAIN the players costs I have noted above.

I hope this makes sense. I guess I reckon we have plenty of cap to move if required in my opinion.

Sorry...also have to add about Caps....list a full str. Melbourne, Dragons, Eels, Broncos, Roosters outfits, and you will find our squad (if it comes to reality, would only RIVAL these teams with rep players, payed up players etc.

I mean Billy Slater and Ben Cross are playing PL for Melbourne FFS. They'd be in our team any day of the week !!

Remember guys, we shouldn't under sell ourselves.

I think recruitment team are doing a fantastic job THIS year with all the hush hush.

Also, Manly & Souths I think they said, are the only teams in the past X period (forget the term for Fluffy's benefit to be found to have NOT cheated the salary cap....we're good guys.

I reckon Creagh, Lyon AND another decent prop.

I like the breakdown you have given of what the players are on Ryan. Good work!! There is only one player I think is on alot more than what you have stated and thats Beaver. I would like to think that he is on around 300k at least - but 100k would be exempt from cap anyway i guess.

i think they could upgrade Matai and Robertsoms contracts. To be paying Dunely $100k and only $60 each to matai and Robertson is an insult i think.

[quote author=Ryan]
Caps gone up $700k for one.

Today's paper said that the players union and NRL had not yet agreeed that the cap is to increase to $4m next year.

Geeeze guys, this news is "really something!" we didn't already know..... how long have suspected that Lyon and Creagh were moving to Brookie.....

I'm totally shocked!!

on todays effort i dont know if we have room for slater - wasnt involved in any of the bears scoring plays and made a meal of at least one effort to let us score

PS We flogged those dirty bears 54 - 4

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4