Kite v Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Kite was by far our best forward last year. A Churchill medal winner to boot, Gould was right to highlight last night that he got a raw deal getting dropped from SOO. Looks like he has worked very hard in the off-season. Physically, he looks better than ever. I think he has a point to prove this year. Predict that he will have a great year and will be recognised as a leading player in his position this year (disclaimer - fingers crossed that he doesn't suffer injuries).

I am hoping that Buhrer steps up this year. Have to say that I am a little disappointed with what I saw last night. I think he wasted the off-season by not bulking up. He lacks size and strength, so I hope he makes up for it with his speed and ability to hit a hole. Having said that, I just can't see him, this year, breaking through tackles or putting on a good shot when defending. Some would say that Menzies was not a brute of a player either, but he was brilliant at taking care of any player, one-on-one.

Matabele said:
I always remembered David Gower with far better reflexes than what he showed last night.

he would probably be more imposing with a nice piece of willow in his hand as well

Masked Eagle said:
Kites a big boy but Jamie has a black belt and I think would win.

my money would be on kitey if he fired up, anyone who knew the 'old kitey' - before he gave up the piss and devoted himself to god will tell you he can throw them!

Fluffy said:
Matabele said:
I always remembered David Gower with far better reflexes than what he showed last night.

he would probably be more imposing with a nice piece of willow in his hand as well

If he keeps dropping the ball he'll need a nice piece of (luke) willow in his hand to stay in reggies.

Bradza said:
Fluffy said:
Matabele said:

If he keeps dropping the ball he'll need a nice piece of (luke) willow in his hand to stay in reggies.

I see what you did there. Clever.

Buhrer is a bit of a worry

Not sure how true it is but apparently over the summer we were shopping him round but had no luck with any takers

I think bruher is very capable of playing for gift at the moment. He is more of a ball playing second rower.

I know we said he needs to bulk up a bit more, but when gifts back, will they go back to rotating him with ballin again.

Bhurer the whipping boy solid game but nother outstanding but the kid is a gun. Our team looks very balanced at the moment

I like burer, versatile and did not do anything wrong last night. I was at the game last night and he shower good energy and solid defense. People underestimate a good defense all the time. He is capable of playing almost any position in the event of any injury which I believe is crucial to our success.

With regards to kite I actually think he has had a quiet few years but would not be surprised if he has a blinder this year as he may be playing for hes final contract.

Personally I would keep the youth if I had a choice, but kite is a good contributer to our leadership team.

Buhrer did the job the other night. Nothing flash and tackled well. He will be a great interchange player when forwards get tired and he can find gaps. Problem is Lawton may push for that 1 spot as well!

Good problems to have. We have a lot of depth. To think we hardly even mention George anymore.

Buhrer played 80 mins, 133 metres gained, 28 tackles, 1 miss. Hard to criticise those stats - I thought he worked hard and well all night.

Surely people aren't criticising Buhrer after that effort? I thought he was outstanding. Tough crowd.

Probably one of the few times he's actually played the full 80 minutes. Also had an interrupted off season due to injury, I thought he was outstanding. His workrate was first class and if he keeps getting big minutes hel show how good he is. He's a gun.

Shoe1 said:
Buhrer played 80 mins, 133 metres gained, 28 tackles, 1 miss. Hard to criticise those stats - I thought he worked hard and well all night.

He's a quiet achiever.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6