Knights Team v Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Tuesday, 7 August 2007 - Newcastle Knights

KNIGHTS v SEA EAGLES

Bluetongue Stadium

Round 22

Friday 10 August, 2007

FIRST GRADE

Coach: Brian Smith

Kurt Gidley
James McManus
Brad Tighe
George Carmont
Cooper Vuna
Chris Bailey
Luke Walsh
Josh Perry
Michael Young
Jesse Royal
Zeb Taia
Daniel Abraham
Steve Simpson (C)

Interchange:

Terence Seu Seu
Cory Paterson
Mitchell Sargent
Kirk Reynoldson

Run at Carmnot and Vuna all night and we will have a field day

Bailey has gone OK when i have seen him play, and Seu Seu could be a danger off the bench

I've rated these guys & I tipped them to beat Saints last week, but that's it, they're gone.

Manly by 50.

Easy win, pity it's not at Brookie as they'd get a much bigger crowd if it was. Just can't understand this.

from LU

"The Knights have recieved dispensation from the NRL to play Dureau on Friday in place of Walsh who has an injured ankle. The dispensation was sort to nulify Dureau from the 2nd tier cap."

Could this happen to more worthy club?

First of all they are running out a Jersey Flegg team and secondly they have Brian Smith in the background trying to sack everyone and tell them that they can't play football.

We'd better rack up a cricket score or I will be mighty worried about our finals hopes.

Saw this Dureau fella carve up in PL a few weeks back. WIll need to keep an eye on him, he had a bit of skill

Danger game for me. We have struggled to beat the weaker sides, especially after having done the job against a top tier team.

I wouldn't be surprised to lose this win. Wouldn't bother me too much either. We are set for second!

CW you're way to pessimistic. Analysis is the key. Just where are their strengths to overcome us? Both in attack and in defense we are streets ahead of this rabble. They are headed for the wooden spoon under Smith, who deserves no less an award. If they stick with him they'll never go anywhere.

I am not tolerating mediocrity.

My point is that we have passed every test but lost to weak teams we were expected to beat.

No team can be up every week. We have had three very hard road games in which we have achieved superbly. I hope we win this weekend.

However the players take their foot off the pedal a bit in games like this and can be tempted to go through the motions.

I can see us struggling to win.

Who cares - is it more important to win this week and then be stale at semi time.

In a few weeks it is a brand new comp that 8 teams will play in. the first 25 rounds will be forgotten. We are there whilst other teams have yet to book their place.

Not mediocrity but realism!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4