King - VNRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I reckon it would take a brave person to select King in VNRL given that a forward can concede 4 points if they play for more 50 minutes in a game and have 18 or fewer involvements (and I don't think that includes tackles).

I can't remember too many games where King managed 18 hitups!

involvements would have to include tackles surely

hardly any forwards manage 18 hitups regularly, even BK would have fallen short

i would have taken him given that i cant guarentee enough props that will even take the park in any given week

Before bidding ended you could select a players name and it would give you the stats for 2006. Things like MIA (Missing In Action) Penalty, try's ect ect.

It would have been good to see how many MIA's king had last season.

Oops... i assumed that it was like sportal and only points scored mattered... oh well.

I didn't select any Manly players :eek:

I figured that being a manly forum that the players would be hot property hahaha so i steered clear... i would have taken Brett Stewart though and somehow fluffy ended up with him!! Fluff, i'll buy him off you for 900k? :lol:

i got him far cheaper too, thing is i could have bought him for 3 times what i did and still had change

i had a look through all plaayers left - there are 5 over 100K, all are kickers.

Do you want to form a joint venture fluff???

I still don't understand how you got Brett Stewart?? There was alot of people bidding on him.... did you come in at the end and bid over the top of them??

I'm of the understanding you only got to pick up what was left and i find it hard to believe that Brett Stewart was left in the pile

He got him from me.

I had 800 000 on him for 2 days. Then when all my players were being taken I dropped him to 600 000 to free up some cash. Fluffy pounced and I had to drop him to keep all my other players.

Just looking over the VNRL teams... I am happy with who i have... but i think Toovs (the units) has down the best in terms of recruiting.

I was happy with my theory of spending nothing up front so i could have good outside backs... but since learning that it's not just about scoring points i might be in for a longer season than expected. In saying that i do have 2 front rowers that should play every week so we'll see.. but if i had of known it was in my best interest to get some hard working forwards i would gone for better ones... i just went for a cheap front row and then a back row that can get over the tryline. Hopefully it works out

Yeah i went a didn't track, i figure a good forward can get you a forward try every week, whilst good halves should ensure playmaker and involvement tries.

Backs are a bit hit a miss for mine

MIA - Maximum of 18 tackles, hit-ups, 1-on-1 tackles, line-breaks, line-break assists, kicks, kick returns, offloads, bombs caught, try assists, tackle breaks or charge downs AND a minimum of 50 minutes played.

Darren Lockyer is a handy buy (obviously) but more so because last season he was brisbane's top try scorer.. not bad for a 5/8... i was bidding on him early but gave him up and got Benji a sight cheaper and he can score alot of tries too

nutz i made bids for 5 or 6 players, i only managed to log on with 10 minutes to go.

Brett stewart was the only decent bid i made

i was hoping there would be more leftovers i guess, only carney was decent, got gaz at a good price for later on if he makes it back at all.

you can still get stats from last year - in stats then player lists, click on the player

King had 2 forward tries and 1 forward try conceeded - 4 points

Kite had 9 forward tries, 5 involvement tries and 3 tries - 64 points

Bryant - 1 forward try, 1 forward conceeded, 1 involvement try, 1 try - 8 points

Rose - 1 try, 4 points

I didn't get a chance at all on sunday i had a mate who knew nothing about it looking after it hahaha.. i just told him to keep, king, tahu, webster and falou but he farked it up and falou escaped at the last minute which sucks cause i stil have 1.2mill i would have been willing to throw at him :lol:

manly players stats form last year

Orford 99 + 78 as kicker
Stewy 84
Watmough 80
Kite 68
Bell 52
Menzies 48
Stewy2 40 (good value there)
willo 40
burns 36 + 22 as kicker
hicks 32
Monas 29
matai 28
Robbo 8 6 MIA
Dunley 8
Bryant 8
King 4
Rose 4
moorwood, cuthbo, hall all 0

I got Glen Stewart. Might have to stick him in the starting line up if he gets picked this weekend.

if he is picked you would have to play him, had he played a full season he would have been around watmough

im hoping halfa sanga makes it and gets some of those types of stats

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4