Kylie is Realistic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
http://www.silvertails.net/news.php?extend.934
Interesting article on the selection of Matai and Kylie in the NZ squad. I am pleased that Kylie is not getting too carried away with it. With the other players in the squad he has Buckleys of playing in the test.

I would love to see him more of an impact, more along the lines of Fui Fui as I think he has that potential.

As for Matai he will do well to play 1st grade next year in my opinion. Maybe has potential but Alberts and Bell weren't bought to play reserve grade!

matai would do good to learn how to defend. His missed tackles were far more than alberts or steppa (at centre), second in total i think

CW - I think it comes down to Kylie receiving the ball deeper in attack. He's always very flat, and ends up having runs like Danny Lima used to. He should do more second phase play, plus the most important thing - he should learn to pass the bloody ball !!!

The problem is though mate - we have:-

Heckenberg
King
Bryant
Leuleuai

Kite, Cleal & Rose are our only forwards (props) with the ability to offload, and / or creat second phase play.

The Tigers this year showed that the bopper forwards are going out of style.

I almost reckon you could put Glenn Stewart in as a prop now !!!

there is always room for big boppers. that wont change.

our backrow are the ones mainly responsible for creating 2nd phase play and they do it well. Then you throw Kite into the mix, so I think we are serviced pretty well.

Kylie should just get the ball and run and as hard as he can everytime, if he does that I am happy!!!

I think we have problems. Props like Rauhihi and their fantastic offloads aren't at Manly. We need at least one of two props on the field to be able to create second phase play.

Rauhihi - 65 offloads and average 0.9 errors and 2 mistackles per game
Webcke - 41 offloads, errors av 0.6, 2.6 mistackles
Kite - 19 offloads av 0.8 errors & 2.3 mistackles/game
Bryant - 9 offloads in 16 appearances with virtually no errors of any kind but I guess you can say he can hang on to the pill.
George Rose - 3 offloads in 5 appearances.

I used to believe that battering rams are the way to go but not any more. Where are we going to get the advantage?

The problem is though mate - we have:-

Heckenberg
King
Bryant
Leuleuai

Kite, Cleal & Rose are our only forwards (props) with the ability to offload, and / or creat second phase play.

The Tigers this year showed that the bopper forwards are going out of style.

I almost reckon you could put Glenn Stewart in as a prop now !!!

Big boppers going out of style :roll: Just like the world will be overtaken by gang tackles after 2002.

Every team that has won the comp in the last 5 years has been different from the one preceeding it, what makes you think it will be any different next year? The Tigers have gone and bought 2 big boppers plus handbag, will Sheens keep them in PL now because boppers are going out of style?.

Ryan O'hara & Sam Harris both have the uncanny knack to offload, pass the ball, and be the second phase player. In fact Sam Harris is a very good wide running back rower.
Keith Galloway consistently tries to get an offload away ALA Jason Ryles (mind you - he will never be as good as Ryles).

Steve Price said on NRL on Fox when he was at The Bulldogs that the "robots" are going out of the game, and is why you'll find the rep forwards have verious facets to their games.

Being one dimensional is easy to counter.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4