Lachlan Lewis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally I think the kid has all the right attributes to make a GREAT 5/8 but he seems to lack decision-making skills... often just takes the wrong option at the wrong time - Round 2 was a perfect example where his effort was good but he just didnt have an impact on the game...

I agree with the previous poster who said he would be a different story if he had came up through a Storm/Roosters development squad set-up...

It's a no from me though - not cause i dont rate the kid but purely cause I think our focus should not be on buying more halves...

Lewis just needs to polish his game. He's played halfback this year with Wakeham at 5/8 and not offering too much help in guiding their side. Wakeham is a good defender though, and is a goal kicker so....

Back on Lewis...as others have said, he's not a running half...but boy...does he have a boot on him! He strikes the ball with power, whether that is putting up a high ball or getting his team out of trouble. As far as number 7's go this year...he's leading the kick metres with 962m...DCE is the next best with 922m...and Lewis has played 30 minutes less footy than DCE.

On his attitude...he strikes me as a James Maloney type. He doesn't seem to show much emotion in general play and mistakes/plans not working out as planned don't seem to faze him.

Given that he's what...23/24 (?) and has only played about that many games in the nrl….I'd have him here if the price was right.

If Schuster is not given a go in 2020 we will loose him and another club will benefit. He looks a class above Croker and Cust but we’ll never know if he’s not given a go. He’s in the top 30 for a reason and it ain’t to sit the season out.

If Schuster is not given a go in 2020 we will loose him and another club will benefit. He looks a class above Croker and Cust but we’ll never know if he’s not given a go. He’s in the top 30 for a reason and it ain’t to sit the season out.

Given the situation though with everything from NSW Cup down not playing its going to be tough forcing his way into the side. If the side is playing well with Walker at 5/8 and Croker on the bench (plus there is also Cust to consider, not that he's playing either thanks to the pandemic), Schuster may well have to bide his time until 2021 unless there are injuries, poor form or Des decides to rotate his bench to give players a run.

Hey Robbo .... $300k a year for a good 2nd rower ... $1mil a year for a good 5/8 .... if you're Schuster you are telling Dessie you're allergic to sniffing bums ...
Taumololo 1 mil?
I still say jake should and will end up as a prop and will play the way James Graham did. This possibly allows Schuster to play lock... in time.

It's a NO to Lachlan Lewis from me, but I'm going to throw out another name for your consideration....
A winger to replace the reportedly-leaving Suli and/or the ageing Tafua:
Jordan Repana.
He would give us more pace and agility than the above two, and it would appear that Canberra will have problems with the salary cap next season.
Rapana is both ageing AND leaving (back to Japan)

Agree. Rapana slowed down big time last year. May as well give Hoppa and Funa a crack or go and find another Garrick for far less $
I reckon Rapana was a Ripper of a player,, but not as dynamic as he was and though personally would still give a thumbs up to him coming to Manly...it's not happening and in actual fact, we may have as good or better options with who you mention and i have a strong sneak feeling, young Hoppa will start his career on the wing and could be super.

I reckon Rapana was a Ripper of a player,, but not as dynamic as he was and though personally would still give a thumbs up to him coming to Manly...it's not happening and in actual fact, we may have as good or better options with who you mention and i have a strong sneak feeling, young Hoppa will start his career on the wing and could be super.

If his knees hold up. An outside back having two ACL injuries before he even gets into grade is never a good thing no matter how much potential the player has.

If his knees hold up. An outside back having two ACL injuries before he even gets into grade is never a good thing no matter how much potential the player has.
Yep is definitely a concern - great talent but every injury takes its toll and from here , young Hoppa needs basically an injury free run to get a shot and show his undoubted ability...

I'm watching this game with drag queens and I cant help wondering if Lachlan Lewis just isnt a half? His tackling and kicking are excellent but his positional play and decision making are horrendous...

Not big enough for a lock probably but could he be better as a rake who drops back for the kick on 5th tackle maybe?

I'm watching this game with drag queens and I cant help wondering if Lachlan Lewis just isnt a half? His tackling and kicking are excellent but his positional play and decision making are horrendous...

Not big enough for a lock probably but could he be better as a rake who drops back for the kick on 5th tackle maybe?
I think hooker or lock is his position. He's tough and tackles well.. He's no half that's for sure. He could play 13... become the cam murray of the dogs. Dont need to be big in the 13 these days and he can hold his own in D.

Just throwing out the idea that he would be a good buy. There's talk of doggies chasing Reynolds to partner Foran which leaves Lewis out. Lewis has one of the best kicking games in the comp and plays an organising type game which would allow Chez to just play off the cuff and not be under pressure to perform every kick. We were at our best with Foran and Green, both who could kick and take pressure off Chez. Most teams have a fullback or a hooker that can kick, we have Chez and Chez only. Turbo, walker and levi/Fainu really don't help out in this department. Ive been telling my mates for a year now we should chase Lewis. I know we have Schuster but I really believe Schuster could be our next Glenn Stewart and be a ball playing backrower or lock. Why not have both??? Thoughts?
Foran didn't have much of a kicking game when paired with DCE, i don't think Walkers kicking is that far off Forans anyway and will improve.(Forans grubbers into the in goal is more developed though)

But yeah a second kicking option is always good to have, there is nothing stopping Tom or Levi from adding another element to their game.

Foran didn't have much of a kicking game when paired with DCE, i don't think Walkers kicking is that far off Forans anyway and will improve.(Forans grubbers into the in goal is more developed though)

But yeah a second kicking option is always good to have, there is nothing stopping Tom or Levi from adding another element to their game.
Fozs grubber was a product of his ability to pull the defensive line apart with his passing/running threats. I wish Chez would watch some videos of Foz in 2011. It's not all about having a magic boot, more about where, when, why.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4