Knights; 36 players off-contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Look not really a Manly thread, but jeez thats a sh*tload, i reckon Woolnough or Newton could be good pickups, Abraham was very promising but has fallen away due to injuries whilst Tighe or Thaiday could be options if Hicks or Robbo move on

According to this weeks Big League the following players are off contract at the end of the year:

Abraham
Davico
Newton
Woolnough
Perry
MacDougall
Seage
Hinton
White
Paterson
Tolar
Tighe
Thaiday
Tanner
Caromont
Brown
Franze
Natusch
Salkeld
Gordon
Dureau
Grant
Hession
Cooper
Hunt
Laban
McCosker
Sorrensen
Steel
Karawana
Wooden
Young
Mark Taufua
Hartmann
Larry Taufua
Walsh

I just hope we don't resume the hunt for Salkeld seeing as we nearly signed him 2 years ago. His life has fallen off the rails and he is a major basket case now.

Abraham would be a good pick-up. surely his rotten luck can't continue.

Also Abraham due to his injury problems would be a fairly cheap pickup

meaning if we signed a O'Donnell or O'Mealy would could still squeeze him in

Abraham/Tolar/Hinton.

Best of the bunch really. Then again, I havent even heard of quite a few of those players.

Agree with you both on Abraham. I rated him 3 years ago and expected him to kick on, but he's been absolutely rooted with injuries. That is obviously concerning, but like you've pointed out - if we could sign him in the same sort of manner in which we signed Afa (talented, but injury-ravaged careers).

Hinton would be a better buy than Thaiday or Tighe. I have such massive respect for Hinton after how he got up after he was pulverized by BK at Brookie last year. I think he's got the right attitude to go places. Thaiday is a waste of time.

Tolar is young and talented. Hardly the best young forward in the game, but possibly worth a look.

As for the rest of them... Knights had a damn good Flegg side last year, can I assume that a few of these off-contract are from that squad? They might also be worth a look. Very good Flegg team.

Actually, add Woolnough to my list.

Didn't rate him at all, but he's gone from strength to strength in my opinion.

At the right price he'd be a fantastic buy as prop/second row.

No thanks to Perry. Ever.

i think that Wooden is a young fullback, as opposed the the oversized lump who played for us

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4