Kite confident Eagles can fly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

MANLY Sea Eagles is keen to begin talks with Brent Kite as soon as possible to extend his future at the club beyond next year.

Kite came out of the representative wilderness last year after a two-year hiatus, and regained his Country and NSW Origin jerseys and then made his Kangaroos debut in the Tri-Nations Series.

The present deal has Kite off-contract at the end of 2007 with an option for 2008.

The 25-year-old gentle giant is composed about his playing future and quietly confident.

"I haven't thought too much about it because I've always had it in the back of my mind that I'm here for next year anyway," Kite said.

"I haven't talked to anyone yet but I'm pretty happy here so hopefully negotiations get under way sooner rather than later.

"But we'll see what offers come up ... or don't come up."

In the short-term Kite must rally the troops, particularly the forwards, with no Ben Kennedy as skipper barking orders any more.

Kite is convinced he will have Kennedy's voice in his head throughout the 2007 season.

"Definitely ... especially in close situations where he had the mentality of leading by example in just tucking the ball under the wing and going," he said.

"I'll be remembering that and how he consolidated us after a try of, if we'd made a few blues, just how he managed to steady the ship and get us going forward.

"For me, personally, I'm not feeling any added pressure but I know people will look to me as I'm in the front row and I'm ready for that."

He is also quite content Matt Orford has been named captain.

"Ox (Orford) expects high standards of himself and the guys around him and that's a good thing," Kite said.

"He'll do well. I think he's in for a big year."

Guys - honest question. Who would you prefer - O'Meley or Lite if the option was either of these two?

I know it's saying a lot, but I'd actually go for Kite.

get both and we will win the comp!

Would be great but fitting:-

Kite
O'Meley
O'Donnell
Orford
Lyon
Bell
Matai

etc etc into one salary cap may be a little tough.... ;)

Guys - honest question. Who would you prefer - O'Meley or Lite if the option was either of these two?

I know it's saying a lot, but I'd actually go for Kite.

I'd choose Kite. He's fixed up his dodgy hands problem that he had when he joined us. He's got excellent speed. Reliable defender (even if he is unlikely to knock someone out with a big hit). And he's got an excellent workrate/good fitness level.

I was turned off O'Meley last year. He was shocking, especially during Origin - no ball security, was monstered by blokes like Myles and Thaiday, just looked out of his depth. But he is a true hardarse and if he partnered Kite in the front-row it'd be better than any starting frontrow in the comp.

But I'd rather have Kite and O'Donnell than O'Meley and O'Donnell.

Id take O'Meley over Lite. Lite hasnt even played 1 first grade game yet.

That said im hopeful Kite will stay and either O'Meley or Lite will be a bonus

[quote author=Jungle King]

Kite
O'Meley
O'Donnell
Orford
Lyon
Bell
Matai

[/quote]

Easy soltuition - King. Monnas, Willo, Robertson and Dunners go to make way for O'Donnell and O'Melely.

[quote author=Ryan]

Kite
O'Meley
O'Donnell
Orford
Lyon
Bell
Matai

[/quote]

Easy soltuition - King. Monnas, Willo, Robertson and Dunners go to make way for O'Donnell and O'Melely.
[/quote]

That was my take on this issue aswell. Except i didnt have Robbo on the deadwood list. Im thinking King Monas Willo & Dunley would be enough monetary offset to secure both Shrek & LOD.

[quote author=Ryan]

Kite
O'Meley
O'Donnell
Orford
Lyon
Bell
Matai

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not easy.

Who will pay Monas $240k?

I would say no one, if thats the case he wont be leaving next season. Not many would give up a $240k salary and take up a $120k salary unless they had no choice.

[quote author=tookey]
[quote author=Ryan]

Kite
O'Meley
O'Donnell
Orford
Lyon
Bell
Matai

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not easy.

Who will pay Monas $240k?

I would say no one, if thats the case he wont be leaving next season. Not many would give up a $240k salary and take up a $120k salary unless they had no choice.

[/quote]

We were ready to pay Creagh, Simpson etc $400k per season after we had Lyon. Surely monnas could get an additional $240k out of that now that we didn't get anyone. Imagine how much that would help us going forward !!

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Mark O'Meley
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Travis Burns
15. George Rose
16. Mark Bryant
17. Glenn Stewart

PREMIER LEAGUE:-

01. Sean Meaney
02. Michael Bani
03. Shane Neumann
04. Todd Barrow
05. Junior Ahio
06. Clint Halden
07. Aaron Groom
08. Glenn Hall
09. Jeff Robson
10. Chris Trembath
11. Adam Cuthbertson
12. Jason Wells
13. Jack Afamasanga

14. Sean Rath
15. Phil Moorwood
16. Sione Fenefekai
17. Mark Offerdahl

Both sides sorted...let's get on with season ! :dance:

Arn't Hicks and Robbo off contract this year???

if so i believe one of them has to go.......most probably Robbo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4