• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

toovs

Reserve Grader
pulled out of the pm side because of family reasons hope it does not hurt he chances of being in tri nations would like to see him there

He drives such a small car for a man his size!!!

He has had a kid in hospital in intensive care for the latter part of the season. Was not sighted at the after game functions in the last few rounds. With footy finished he must need to catch up on time with missus and kid.

Shows he has priorities in life right.

He has had a kid in hospital in intensive care for the latter part of the season. Was not sighted at the after game functions in the last few rounds. With footy finished he must need to catch up on time with missus and kid.

This makes his end of season form even more impressive to play as he played in the last few games with a sick kid in the back of his mind is a testement to the man

We could do a lot worse then have him as captain next year.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

This makes his end of season form even more impressive to play as he played in the last few games with a sick kid in the back of his mind is a testement to the man

[/quote]

Totally agree. Is exactly the sort of bloke who can lead a team by example.

The team comes before some kids. That's the problem, some team members put other considerations before the footie effort, like legal studies, post footie employment, good looks, women, booze etc. Get your priorities right boys.

I confirm what CW is saying.

Personally it might be good if he doesn't do the Tri Nations thing. If we have no players invoolved we can have an uninterupted pre-season and get over niggling injuries.

[/quote]

But he stands for everything you malign! ;)

The problem as I see it is the marriage thing. When a footballer gets married, the thing then is to arrive home in a car not an ambulance, hense the do or die stuff becomes the 'I do' (for the partner), not die (for the team). Then when kids appear it's more stress on the player to role model the semblance of sporting behaviour not the 'mongrel on the field' stuff that wins games, and to arrive home with both ears attached. I'm not against kids per se. Just our current footballers having them. (But it is lovely to see them carried around the grounds by their dads on their last match).

[quote author=clontaago]

[/quote]

But he stands for everything you malign! ;)

[/quote]

Didnt say I wanted him as a mentor off the field.
:naughty:

The problem as I see it is the marriage thing. When a footballer gets married, the thing then is to arrive home in a car not an ambulance, hense the do or die stuff becomes the 'I do' (for the partner), not die (for the team). Then when kids appear it's more stress on the player to role model the semblance of sporting behaviour not the 'mongrel on the field' stuff that wins games, and to arrive home with both ears attached. I'm not against kids per se. Just our current footballers having them. (But it is lovely to see them carried around the grounds by their dads on their last match).

Yeah, BK has been a pussycat since fatherhood struck him down.

Are you a father? My experience was the opposite to what you're suggesting.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4