Lachlan Lewis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is definitely better in the halves than croker

What do you judge that on? I do remember him playing 5/8 when we beat Parramatta 56-0 or something at Brooky, and he repetitively tore them apart, before going off injured.

Bear in mind he was playing under a coach that struggled for wins at any club.

Last edited:
When a side is struggling, you look at the players 'gifts' to determine if they're worth persevering with...as it turns out, the Dogs are cutting him loose. That tells you that he is not suffering from playing behind a badly beaten team; he is part of the reason the team is beaten badly.

He wasn't an overly gifted junior player that made Australian Schoolboys, etc. He has always been pretty slow, strange 'drop' when kicking the ball and absolutely void of enterprise.

Without intending to be horrible, this is one of the worst suggestions i've seen on the forum for some time.
Thank you Snake and guilty as charged. You are not alone in your sentiments here as the overwhelming opinion is that this kid ain't worth crap. Given all that, I would say there is a very good chance he will be at our club next year!! Amazing what a good coach can do....particularly where you already know the kid and his capabilities.

ps I would hire him purely on his judo throw on that repugnant grub Walker. How many other half backs would have the gall / guts to do that? Yes I know it's a brain snap but does show initiative and enterprise.

What do you judge that on? I do remember him playing 5/8 when we beat Parramatta 56-0 or something at Brooky, and he repetitively tore them apart, before going off injured.

Bear in mind he was playing under a coach that struggled for wins at any club.

To me they are both crap I just think Lewis is better and is wasted at the dogs. Croker has been much better in the 9. Des has turned him into a less attractive matt ballin :)

So a good coach wont make a difference then! That’s sorted that out.

Re another tiresome thread, I‘m sure you know you can just ignore a thread if you find it tiresome.

Probably a little harsh calling him a footballing wastrel and an idiot, sure he could of handled the situation better, but Cody no doubt could be an irritant.

I’d be interested to know you thoughts about Gifty after his altercation with Blair on the way to the bin?

Absolutely
Thanks for responding.

As a rule I do ignore these threads, Rafferty.

Yes, Stewart was foolish and should have ignored Blair. I imagine he would agree.

Thankfully the talent elsewhere in the team got them through to the GF and Stewart was able to play his part.

He slammed Walker for the cheap-shot he put on Meaney just before halftime. Mates sticking up for mates, always gets a tick in my book. But not enough to want/need him at our club.

Thanks for responding.

As a rule I do ignore these threads, Rafferty.

Yes, Stewart was foolish and should have ignored Blair. I imagine he would agree.

Thankfully the talent elsewhere in the team got them through to the GF and Stewart was able to play his part.
Your welcome.

Interesting that Stewart got 3 matches and Blair 5, which provided Glen the opportunity to play in the GF and would of denied Blair had the storm got through.

I’m sure you recall the game, Glen scored a try along with Brett, picked up the Churchill, in what was a good day for us and a special day for the Stewart boys. Very lucky he didn’t get 5 matches like his counter part.

The idea that Lewis stood up to Walker is a little amiss; why didn’t he punch him? He got 10 in the bin anyway...missed opportunity.

Interesting that Stewart got 3 matches and Blair 5, which provided Glen the opportunity to play in the GF and would of denied Blair had the storm got through.
They were both obviously at fault for fighting after being sinbinned, but Blair got extra punishment for his role in the original blow-up, namely a vicious uppercut to a bloke (Darcy) who was being held by others at the time. Glenn never should have been binned in the first place.

They were both obviously at fault for fighting after being sinbinned, but Blair got extra punishment for his role in the original blow-up, namely a vicious uppercut to a bloke (Darcy) who was being held by others at the time. Glenn never should have been binned in the first place.
Your comment inspired me to go and watch it again, I’m all Manly and cant stand the storm, you’re right about Blair’s cheap shot, but in all fairness Glen made it his business to wait for Blair and strike it up the second time, he threw the first punch for Rd 2 as well, I think he was pretty luck to have only got 3 weeks, would of been easy to agree with them both copping the same deal.
And your right it was hard to understand why Glen was binned initially above anyone else, any number of players could of been binned for running in, it was pretty much an all in, Blair was always going to have to go and should of been sent not binned in the first place. And I guess if the ref said Glen run in to join the original fight, what about the 6 or 7 of us that run in to get involved in Rd 2 without consequences! Snake was very lucky he missed I would say, anyway it’s all just a bit of history now, we won and went on to do the job that year, let’s hope we can see a similar result Rd 21 this year, (maybe without the fight) and go on with the job again, ironically it will be the 10th anniversary of BOB and 10 years since we’ve won a comp.

Your welcome.

I’m sure you recall the game, Glen scored a try along with Brett, picked up the Churchill, in what was a good day for us and a special day for the Stewart boys. Very lucky he didn’t get 5 matches like his counter part.
I believe Blair was charged both for throwing punches (before getting initially sin binned) and for the fight afterwards, whereas Glenn only got charged for the latter... hence the difference.

The 10 year anniversary match would have been at Brookvale this year and it's a great shame it won't be played there in front of a packed crowd.

The idea that Lewis stood up to Walker is a little amiss; why didn’t he punch him? He got 10 in the bin anyway...missed opportunity.
There was an interesting point made by Jamie Soward. He questioned why he got 10 mins in the bin and yet no penalty was awarded. It would probably be the first time in the history of the game that a player gets binned without giving away a penalty.

There was an interesting point made by Jamie Soward. He questioned why he got 10 mins in the bin and yet no penalty was awarded. It would probably be the first time in the history of the game that a player gets binned without giving away a penalty.
Yeah hadn't thought about that...good point.

Maybe because the halftime whistle had been blown, they weren't allowed to give the Bunnies a penalty. If it happened before the whistle, I suspect they would have had the shot at goal etc. But yeah...certainly unprecedented.

On a minimum contract he'd be worth signing.. there ain't to many good halves around at the moment. Even though he ain't one of them.. you probably wouldn't find a better experienced back up half for chez during origin

Yeah hadn't thought about that...good point.

Maybe because the halftime whistle had been blown, they weren't allowed to give the Bunnies a penalty. If it happened before the whistle, I suspect they would have had the shot at goal etc. But yeah...certainly unprecedented.
True but one could argue that if the 10 mins is served during the second half even though it was awarded at half-time, so could a penalty. Pretty strange situation all round,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4