Knights shouldn't be so far ahead of us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Knights have been installed as equal title favourites now by bookies. How do you go from the wooden spooners to title favourites in the space of 1 year ?!?!?! I can't see why they should be so outperforming us. Yes they have Johns, but we have a gun half too. They have one big name in their pack being Simpson, we have 4. They have decent outside backs in Carney, Thaiday and Gidley. We have Bell and Stewart. They shouldn't be so far ahead of us!

Because they have a good coach and less injuries and Carney etc.

Its all part of our masterful yet secretive plan to sneak into the top 8 underneath the radar.

They do NOT have a good coach at all. They have started the year off very well, are leading the competition, have the #1 player in the game, a number of other international players and should be virtually unbeatable at home this season.

Premiership favourites? It's a lot to carry on their shoulders, but they have every right to be a long way ahead of manly in the betting ranks. That's for sure.

Because they have a good coach and less injuries and Carney etc.

Yeah such a good coach that they have sacked him and signed Brian Smith. Laughable. :blaugh:

How can Hagan be a good coach? The state of Origin was a debacle! They lost their first 14 games last year and were spooners. I thought it was only results that determined how good a coach is?

To answer the question seriously (cos Byso is again revealing his ignorance) we have a lack of a decent front row and problems in the centres! You need class in both positions to do well!

So in conclusion, they have:
1. Good backs
2. Good forwards
3. Good coach
And we have:
1. Not-as-good backs
2. Not-as-good forwards
3. Not-as-good coach
I think I can work it out from here........ :drunk:

According to the Silvertail experts (that matter) Des is not a Not-as-good coach, he is clueless, has no idea, he's pathetic and basically useless.

That's the only factor that matters according to these experts after 2 games of this season.

We may have a gun half but Johns is so much better it is not funny. He is so good the other knights players think they can not win without him.

They have Johns, we pay for johns but only have orford. nuff said

According to the Silvertail experts (that matter) Des is not a Not-as-good coach, he is clueless, has no idea, he's pathetic and basically useless.

That's the only factor that matters according to these experts after 2 games of this season.

How about the 2 Record Losses under his Guidence for Starters ??? :stupid:

CW, I thought you where ignoring me. From the looks of your replies you should keep it that way ;)

btw would Dessie ever be good enough to coach any SOO side ;)

ignorant :lol: :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :dance:

CW, I thought you where ignoring me. From the looks of your replies you should keep it that way ;)

btw would Dessie ever be good enough to coach any SOO side ;)

ignorant :lol: :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Don't worry Byso - the realists here can make up their OWN minds on whether Des Hasler has had our team improving, the players improving, the clubs attitude improving over the past 12 months.

Quite the opposite in my opinion.

I'll take the form we had first 1/2 of 05 anyday of the week over what we are being served today.

I guess we are in the majority then.
Even though I alluded to Dazzlers shortcoming during 2005. Interesting to see many others have also seen the light.

Knowing CW he'll support Dazzler when/if another record score gets racked up on our proud club.

I'll take the form we had first 1/2 of 05 anyday of the week over what we are being served today.

Thats funny, because I thought Des was our coach then too.

At the same time, I appreciate CW'ers positivity as well....it evens the scales a bit from my old negative arse...

[quote author=Ryan]

Thats funny, because I thought Des was our coach then too.

[/quote]

No **** Sherlock.....that's what we are talking about here..."Improvement" 8| NOT who the specific coach was, or were you just trying to find an angle?

So our coach can succesfully get our team to improve for half a season but not for the rest?? I cant see how you can blame the coach for that.

Dude - no disrespect - but are you serious? I personally think it's the coaches FULL job to improve his players (from the lowest paid player to the highest) in his team over time. I think it's the coaches job to create a winning attitude and environment, and not cover up for inadequacies. I think it's the coaches job to maintain acountability. I think it's the coaches job to create game plan, purchase adequate players, project into the future and get a teams momentum in all aspects moving forward.
While I was obviousle a little adrift with the specific figures as I took Pearces word last year on it from The Canberra game, a general trend analysis depicts a team drifting backwards in momentum, form, wins, attitude, leadership, accountability and structure.

Sorry bout the no **** sherlock comment douggie...went off a little half cocked mate.

If Brian Smith was coaching this club, would Luke Williamson, Jason King or Michael Monaghan be in their 1st team?

I see Des Hasler as the difference in us winning and losing, because we have the personnel to achieve great things.

I hope we can say at years end "this player / that player / the team improved. I think you all know I WANT the team to succeed, because as you have seen in the past, when I'm low (about footy), I'm really low...but when I'm high...I'm pumped.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2