Koula v Timoko

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Already skipping ahead to next Sunday arvo. These two going at it all game will/should be a real highlight.
‘Koula hasn’t really set the world on fire since coming back from injury. But if he’d like to give himself a real good test, this is the bloke to come up against. Timoko is slightly taller and weighs 6kg heavier.Only three years difference in age. Timoko has 47 1st grade games to Koulas 26. Timoko is killing it with his tough, bollocking speed to burn runs. Often starting on one side of the field and weaving his way to the other side leaving defenders in his wake.
I think Koula could do worse than fashion his game on Tomokos. Regardless, I hope it’s a good contest. One I hope will sprark young Koula to bigger and better things.

I mentioned about tactics from our coaches in another thread…a lot of our players aren’t being given a chance to shine…i mean look at our play makers..one is a 30 plus yr old using all his energy tackling then you have useless johns

Move him to the left side outside Schuster. He will get some ball there.

On the right side doesn’t get much ball from DCE and zero ball from Haumole as he is a hog.
This is something I have pondered.

Could Koula and Parker swap.

Olakau'atu the main outlet on the right with Saabs pace on the wing. Parker just needs to defend, run lines and link to Saab when required.

Koula on the left, with space provided from Schuster and Tom.

Interesting thought

This is something I have pondered.

Could Koula and Parker swap.

Olakau'atu the main outlet on the right with Saabs pace on the wing. Parker just needs to defend, run lines and link to Saab when required.

Koula on the left, with space provided from Schuster and Tom.

Interesting thought
To be honest not having a quality 6 really stifles him as well - since he came back I can not remember him getting any quality ball (which might also be due to our forwards / 9)

To be honest not having a quality 6 really stifles him as well - since he came back I can not remember him getting any quality ball (which might also be due to our forwards / 9)
By the way Isz , I saw your Hero David Hoskings marching with Golden eagles
Good bloke and Great character is the Mule and his son is playing Great footy for the Panthers

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Good bloke and Great character is the Mule and his son is playing Great footy for the Panthers
need a love heart here

I have the greatest story about him - will share when i have the time but explains why i just love him

Unfortunately used as a battering ram rather than (arguably) the fastest guy in the NRL. Where is our coaching brains trust re tactics, plays etc. Surely they can rehearse some pet plays to try and get this guy into space??
Yep, and as a battering ram he is just too small to be effective.

I want to see more out of Koula - line breaks and tries would be a good start - but he's playing in a team that offers him nothing. To be honest, if I was in his shoes and offered $800K a year to switch to union, I'd be shaking hands with my new teammates tomorrow. And I hate rugby union.

I mentioned about tactics from our coaches in another thread…a lot of our players aren’t being given a chance to shine…i mean look at our play makers..one is a 30 plus yr old using all his energy tackling then you have useless johns
Koula doesn't get any clean ball to do anything anyway, by the time it gets to him it's usually a rushed pass or an offload, with the defence swarming all over him.

Okay here it goes

I really started supporting manly in the early 90's when as a teenager, despite never playing a game of league in my life, managed to snag a school boy pass which allowed me to have free entry to every game (they were amazing)

It was sometime in 91/92 when I was first introduced to the MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE shout that would happen as he carted the ball up.
From that moment he was my hero but it was really cemented a few years later.
Picture the scene.

An underage LSZ has snuck into the front bar at the Steyne hotel on a sunny Friday afternoon. For this of you who are not from the beaches it is pretty much the landmark pub at manly.

There I was with a couple of mates sipping on a well earned but highly illegal beer when I spotted the great man enjoying a dart and a schooey of old.

I was a bit nervous about approaching my hero but did it anyway.

What a man. Me and my mates shared several beers with him and heard stories which were most likely a mixture of truth and other. Somewhere I still have a signed coaster from that day - a great memory of when a man gave us far more time than we deserved

Unfortunately used as a battering ram rather than (arguably) the fastest guy in the NRL. Where is our coaching brains trust re tactics, plays etc. Surely they can rehearse some pet plays to try and get this guy into space??

I felt sorry for the guy he was 100% effort yesterday tried his heart out. I bet he can’t wait until schu is back. A 62 year old cliffy would have outplayed Cooper Johns yesterday.

Okay here it goes

I really started supporting manly in the early 90's when as a teenager, despite never playing a game of league in my life, managed to snag a school boy pass which allowed me to have free entry to every game (they were amazing)

It was sometime in 91/92 when I was first introduced to the MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE shout that would happen as he carted the ball up.
From that moment he was my hero but it was really cemented a few years later.
Picture the scene.

An underage LSZ has snuck into the front bar at the Steyne hotel on a sunny Friday afternoon. For this of you who are not from the beaches it is pretty much the landmark pub at manly.

There I was with a couple of mates sipping on a well earned but highly illegal beer when I spotted the great man enjoying a dart and a schooey of old.

I was a bit nervous about approaching my hero but did it anyway.

What a man. Me and my mates shared several beers with him and heard stories which were most likely a mixture of truth and other. Somewhere I still have a signed coaster from that day - a great memory of when a man gave us far more time than we deserved
Thank you for taking time to share this fascinating story about the fan and the football icon the Great Manly player and Great Manly character David Hosking Known affectionately as The Mule

The Mule came from the old School of Tough and Rugged on the field and a complete Gentleman off it

The Game is made more popular
with Great Characters like the Mule
1684116640114.jpeg

Sadly his son grew up following Melbourne. Epic fail on dad’s part.:(;)
Massive

We all try our best with our kids.

Thankfully for both mine they are Manly supporters who hate Juventus and Inter Milan (that is Italian football for anyone who does not know). Thankfully my oldest now supports West Ham but thanks to Sam Kerr I might struggle to move my daughter off Chelsea

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4