Kites year is in ruins "daily telegraph"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher

On the back page of the tuesdays paper it says he could be sidlined till the finals. He is resting in a darkened room with doctors fearing he could be sidelined till the finals.

The NRL has requested a medical report from manlys doctor.

Dr Bloomfield revealed that kites concussion was so severe the rep prop may not return till week 2 of the finals.
he was unconscious for 3 minutes.

should read 'Manly's season in ruins"

he is our only class prop and was really warming to the task.if he is out for the season it is simply game over.

king and bryant as starting props will not cut it.forget all that metres crap.your eyes tell can tell you king was lucky he wasnt thrown onto parramatta road on saturday.

much the same with parra.now that fui,vella,stringer and tsoulis are gone they are toast IMO.

ZERO go forward means exit stage right.

Hes a big tough bloke. Goes to show the severity of Moimoi's hit. I hope the dog gets what he deserves.

Get well big fella , we need you!!!.

the filthy dog is reportedly only getting seven weeks with a gulty plea.he should be deported to whatever fleabitten pacific atoll he was hatched on.

CONCUSSED Manly prop Brent Kite is resting in a darkened room with doctors fearing he could be sidelined until the finals after a high tackle that has Parramatta's Fuifui Moimoi facing a 10-match ban.

Strife ... Moimoi is sent off. Pic: Sam Ruttyn
The NRL has requested a medical report from Manly doctor Paul Bloomfield on Kite's condition.

Dr Bloomfield revealed yesterday Kite's concussion was so severe the representative prop may not return until week two of the NRL finals.

"Brent was unconscious for three minutes. It is significant concussion," he said. "He is resting and improving but we will have to monitor him.

"He is still having headaches and is sluggish and tired. Brent will have to complete a neuro-psych test, which will show any memory loss.
"This test will also show his reactive time and response time," added Dr Bloomfield.

Moimoi was sent off for the sickening tackle during Parramatta's 31-18 win over Manly at Parramatta Stadium last Saturday night.

He has been charged with a grade three reckless high tackle and will be suspended for seven games with an early plea and 10 matches if he fights and loses the charge.

"I don't remember anything but from what I've been told I'm lucky not to have a broken jaw or any head fractures," Kite told teammates yesterday.

By accepting a seven-match ban, Moimoi would not be back until week three of the finals - provided Parramatta are still in premiership reckoning.

The loss of robust Moimoi for such a lengthy spell will be a body-blow to the rampaging Eels, who have won their past six matches. Parramatta officials will decide today whether to plead guilty.

Dr Bloomfield said only time will tell whether Kite recovers in time to play in Manly's next game. The Sea Eagles have the bye this weekend.

"It will depend on his ongoing symptoms," Dr Bloomfield said.

"Potentially, it could be three, four, six weeks. Luke Williamson was out for between six to eight weeks toward the end of last season."

Moimoi missed the Eels' finals last year after being suspended for nine weeks due to a high tackle.

It was his second suspension in his debut year at Parramatta after also missing five games for a previous high tackle.

New Zealand Warriors prop Ruben Wiki and Sydney Roosters back Amos Roberts were also charged by the match review committee yesterday.

Wiki will miss one match with an early guilty plea to his grade three careless high tackle while Roberts is facing a two-match ban regardless of whether he pleads guilty or contests a grade one dangerous throw charge.

The Daily Telegraph

Are Manly playing games so that Moi Moi can't even think about contesting the "severity" of the charge? There is no love lost between the two clubs. I expect to see Kite playing the Knights. :pray:

It is interesting that the Moi Moi hit on Kite seems far more destructive and dangerous than the one Hoppa put on Galloway last year - 18 weeks.........

Makes you think back to 96 when Ridgy was knocked cold in the semi and then played the next week.

At least the NRL appears to be taking care of players – however where is the consistency? Will every players coming back from a concussion be required to submit a medical report? If so who will do the report?

The Manly Daily reports the same thing with Kitey being sidelined for up to 6 weeks. It does say that it is possible he could be back in 1 to 2 weeks, but it is terrible news all the same. He is the best starting prop we have by a long way, with George being the next best choice (but fitness levels has seen him as a bench player). Looks grim if he is out for an extended period.

I don't know what you are all worried about.

With Kite out King will now step up and make 180+ metres every game for the rest of the year. Kites spot will be easily filled by the likes of Deadwood and Curtis.

So much so that he will probaby need to come back via premier league until he can push out deadwood and curtis from his spot. We are lucky that we have so much depth in the prop and full back postions.

Yeah, Kite has been preventing King from realising his potential.

With Kite out King will now step up and make 180+ metres every game for the rest of the year. Kites spot will be easily filled by the likes of Deadwood and Curtis.

So much so that he will probaby need to come back via premier league until he can push out deadwood and curtis from his spot. We are lucky that we have so much depth in the prop and full back postions.

Should there be a sarcasim icon after that post or are you for real? :roll:

It is interesting that the Moi Moi hit on Kite seems far more destructive and dangerous than the one Hoppa put on Galloway last year - 18 weeks.........

I hope you are kidding or stirring Matas, Hoppa jumped and elbowed Galloway in the head. may not have deserved 18 weeks, just as Moi Moi deserves more than 7, but out of the 2 Hoppas was far worse

Irellevant Mata.

you and I could get hit by the same thing at the same force in the head and it would affect us both differently.

[quote author=tookey]

Should there be a sarcasim icon after that post or are you for real? :roll:

[/quote]

The sarcasim icon must have fallen off. lol

In Rugby a concussion is a mandatory two week break and in the case of loss of conciousness it is two weeks off training and a week before one can play. (at all levels from kids to Internationals.)

Trauma to the head can have long term effects that reach far beyond footy. Look at Elton Flatley who retired due to warnings re repeated head injuries. Kite may well recover quickly but the trauma to the brain with resultant sweling takes a long time to settle.

Most boxers are perfect examples of why care should be taken.

Who was knocked out for longer Fro?

I can't give you the minutes/seconds that Galloway lay on the Brookie turf, but he wasn't considered to play again for the Sharks for at least six weeks after the hit.

The tele etc ran a few stories months after the hit with quotes from his dad about how even a month after being smashed, he still felt the effects and couldn't train properly, it'd rocked his confidence etc.

I understand that one of our members happens to have the mobile of Moi Moi.

What fun and revenge we could have with that if he'd just do the right thing and let us know what it is!!!!

That wouldn;t be any good because I don't think Fui can read or write.

Wasn't it his manager who had to forge his signature on a contact with Melbourne last year?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4