Latest on watmough's case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter

Girlfriend seeks NRL star AVO

By Brad Clifton

April 23, 2007 04:37pm
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

THE former girlfriend of NRL star Anthony Watmough today accused the Manly footballer of throwing coins and a chair at her and intentionally jamming her between two sliding doors during their stormy relationship.

Gillian Rixon was giving evidence in Manly Local Court where she is seeking an apprehended violence order against the forward.

Miss Rixon was applying for the AVO as rugby league great Terry Lamb faced court over an alleged golf rage incident. For more on Terry Lamb click here.

Miss Rixon told the court she feared for her safety and that she had been subjected to several violent episodes during her seven-year relationship with Watmough.

On one occasion, after a New Year's Eve party in 2004, the footballer arrived home and began pelting her with coins.

"There were indents in the unit walls from the coins and one of them hit my head," she said. "I had a bruise on my forehead."

Miss Rixon said she was also hit on the shoulder with a chair thrown by Watmough and had a sliding glass door slammed into her.

She told the court she was scared of Watmough and feared further violence despite the fact their relationship had ended.

"I've seen what he has done before to me. I don't want to be hurt the way I was hurt," she said.

Watmough's legal team has described Miss Rixon's claims as "a pack of lies".

The hearing continues.

Sounds like she is out to get him rather than in any fear

theres no way he would be seen going anywhere near her now

I'm not against the man but its only an article. You can't really make assumptions that he's a woman beater or that she's out to get him.

Although if I had to make something up the last thing on my mind would be he threw coins at me.

he was probably just giving her a tip.

My chick is always wanting me to throw money at her....women

im not saying none of that happened jsut it all seems in the past if it did happen

an avo may have been useful then but now it doesnt sounds like it would make eny difference, hence she just wants a blotch against his name

Yeah I understand what your saying.

It seems like she is trying to get some publicity and perhaps a story in a woman's mag or something.

However woman may be scared to go to authorities whilst being in an abusive relationship. Is it ever to late to get justice on something like beating your girlfriend or wife?

\"Miss Rixon told the court she feared for her safety and that she had been subjected to several violent episodes\"

The exact phraseology from the handbook on how to obtain an AVO.

Jatz, I've done a quick search.

Can't find a handbook on getting AVO's ;)

I was wondering how long it would take for the great apologist of domestic violence to join the fray.

My first thought when I read the article was that this is all about a custody battle or an attempt to keep the player away from the kids.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4