Killer to replace Snoz as Manly's Centre in Team of The Century

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Killer03 said:
Snoz was an absolute legend for Manly (and for Rugby League), but Jamie Lyon has just brought so much in his time to Manly that I personally (and yes from my name I'm highly highly biased) believe he has to be included.

Killer has been the difference between us being competitive around the Top4 or 5 to winning premierships. And his captaincy and coolness has only enhanced his status.

Good onya Killer.

I think Snake and Choc are certainly pushing for spots.
agree 100% Killer03

Chip and Chase said:
Rambo1987 said:
The Team of the Century is based from 1900 to 2000 - so we cant change anyone. Lyon will probably be captain of the next team from 2000 to 2100.

If that's the case how did BK get a jersey ??

It's not a "team of the century", it was a 60 year anniversary team (1947-2006).

Your right - I think I got all wrapped up the 1908 - 2008....

The Prince of Brookvale said:
Lyon for Snoz, Snake for Eadie and Choc for Hasler :)

As much as I love Snake no one will ever unseat Wombat Eadie. He is a legend that will never fade in this club.

Tough to be booting O'Conner out. I got to not like him pretty quick when he was part of the superleague mob, lost his integrity I feel.

I'd put Fulton at 5/8, (Can I?) and leave O'Conner and bring in Lyon.

I've said it before that it doesn't sit right BK being in the team, despite what he did in bringing manly out of the ****! In a different way, i thought Ian Roberts was as much, if not more impact at Manly. He was phenomenal.

Fatty can stay for now, but Hasler could find himself on the way out when Daley two-dads and Foran finish their careers.

We did have a discussion about this earlier in the year.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-67th-Year-Manly-All-Time-Best?highlight=branighan

Have to agree with Zorba. I'd pull out the liquid paper in a flash.
Snoz out, Killer in.

I'd omit BK before Fatty. I know BK was important in setting up our current run, but he still played less than 50 games and didn't win a final. And who is to say his influence was any greater than other players in different era's? We aren't teams like the Eels, Titans etc, where they don't play in big games or hardly win premierships so you can pick players in teams of the century who just played well for a few years for those clubs, but not for a club which has a history like ours. IMHO of course!

Brett Stewart is one of the best players I've ever seen, but until he dominates in a grand final victory, or a Test or Origin, I couldn't put him ahead of Wombat. He would be there somewhere though, maybe wing or bench.

I love Snake but Wombat has always been special to me. I'm not so sure that people remember how good he was.

Agree about Fatty though. Gift or Choc could easily fill his spot.

Snake for mine.

Defensively the best fullback in the NRL.....by a country mile. Reads the game like a half, passes like a half.

2 years of injuries & disruptions cost him 40 tries.

For mine he has played well in Grand Finals & in SOO.

I have only seen a few highlights of what Eadie has played but I doubt he had more than Snake. I'm maybe a little bias :)

Frank said:
I love Snake but Wombat has always been special to me. I'm not so sure that people remember how good he was.

I feel Gift still has a couple of years effort to earn a spot ahead of Vautin. Choc has paid his dues though, and would be a shoo-in for a future line-up at Fatty's expense.

Hamster Huey said:
Frank said:

I feel Gift still has a couple of years effort to earn a spot ahead of Vautin. Choc has paid his dues though, and would be a shoo-in for a future line-up at Fatty's expense.

Yeh must agree Choc is closing in on 300 games, has won premierships, been Dally M second rower of the year, been MoM in SOO, played Tests.

And I don't recall too many lengthy injuries?? (if at all). I can only recall him being out for a game here or a game there, and considering the workload he gets through that's pretty solid.

Another name that wouldn't be out of place, but probably just a tad off considering the greats we've had, is Brent Kite. He's played over 200 games for us, and I've always believed that when he has a good year (08/11) we win premierships. Very underrated.

Did anyone see Wally O'Connell play?
He must have been one hell of a player for 34 games to keep Cliffy out (309 games).

Clint said:
Did anyone see Wally O'Connell play?
He must have been one hell of a player for 34 games to keep Cliffy out (309 games).

Same with BK keeping people off the bench. Longevity/time served must be a consideration for teams like this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6