Kristie Fulton + jnr development team did all right

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Look at the junior recruitment, Schuster, Weekes, Gordon, Koula, Ole, Samuela Fainu, Latu Fainu, Fletcher Myers, Saab. A big thank you and well done to this. Tuilaga looked great last night compared to at the Tigers. Sadly we think of Manese as well who would be the number one hooker in the game by now. Christian T also doing well as a squad member. I really hope we keep up the aggressive recruitment we have done the past 5-10 years.
Watching the lack of talent in the SG Ball/Matts against Wests in the last match, it felt like we went back to 15 years ago when I would sit there and our juniors would get smashed. I really hope we haven't turned off the taps as Manly's local clubs got too upset with the western kids coming in. Fingers crossed for better results from Matts and Ball against Canberra today.

You can see from last night the amazing job the Fultons did etc against the likes of The Roosters brown paper bag recruiting, that the formula for bringing in was pretty spot on.

Kristie is old fashioned like her father and isn't into all the PC crap that goes on these days

I am sure there are a few of us here who would be sacked if we did now what we did in the 80's at work

Kristie is old fashioned like her father and isn't into all the PC crap that goes on these days

I am sure there are a few of us here who would be sacked if we did now what we did in the 80's at work
For sure. Imagine if you went to work telling people you thought Parra was going to win 4 premierships this decade… you’d be locked up!

Not really fussed whether the juniors are sourced locally or from out west. After all Dee Why is known as 'Blacktown by the sea' and Avalon as 'Mount Druitt by the sea'. So long as they can buy in to the Manly winning culture is what matters most.

I can't say too much as it may upset a local Northern Beaches family, but Kristie didn't treat some of our locals too well. Good time for her to move on.

Not really fussed whether the juniors are sourced locally or from out west. After all Dee Why is known as 'Blacktown by the sea' and Avalon as 'Mount Druitt by the sea'. So long as they can buy in to the Manly winning culture is what matters most.

I can't say too much as it may upset a local Northern Beaches family, but Kristie didn't treat some of our locals too well. Good time for her to move on.
Avalon? First time i heard about that one!

You can rejoice all you want about our junior recruitment .
But until we win our next premiership it doesnt count for jack ****.
Once that happens it is deemed a masterstroke ,until that day it is just fielding a team.

You can rejoice all you want about our junior recruitment .
But until we win our next premiership it doesnt count for jack ****.
Once that happens it is deemed a masterstroke ,until that day it is just fielding a team.
Harsh but somewhat correct. But I am enjoying having a competitve team to watch which includes some very talented youngsters coming through.

Wondering if Manly would be playing as the Western Reds by now if the pathways wasn't started and the team was selected from the local competition .Fulton ( RIP ) saw what was coming and we witnessed on Friday night it's progression .

The two of the three most successful teams over the past 15 years (storm and roosters...other being panthers) have next to no local kids and as yet stay up the top of the comp.

Teams with the biggest junior pull in Parraa or the Broncs have had limited success over the years.

I would suggest there is a case for smart recruitment outside of your local area and anything local being a bonus

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8