Koula ....big year coming!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you are caught for numbers often you need to jam in. Its is a whole edge issue which the winger often gets blamed for.

You'd look just as silly staying out and the opposing centre strolling through untouched
Another thing that is sometimes overlooked is that when a winger jams, the inside defenders are meant to slide hard to cover the attacking winger in case the ball makes it out there. Because of his speed Koula is very good at this. Just one more area where he has been sorely missed.

Now that news is out that Manly has offered Tolu a new deal (how did that news get out?) we are set up for a big boost and positive vibes if he agrees to sign, or ...

or way more fuel on the bonfire of anti-Manly noise if he rejects the offer, or even if negotiations drag out too long.

Just pure speculation and scuttlebutt regarding Schuster to the Tigers , especially from N R L 360 , Probably still centered around Benjy at the time mentioning that he thought Josh made a good debut for Manly 3 or so seasons ago Look at the Flanaghan matter , supposedly a done deal then shown much to do about nothing .

Tell him to watch how RTS is struggling in his choice to play union, he is not enjoying it, no wonder he wants back in in the NRL
Ok lets get something right first , being Kiwi and loving union and league all this talk about going to the wallabies may have some merit as they are going so poorly and have for a long time and Eddie likes to raid players
However for RTS , he was never going to break into the All Blacks as they have far better players in front of him, he took a gamble which did not pay off , I'm glad hes going back to league as i didn't want to see him in our world cup team , not hard to get into the wallabies not so easy to get into the ABs , just saying

Nothing more Koular than a Strike centre with Killer speed in our back line

See the source image

Just pure speculation and scuttlebutt regarding Schuster to the Tigers , especially from N R L 360 , Probably still centered around Benjy at the time mentioning that he thought Josh made a good debut for Manly 3 or so seasons ago Look at the Flanaghan matter , supposedly a done deal then shown much to do about nothing .
Exactly, why would Shoe or Koula want to go to a struggling club and invite all the added pressure onto themselves of being their main game breakers. Api's busting his b.... every game, sure he's getting a ton of money, but I bet he never thought it'd be this tough.

First of all, hope Tolu is going nowhere, however all this talk about who in their right mind would want to go to the Tigers as they are a basket case, etc, we’ll I’m not so sure.

They are rebuilding in a really positive way, they have bought well, Api, Papalii, Bateman, Klem and blooded a couple of promising rookies in Bula and Tupou, their pack is well balanced with size, speed and experience, Api will improve them no doubt as they work him out.

If the Tigers we’re to say strengthen their backline, get a decent half and or upgrade one of their 3/4 (Tolu) they would all of sudden be looking very competitive on paper, not some basket case at all, they just rolled the Riff and have been fairly competitive in most games this year, Donkeys game aside.

They should be able to sell their vision quite easily, even blind Fredy can see their building nicely and aren’t finished yet, weigh up their recent signings against ours, Talau, Woods, Coops, Condon etc, pretty easy to see who has made a better fist of it. I feel like we have become somewhat of a basket case in regards to our recruitment, handcuffed via stupid contracts aside, who’s fault where they anyway.

Its not so cut and dry, if Tolu wants to play Union, his gone, if not and and rumours are correct it looks like he has the option to choose between us and a cashed up offer from the Tigers, it’s a scary thought, could easily go against us with the current state of affairs, player manager and contract figures aside, where’s our upside?

We have no recognised DH, they have one of the best, our halves, well we have one who’s 34 and struggles to run the side that he also captains, (not bagging Chez, just stating the truth) our other half doesn’t play anymore, can’t get fit and appears to be in all sorts, (hopefully its all noise, think that’s more wishful thinking), our FB who’s one off the best, when he plays, is currently also in all sorts (hopefully he gives up this quest to alter his gate and just goes back to playing footy and starts enjoying playing again, if he gets injured he gets injured, might not even happen).

I guess the point is we may struggle to keep Tolu, the Tigs May have more appeal at present and maybe I’m a little concerned that the Tig’s upside with regard to signing potential players could be better than ours, why wouldn’t the Tig’s want him and the scary part, they have the cap space no problems, theres a Million or more in Brooks alone, hurry up and secure our boy.

Looking forward what is he worth in our cap

young, fast, deceptively strong , nice footwork, solid defender, havnt seen much classic centre ball to the winger yet

our side of dce, oku, koula, and saab should be right up there, yet they are not.
big, fast,
it says to me we can only afford to spend a certain amount on centres as they are not a big part of our playing style.
Maybe this combo will emerge as putiing games together at the right part of the careeers could be the reason it hasnt clicked to where it should be. Saab recent makeover has certainly added to its quality as example

every dent we make we should be working this side with space . Forget tom, this is a major potential strike in our team.

pay big for it, better use it properly

First of all, hope Tolu is going nowhere, however all this talk about who in their right mind would want to go to the Tigers as they are a basket case, etc, we’ll I’m not so sure.

They are rebuilding in a really positive way, they have bought well, Api, Papalii, Bateman, Klem and blooded a couple of promising rookies in Bula and Tupou, their pack is well balanced with size, speed and experience, Api will improve them no doubt as they work him out.

If the Tigers we’re to say strengthen their backline, get a decent half and or upgrade one of their 3/4 (Tolu) they would all of sudden be looking very competitive on paper, not some basket case at all, they just rolled the Riff and have been fairly competitive in most games this year, Donkeys game aside.

They should be able to sell their vision quite easily, even blind Fredy can see their building nicely and aren’t finished yet, weigh up their recent signings against ours, Talau, Woods, Coops, Condon etc, pretty easy to see who has made a better fist of it. I feel like we have become somewhat of a basket case in regards to our recruitment, handcuffed via stupid contracts aside, who’s fault where they anyway.

Its not so cut and dry, if Tolu wants to play Union, his gone, if not and and rumours are correct it looks like he has the option to choose between us and a cashed up offer from the Tigers, it’s a scary thought, could easily go against us with the current state of affairs, player manager and contract figures aside, where’s our upside?

We have no recognised DH, they have one of the best, our halves, well we have one who’s 34 and struggles to run the side that he also captains, (not bagging Chez, just stating the truth) our other half doesn’t play anymore, can’t get fit and appears to be in all sorts, (hopefully its all noise, think that’s more wishful thinking), our FB who’s one off the best, when he plays, is currently also in all sorts (hopefully he gives up this quest to alter his gate and just goes back to playing footy and starts enjoying playing again, if he gets injured he gets injured, might not even happen).

I guess the point is we may struggle to keep Tolu, the Tigs May have more appeal at present and maybe I’m a little concerned that the Tig’s upside with regard to signing potential players could be better than ours, why wouldn’t the Tig’s want him and the scary part, they have the cap space no problems, theres a Million or more in Brooks alone, hurry up and secure our boy.
Some good points for sure, but if rugby is offering 800K with pretty much a Australian jersey certainty I don't see how the tigpies can compete. But yeah if he only wants to play league then all you said is in play for sure,

Some good points for sure, but if rugby is offering 800K with pretty much a Australian jersey certainty I don't see how the tigpies can compete. But yeah if he only wants to play league then all you said is in play for sure,
I call BS on the $800k offer. Suaaliis deal is as much about riding RLs PR coat tails as it is buying a good player. Koula is good but doesn't garner the headlines that RA is looking for.

Looking forward what is he worth in our cap

young, fast, deceptively strong , nice footwork, solid defender, havnt seen much classic centre ball to the winger yet

our side of dce, oku, koula, and saab should be right up there, yet they are not.
big, fast,
it says to me we can only afford to spend a certain amount on centres as they are not a big part of our playing style.
Maybe this combo will emerge as putiing games together at the right part of the careeers could be the reason it hasnt clicked to where it should be. Saab recent makeover has certainly added to its quality as example

every dent we make we should be working this side with space . Forget tom, this is a major potential strike in our team.

pay big for it, better use it properly
Point one, hard to say, might be more a case of what we can afford to pay, (which probably won’t be enough, unless, read through to the end) we really can’t afford to lose Tolu and end up with Talau, Parker 3/4, his one of our brightest prospects, we need his speed, strike and the upside is untapped.

We lack any attacking structure at the moment, we never seem to shift the ball across the field to set either of our wingers free let alone place our backline in motion, we lack depth, we lack structures, we play so one out and predictable with the ball its sad.

I agree our right edge is stacked when fit and should be a real threat with the ball, starts with Chez, if and when he goes across the field, seems no one has a clue what his doing, when he puts Quac on the ball, (which would be lethal with some polish) the backline shift basically ends unless Quac breaks the line and promotes the ball, I get it’s his job as an edge forward to run the ball, but (he should occasionally shift it along and or run some decoys, he naturally draws defenders anyway, our right edge gets staved of ball). If and when Tolu gets the ball, it’s rarely in open space or with opportunity to promote Saab, so can’t really blame him for just running the ball and trying to create something himself, he gets bugger all space or opportunities with the ball as it is.

I’d love to see us go right more often (shifting the ball across the backline in both directions) while playing off some depth. Your right our attack has mainly focused on Tom and shoe (when he plays) taking the lions share of the ball left, we need to move on from 21, if our coaching staff don’t get it, they should watch the sharkies, their attacking structures are close to the best in the comp, both sides of the ruck, with decoys and depth, alternatively perhaps moving Tolu to the left and Parker to right could help get him extra ball and in space.

Anyway one last thought, with everything thats going on, could it be we can‘t afford Tolu? And the Solution, pressure Shoe to get his act together, (because at present it’s a total mess) if he can’t, free up his coin to spend on Tolu. Finally, hard question, if you had to pick Tolu or Shoe, which one? Its a tough one and I’d hate to lose shoe but I would be choosing Tolu at this point if it’s one or the other.

Last edited:
Point one, hard to say, might be more a case of what we can afford to pay, (which probably won’t be enough, unless, read through to the end) we really can’t afford to lose Tolu and end up with Talau, Parker 3/4, his one of our brightest prospects, we need his speed, strike and the upside is untapped.

We lack any attacking structure at the moment, we never seem to shift the ball across the field to set either of our wingers free let alone place our backline in motion, we lack depth, we lack structures, we play so one out and predictable with the ball its sad.

I agree our right edge is stacked when fit and should be a real threat with the ball, starts with Chez, if and when he goes across the field, seems no one has a clue what his doing, when he puts Quac on the ball, (which would be lethal with some polish) the backline shift basically ends unless Quac breaks the line and promotes the ball, I get it’s his job as an edge forward to run the ball, but (he should occasionally shift it along and or run some decoys, he naturally draws defenders anyway, our right side gets staved of ball). If and when Tolu gets the ball, it’s rarely in open space or with opportunity to promote Saab, so can’t really blame him for just running the ball and trying to create something himself, he gets bugger space or opportunities with the ball as it is.

I’d love to see us go right more often (shifting the ball across the backline in both directions) while playing off some depth. Your right our attack has mainly focused on Tom and shoe (when he plays) taking the lions share of the ball left, we need to move on from 21, if our coaching staff don’t get it, they should watch the sharkies, their attacking structures are close to the best in the comp, both sides of the ruck, with decoys and depth, alternatively perhaps moving Tolu to the left and Parker to right could help get him extra ball and in space.

Anyway one last thought, with everything thats going on, could it be we can‘t afford Tolu? And the Solution, pressure Shoe to get his act together, (because at present it’s a total mess) if he can’t, free up his coin to spend on Tolu. Finally, hard question, if you had to pick Tolu or Shoe, which one? Its a tough one and I’d hate to lose shoe but I would be choosing Tolu at this point if it’s one or the other.
If Koula was on the open market he'd be somewhere in the 400s. (Maybe more for desperate clubs)

Our right is definitely clunky given the talent there. If we can keep DCE, Guac, Koula and Saab on the field for an extended period of time we have the makings of the most threatening right edge in the NRL. They are all doing ok individually but it takes teamwork to make the dream work.

If Koula was on the open market he'd be somewhere in the 400s. (Maybe more for desperate clubs)

Our right is definitely clunky given the talent there. If we can keep DCE, Guac, Koula and Saab on the field for an extended period of time we have the makings of the most threatening right edge in the NRL. They are all doing ok individually but it takes teamwork to make the dream work.
Not to mention a fit Turbo sweeping around the back, the things I’d do to see it fit and firing.

Anybody else think players are returning earlier than expected from injury this year compared to previous years? Just an observation but there are a few recent examples - Koula, Saab, Parker, Tui. Chubby Checker is an outlier but don’t think we can apportion all blame to the medical staff.

Would appear Seibs and his staff have brought us into the 21st with regards rehab and his recent interviews support this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4