Late night shopping

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't think anything has occurred recently on free to air to cause us to stay home on a Thursday night. It is still a low point of the week for footy fans, bit like the dark before the dawn.

I don't know what it's like where you live SER8, but at my local shopping centre Thursday night is just filled with emo kids and fights for security to break up, not matter what's on I'd rather be at home watching tv.

On that note, I noticed both Johns and Webcke both said a couple of times that the Manly v Newcastle game was at Brookie. Maybe a little extra research and a little less dressing up and dicking around would help his show?

Haha actually my local shopping centre is shut on Thursday nite except for IGA I think! Pretty quiet town!

I thought the Brookvale gaffe was unforgivable. The show was just another Footy Show really, I doubt I'll tune in again.

Johns would be far better advised to take his comic abilities in the opposite direction to NRL - forget having to tone everything down to meet the NRL's image, just be himself, a mischievous, slightly witty, sleazebag. I could see him doing ok on the club circuit or comedy circuit he could eventually do ok and who knows end up with his own show on tv anyway?

As it was I thought his show was mediocre and unoriginal. Maybe the only thing it adds is s abit of pressure to the original show to lift its game. Just my thoughts, but I lost interest in the variety type footy show years ago.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
I don't know what it's like where you live SER8, but at my local shopping centre Thursday night is just filled with emo kids and fights for security to break up, not matter what's on I'd rather be at home watching tv.

Hahaha it's bad isn't it!

I assume you are talking about Tuggerah.
Erina Fair isn't as bad, but still has the emo's hanging around.

The gangbanger has no place to play the mischievous, slightly witty, sleazebag on broadcast media.  Ch 7 are taking a big gamble with him as he is a polarising figure and would be damaging their brand in the eyes of quite a few people. 

I thought the show was quite good. Pretty funny stuff in it. The wolfman got a run on it. I like Matty Johns... I think he is hilarious. Good to see him back

Matabele link said:
The gangbanger has no place to play the mischievous, slightly witty, sleazebag on broadcast media.  Ch 7 are taking a big gamble with him as he is a polarising figure and would be damaging their brand in the eyes of quite a few people. 

Geez Mata. What's with all the ultra-conservative stuff?

So what if he had a bit of gang bang back in the day?

So what if his brother doesn't mind a pill or two?

That is not the kind of thing that defines a person.

Exactly. They're out there living their lives, experiencing what the world's got to offer.

I never did understand the hate Joey copped for dropping a few pills or two. Since when did the odd dinger hurt anyone?

Why make the connection between what Mathew did and what Andrew did? Leaving aside the drug issue for the moment...

When you ask, 'so what if he had a bit of a gang bang back in the day?' do you mean there is nothing wrong with that, or just that he should be allowed to put it behind him?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Why make the connection between what Mathew did and what Andrew did? Leaving aside the drug issue for the moment...

When you ask, 'so what if he had a bit of a gang bang back in the day?' do you mean there is nothing wrong with that, or just that he should be allowed to put it behind him?

Other than the fact he cheated on his Mrs, nothing wrong. And don't go on about the poor "victim". She was up for it at the time, it all seems a bit late in coming to light for me.

Just as I thought. That debate has already been had, and Matt himself disagreed with you. Enjoy the show.

For the record, I thought the show was a load of crap.

Dogs will always sniff other dogs ar$es & footy players will always be footy players. It's that simple.

I wouldn't be happy with my chick freinds getting too close to footy players but if they do, you can't whinge about what happens.

Johns' cheap smut is pretty hollow from a fellow encouraging his mates to root a vulnerable girl whilst his wife was home having his child.  Did you see the Four Corners story?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6