Knock on - held - NO it's a try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My mate says it all the time. When you play someone like the panthers ,who are on top on the tree, you will never get the 50/50 decisions or the rub of the green, so you have to play smarter and harder to win, because nothing is going to go your way, and we did neither. As for people bagging DCE, the bloke always busts his guts trying to get something happing, because no one else is doing anything. He has a 5/8 who only gets involved when he feels like it. Yeah he is going to make mistakes because he has no help. I bet he cant wait for the season to be over as well. The Schu needs to wake up and start giving DCE some help. He didn't stay off social media for long, he is back on it now. Kristy Fulton said it, He has to grow up and realise his potential, he is no good to us if he doesn't, he will just be another plodder
So True - agree with all of that, I may have been at a bar on the drinks watching a game with your mate by the sounds of that post @;)

I'm looking forward to Annersley coming out next week and saying 'whoopsie daisy, the refs got it wrong again. Oh well...' and seeing absolutely nothing happen as a result of it.

Manly did however show how far off the pace we are against the worst Penrith side Ive seen all season with low intensity 75% of the game, yet really, Manly couldn't go with them.
Actually I saw Cleary's presser and he was very happy with how Panthers played, he gave credit to Manly for playing well.
On the thread topic ... yep ridiculous decision, also agree Sorensens' pass forward but as others have noted, too many errors and poor choices by Manly players in the heat of the moment to capitalise on all their good work.

Actually I saw Cleary's presser and he was very happy with how Panthers played, he gave credit to Manly for playing well.
On the thread topic ... yep ridiculous decision, also agree Sorensens' pass forward but as others have noted, too many errors and poor choices by Manly players in the heat of the moment to capitalise on all their good work.
And I think a lot of those errors were due to fatigue after having 2 on the bench for all the 2nd half against a clearly more up tempo Panthers than in the 1st half.

Wow...What a rollercoaster ride that was last night, it had everything, brain fades by Garrick and Schuster, 4 missed knock on's in which 2 try's were scored off. Sutton but in a masterclass of the worst refereeing I've seen in a long time even rivaling Cumstain's v Parra game at Brookie. Penrith looked flat, and we had our chances but typically failed to ice them when we really needed to. Now we've got to try and cobble a side together next week against the imposing Warriors..mmm..the Circus rolls on guys.

And I think a lot of those errors were due to fatigue after having 2 on the bench for all the 2nd half against a clearly more up tempo Panthers than in the 1st half.
Yes for the failure to back up Garrick's kick, I feel a bit sorry for him copping all the ridicule given it turns out it was a rehearsed plan.
But a few other errors including early in the game were more down to lack of cool heads, eg Schu's absurd kick and DCE's intercept pass.(DCE played well though, he got my 2 MVP points, he ran so often i wondered if he was trying to make a statement to a certain halves partner!!)

Yes for the failure to back up Garrick's kick, I feel a bit sorry for him copping all the ridicule given it turns out it was a rehearsed plan.
But a few other errors including early in the game were more down to lack of cool heads, eg Schu's absurd kick and DCE's intercept pass.(DCE played well though, he got my 2 MVP points, he ran so often i wondered if he was trying to make a statement to a certain halves partner!!)
Chez certainly did a great job in the first half particularly, of rushing Cleary and shutting down his options. I always put myself through the ringer and watch the replay the next day b4 deciding on my points coz you do miss a lot when you're at the game. But 2 points seems fair for sure.

What is the point of having a Bunker that is hamstrung by stupid rules? It can spend minutes trying to CSI a finger-touch or a strip/loose carry but it can't rule on blatant referee mistakes leading up to a 'try'. Nor can it rule on blatant forward passes.
The Bunker creates more angst amongst fans than it solves. It will always be imperfect, just like on-field referees, so why go to all the expense?
I'm thinking...on field TV replays for the ref to review, like they do in the English Premier League. Have a TV monitor at each end, well worth a try to the system we have now.

It's all Tooves Fault - he constantly asked for referees to be consistent on NRL360 and now he got what he wished for.. All referees at Manly games are now consistently bad.....
C'mon C'mon There needs to be an investigation someone needs to be accountable

Siebs needs a lesson from Tooves on handling post game interrogations

I also think the referees need to have their own media interrogation post match what do you guys think?

I'm surprised the Manly players didn't blow up more about the cock-up.
Oh, how I miss the days Fauna-Blake played for us.

Panthers had 1 extra player on the field 2 on the sideline and another in the bunker.
The new rules should be check everything dubious, doubtful, questionable even at the end of the game. The ref boss or his assistant look at it in his office with both coaches at the end of played and change the result. I think every club will agree on this as all have lost in that fashioned. Plus if it's the finals, test or Origin it'll need to be check straight away. A trophy is the same as that elusive precious 2 points

Panthers had 1 extra player on the field 2 on the sideline and another in the bunker.
The new rules should be check everything dubious, doubtful, questionable even at the end of the game. The ref boss or his assistant look at it in his office with both coaches at the end of played and change the result. I think every club will agree on this as all have lost in that fashioned. Plus if it's the finals, test or Origin it'll need to be check straight away. A trophy is the same as that elusive precious 2 points
True, not sure why the bunker bunnies didn't intervene in one if not all of those knock on's, they pull up play for everything else tipping of the Ref. I guess Sutton had to stop the play for the bunker to intervene, this didn't happen much to our disadvantage. Just pray this doesn't happen in the finals in 4wks time.

True, not sure why the bunker bunnies didn't intervene in one if not all of those knock on's, they pull up play for everything else tipping of the Ref. I guess Sutton had to stop the play for the bunker to intervene, this didn't happen much to our disadvantage. Just pray this doesn't happen in the finals in 4wks time.

Why is it more important in 4 weeks for teams in The finals than it is for teams playing now for wins in order to get into the finals.

It’s that kind of rationalisation that leads to a lack of accountability that creates instances of this happening again and again

Why is it more important in 4 weeks for teams in The finals than it is for teams playing now for wins in order to get into the finals.

It’s that kind of rationalisation that leads to a lack of accountability that creates instances of this happening again and again
That's so true, I'd have to agree with that statement.

The rules need to be change to this. End of each round on Sunday, all the coaches 1 by 1 of cause and all the ref go through all the dubious, doubtful, questionable decisions together and if agreed on that 2pts should be handed back to the rightful winning team or except defeat. It won't take long as they'll only be 1-3 plays to look at.

None of this BULL****TTT of apologies on TV during the week CRAP. They get enough $$$$$$$$$$$ us fans pay for them anyway so get it right and we'll except defeat.

I hope it does happen in the finals especially the GF. Maybe then this stupid NRL might do something about it rather than having Anusley pop up every Monday apologising for their fk ups. We won't be there so how nice will it be if it happens to one of the darling teams...... they'll never hear the end of it 🤣🤣

Yeah what about some of the decisions we have copped in the finals since 2013.

The gf of 2013 is laughable.

As was the semi against the dogs in 2014 with reynolds offside when we went for fg.

As was the try to peachey when we played the panthers in 2017. That was the dumbest try ever awarded from a clear knock on. Like last night if it looks like a knock on it is a knock on 99 percent of the time so call a knock on.

What about the 2019 sin bin of Jake against souths as he pushed past gagai to try and make a tackle . Penalty sure but sin bin was a joke. Last week tupou tackled koula without the ball and he wasn’t sent to the bin.

In 2012 against the cows the hand of Foran went out way. However cows scored off a fwd pass a few mins earlier.

Against the sharks two weeks ago we got a bit lucky in the second half I must say

EVERY team cops bad decisions. There is no agenda against Manly, we just remember the bad ones that go against us. On the cross forum thread last week there was a Broncos fan moaning about the conspiracy against them?!?! The big problem is the inconsistency. I can go with a missed call from an onfield official, we all make mistakes. What I can't understand is how certain calls can be brought back seemingly minutes later and the clock wound back (foul play) and yet one play after a blatant offence (last night's knock on) leading to a game changing try- sorry we can't go back. It is just plain ridiculous

Fitness could have been a factor, but I actually thought that - for once - we looked like we were following a decent game plan. The execution let us down, and some truly baffling decisions by individual players, but the plan wasn't awful.
Yep but the coach needes to access and which players he allows off the leash to do those things. It seemed a very scattergun approach that was so far from anything we have played under seibold so far.
At this very moment we don't have the xfactor player that can create those moments. The glass slipper was supposed to be that player but we all know how that has worked out.
Look at the Broncos. Yes they were building from last year but the one thing that has fired them into space is Walsh. His unpredictable play and lightening speed causes havoc.
We all love Garrick but moments like that kick the other night should never happen again. Well not from his boot anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8