Knights part ways with Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
...and some others.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...e/news-story/a1f83cc0fd2252e2959c799258be5951

Newcastle have farewelled four club veterans and a rookie as they begin a new era under Adam O’Brien following a disappointing end to their 2019 campaign.

The club confirmed at the Knights 2019 awards night on Wednesday that Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Jamie Buhrer, Slade Griffin, Nathan Ross and Zac Woolford would not be at the club next season.

Former Blues representative and Manly premiership winner Jamie Buhrer played 45 games for the club and was thankful for the opportunities the Knights had given his young family.

“It was a move that I’m so glad that I made. I’ve certainly enjoyed every moment,” Buhrer said.
“I’ve got two children who are Novocastrians, I had the twins here, and my wife and I have really settled and love the place.
“I’m just happy to be a part of this journey, I was happy for the club to have me for this part of the journey.”

Ferris’s playing days will be over, wonder if he and Grace will stay in the Hunter or return to the northern beaches.

If he still wanted to play it would be great to see him at Blacktown.

League is such a tough game that, apart from Jamie L, you do not tend to see retired players still going around socially

At the time when he was released , i thought Bozo had lost his mind, but, it looks like his knees definitely did not hold up, and Bozo looked after him by pushing him to take the attractive offer from the knights to setup him up financially

Bozo vision was very accurate , take my hat off to Bozo the immortal

But the signing of Lewis Brown at the same time i thought was crazy

At the time when he was released , i thought Bozo had lost his mind, but, it looks like his knees definitely did not hold up, and Bozo looked after him by pushing him to take the attractive offer from the knights to setup him up financially

me thinks you are going to be very popular with a certain Silvertail ...

Buhrer played well for the Knights for a couple of seasons, he also let Gutherson go which was madness in my book.

I honestly think our recruitment and retention people at the time had just watched Moneyball.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8