Latest News

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To enjoy the finger food (free sandwiches) you have to be faster than Usain Bolt to get in on the action.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
So we have SherLOCK and we have SHYlock, both of whom set the place alight with rumours....sorry being a relative newbie I didn't realise...you learn something new every day don't you!!

No theres no shylock, thats just what I called Sherlock, the alter ego to which I referred is another poster altogether.

The Wheel link said:
To enjoy the finger food (free sandwiches) you have to be faster than Usain Bolt to get in on the action.
  Those Liverpudlians know how to scrounge for scraps Wheel.  I'm told Everton fans used to sing this lovely ditty:

In the Liverpool slums
In the Liverpool slums
They look in the dustbin for something to eat.
They find a dead cat and think it's a treat. 

It would be interesting to see if he gets anywhere near the money, I think he's tugging himself to be honest.

As to the Crown Lagers and Sanga's as far as I am aware Vid's never been there, he's always under the Brooky Pub sign on the hill....even WITH the free sanga's on offer.....his mates would dethrome him if he deserted them!!

It would be interesting to see if he gets anywhere near the money, I think he's tugging himself to be honest.

As to the Crown Lagers and Sanga's as far as I am aware Vid's never been there, he's always under the Brooky Pub sign on the hill....even WITH the free sanga's on offer.....his mates would dethrome him if he deserted them!!
Free sarnies aren't limited to game day I'm told. 

I suppose if I was giving up my time for a 4-5 hour night time meeting mid week (as I imagine the FC meetings would be)...I think I'd want to be fed as well.....if that's what you are implying??

As far as I am aware FC board members are not paid (correct me if I am wrong).....so I think it would only be fair to expect a few sanga's as long as it's a "working dinner".

I suppose if I was giving up my time for a 4-5 hour night time meeting mid week (as I imagine the FC meetings would be)...I think I'd want to be fed as well.....if that's what you are implying??

As far as I am aware FC board members are not paid (correct me if I am wrong).....so I think it would only be fair to expect a few sanga's as long as it's a \"working dinner\".
I cannot for the life of me fathom what those muppets would have to discuss that would take an entire 5 hour meeting.

Inside Scoop link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184030.msg274551#msg274551 date=1279085224]

As far as I am aware FC board members are not paid (correct me if I am wrong).....so I think it would only be fair to expect a few sanga's as long as it's a \"working dinner\".
I cannot for the life of me fathom what those muppets would have to discuss that would take an entire 5 hour meeting.
[/quote]

Am not surprised you can't fathom what they might be up too, it may take a bit of intelligence

We have most of the usual club haters in the one thread.  Sherlock, reyam and inside scoop.  All we need now is mickqld and the quartet of the biggest baggers of the club in recent memory would all be together. 

Is there actually 4 people who hate the club that much or is is just plain amazing how one person can keep up with all of their pseudonyms?

Inside Scoop link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184030.msg274551#msg274551 date=1279085224]

[/quote]  Endless renditions of the glory of how they knifed a perfectly good CEO must take time.  A bit like the front rower whose 10m try becomes a  80m zigzagging run, these fellows have probably convinced themselves of the justness of their cause and the manliness of their execution.

Good fun watching the noobs bite at Sherlock. I notice this is his first go for a couple of years! :)

Welcome Ads, another newbie.....the "sky is falling in week" has certainly dragged a few of those in!!

Just had to check if there was a full moon tonight...

Mata - Everton is in Liverpool (Not like you to not know something or believe everything you are told?) so your little ditty would not be sung would it?

Mata - did you forget about sitting with the Penns at Brooky and enjoying their hospitality or forget about getting an invite to the sheds by them post game? (I've never been in the sheds after a win so please do tell us what it's like?)

In way of full disclosure (because I know that Matabele is so fixated with my life) - I'm actually entitled to sit in a box at Brookie but as those that get to the games will tell you I have a season ticket for the Hill (that I pay for) where I can be found when we play at home.
Away games -  I pay my money for me and the kids to travel on the supporters bus (even though I volunteer to sign people on to the bus so am technically working) and go GA at away grounds with the MWTS.

I occasionally get access to a couple of spare NRL passes to away games and generally pass these out to other travellers (there will be some reading this post that will have benefited from free access)

At Football Club board meetings there are occasionally sandwiches because we meet immediately after leagues club board meetings and we begin at 8.30pm so some of the guys who are on the board of both clubs are not wrapping up until around 9.30 or even later after putting in a full day with their "paying jobs' - Fair enough I think? (I think Bob Reilly may get a discount from the leagues club bistro?)

I've generally eaten before I go but I will admit I generally help myself to a bottle of water from the bar fridge which is complimentary.

I've never seen alcohol drunk at a board meeting and once we have wrapped up we all head to our respective homes rather than spend hours chatting and drinking afterwards.

And to confirm - FC board members are all volunteers and are not paid a cent from the FC or any other entity

Another Matabele sniping post - non-productive, non-factual and sloppy lazy rubbish - At what stage do you get to moderate yourself mate?

uh-huh so there are sandwhiches....I knew it haha

Is there a secret handshake? there is isn't there.....this is so masonic

Can someone give me the short version of vidmar's latest diatribe?  I couldn't trawling through yards of self-aggrandisement. 

Masonic sounds right Dan. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4