Koroisau expecting to 'put on a clinic'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Fri 10 Jun, 2016, 11:00am
By Chris Kennedy ‌, National Correspondent , NRL.com

77b9cc45220019d486f5c554e2b3922e

Stand-in Manly halfback Api Koroisau says he's glad to be given another chance in the halves alongside flatmate Dylan Walker and is tipping the pair to show what they're capable of against Penrith on Sunday.

Koroisau has played three of his seven NRL games this year at halfback and his running game has come to the fore in those appearances.

It's a stark change compared to his early season woes when, coming off major shoulder surgery and limited preparation, he struggled in his early games at No.9 before being sent back to the Intrust Super Premiership to build his confidence.

Injuries to halfback Daly Cherry-Evans (ankle, four weeks) and skipper Jamie Lyon (hamstring, two weeks) mean this weekend is also another chance for Dylan Walker to play in the halves.

After not quite nailing the role over the opening 10 rounds Walker was shifted back to his preferred centre position for two games before the former Rabbitoh was picked for his Origin debut as a utility.

Manly won just one of the three games the two flatmates were partnering each other in the halves earlier in the season but Koroisau was player of the match in one of the losses, a tight one against Souths where Manly were the better team for much of the contest.

Speaking from the club's Narrabeen training base on Thursday, Koroisau said he was looking forward to further developing his on-field partnership with the man he flats with.

"Yeah mate it's exciting; definitely an opportunity here to prove myself again. It's definitely something I think of doing a job for the boys and hopefully coming out with the two points," Koroisau said.

"I think [Walker] will shine. We're a team that thrives on adversity, especially with all the injuries we've had so I think everyone will really step up to the plate.

"It's really enjoyable. We're really comfortable around each other and we work off each other well so I think we did well the first stint we had and I'm hoping we get a bit of time to do it again.

"We're really comfortable around each other and know how each other work. I think we'll put on a clinic this Sunday and come out with the two points."

Koroisau added he wasn't feeling any pressure to try and emulate senior half Daly Cherry-Evans, but said the injured playmaker had given him some solid advice.

"Cherry-Evans is someone no-one can replace so I feel no pressure with that. I'll be going out there to play my own game and hopefully lead the boys around," Koroisau said.

"He told me the same thing he told me when he first injured himself which was just play your own game. I'm not Cherry-Evans and I'm not Kieran Foran. He said play your own game and you'll come out

http://www.nrl.com/koroisau-expecting-to-put-on-a-clinic/tabid/10874/newsid/97897/default.aspx

surely this club has a 5/8 hidden SOMEWHERE in the lower grades??? with matai and lyon both out, surely walker should be playing in matai's spot for the remainder of the season at least????
I dont think we will win many more games this season, and im ok with that, as we have been lucky to have such a dominant team for so long, a few years of struggle was always on the cards, but why in the world, with both starting centres out, are we weakening the 6 3 and 4 by playing people out of position when we have a world class centre sitting right there looking lost at 5/8???

2 tier cap.
We cant just promote everyone and anyone as we would like to.

surely this club has a 5/8 hidden SOMEWHERE in the lower grades??? with matai and lyon both out, surely walker should be playing in matai's spot for the remainder of the season at least????
I dont think we will win many more games this season, and im ok with that, as we have been lucky to have such a dominant team for so long, a few years of struggle was always on the cards, but why in the world, with both starting centres out, are we weakening the 6 3 and 4 by playing people out of position when we have a world class centre sitting right there looking lost at 5/8???

I would almost have suggested Api at half, Parcell at 5/8 and someone else at hooker

You make the future sound mighty bleak....

I would almost have suggested Api at half, Parcell at 5/8 and someone else at hooker
pity hodges blew out his knee, atleast that way we coulda run with api and parcell in the halves... altho ive never seen pacell at 6 so not sure if hes an upgrade on walker or not

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2