Kiwi couple flee with Westpac cash

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
This is just too delicious not to put up. And I will not make any kiwi-bashing or moralising comments - just a great read! Maybe they are Sharkie supporters :)

A New Zealand couple are reportedly on the run after $NZ10 million - instead of $NZ10,000 - was mistakenly deposited in their bank account.

The couple, who ran a Rotorua service station, were understood to have applied for a $NZ10,000 overdraft from Westpac but instead had the larger amount mistakenly paid into their account.

Detective Senior Sergeant David Harvey said some of the money had since been withdrawn and the couple had disappeared, the New Zealand Press Association reported.

Interpol had been called in to help find them, NZPA said.

The service station has closed its doors after going into receivership.

Massey University banking lecturer Claire Matthews said the pair were unlikely to get away with it,

"They've taken funds that they're not entitled to, that are not theirs," she told Newstalk ZB.

"They've effectively, I guess, become thieves but it is only going to be a matter of time."

The business owners could not realistically argue they honestly believed they were entitled to such a huge sum of money, she said.

Westpac said court action had begun to recover the money but refused to comment further.

They will be found very soon. Westpac will still have been f?cked over as they'll have no chance of recouping the money this family is currently squandering. Think of all the bogus passports they could buy to stay on the run.
I can't believe the bank teller/processor is being counselled. They should be fired right away and the shareholders are the ones who should be given counselling.
FFS, my 4 y.o niece would know where the decimal point goes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4