last nights performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
last night there were few players that impressed but then some players showed nothing had changed during the off season.

Lyon and Glen Stewart were very impressive and left off from last year. These 2 should be our captains.

Players that impressed me last night;

Dean Whare- he is quick of the mark and has a great step on him- very impressive

William Hoppa- Has built up in the off seaon. excellent first 40 and came close to scoring.

Matt Ross- Great forwards game and had a bit of grunt and size aboout him. Was very passionate when he was on the side line and cheering his team on.

Terence Seu seu- Excellent runs from Dummy half and quick of the mark. Will give ballen competition for the 9 this year.

Trent Hopkinson- Did ok. Great kicking game but was rusty which is expected.
Cherry-evans- good kicking game and scored the first try.
Liam Foran- ran the ball alot instead of working wth Lyon. But will come in time

Tony Williams- was quiet in first 20 but was very involved and impressive in the last 20 when he was working outside of lyon.got alot of ball.

David Williams- nothing has changed from last year. Played 40mins. First 2 touches he fumbled and dropped the ball.
over all good match and some great talent to look forward to this year.

slickster71 link said:
last night there were few players that impressed but then some players showed nothing had changed during the off season.

Lyon and Glen Stewart were very impressive and left off from last year. These 2 should be our captains.

Players that impressed me last night;

Dean Whare- he is quick of the mark and has a great step on him- very impressive

William Hoppa- Has built up in the off seaon. excellent first 40 and came close to scoring.

Matt Ross- Great forwards game and had a bit of grunt and size aboout him. Was very passionate when he was on the side line and cheering his team on.

Terence Seu seu- Excellent runs from Dummy half and quick of the mark. Will give ballen competition for the 9 this year.

Cherry-evans- good kicking game and scored the first try.
Liam Foran- ran the ball alot instead of working wth Lyon. But will come in time

Tony Williams- was quiet in first 20 but was very involved and impressive in the last 20 when he was working outside of lyon.got alot of ball.

David Williams- nothing has changed from last year. Played 40mins. First 2 touches he fumbled and dropped the ball.
over all good match and some great talent to look forward to this year.

Ryan just got a boner !

Dave Williams is set to make a motzah this year with this Wolfman movie being released.  But he won't earn as much if he gets dropped.  I hope he is being reminded that headlines don't automatically ensure selection, particularly when you chase them.

I met David before xmas and suggested (in a friendly way) he concentrate on scorching down the touchline this year instead of tv appearances. Unfortunately I forgot to remind him to catch the ball first...

There was one massive change from what I saw last night and from what we saw in 2009. Manly played the game tryline to tryline rather than tryline to sideline. There appeared to be a concerted effort to play the game straight at the line rather than the sideways performances that marred 2009.

Corso_Pete link said:
There was one massive change from what I saw last night and from what we saw in 2009. Manly played the game tryline to tryline rather than tryline to sideline. There appeared to be a concerted effort to play the game straight at the line rather than the sideways performances that marred 2009.
  That is very good news.  We played so direct in 2008, but last year we resembled crabs with the female honeypot sitting in the stands.

slickster71 link said:

Who are Trent Hopkinson and Matt Ross?

Did we swap Foran brothers?

Excellent news about us straightening up the attack... I think B Stewart has alot to do with that. In 08 we seemed to have the whole backline running direct with snake swooping behind and it worked well. Without him he lacked that cohesiveness. I think T Williams is gonna get a crack at centres and I got a feeling he is gonna live up to his potential in 2010

clontaago link said:
[quote author=slickster71 link=topic=182438.msg251639#msg251639 date=1266006517]

Who are Trent Hopkinson and Matt Ross?

Did we swap Foran brothers?
[/quote]

LOL i was waiting for someone to do that..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2