Kids Who Contemplate A Career in Union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
To All Kids Who Contemplate A Career in Rugby Union:

If young kiddies aspires a career in Rugby Union or to play Union Test matches for your country, let's face the facts.

1. You will be overlooked for a spot in place of Rugby League players.

2. Rugby League players will usually be paid more to play Union than established Union players.

3. Rugby League players will be promoted as the face of Union (thus enhancing the players' ability to earn more sponsorship dollars). You only have to watch the sports news and read the newspapers - always littered with ex League players prancing around in their new code.

* Just a few past and present examples: - Mat Rogers, Lote Tuqiri, Wendell Sailor, I Folau, Berrick Barnes, Karmichael Hunt, Jason Robinson, Sam Burgess, Timana Tahu, SBW, Brad Thorn, Andrew Walker, Brian Carney, Ryan Cross, Benji Marshall, etc.

So, my advice is simple:

1. Play Rugby League first.

2. League will teach you how to defend and attack. It will enhance your skills to play Union later.

3. Crossing codes later will give you more chances of getting you more dollars than a junior Union player would by working his way up the ranks.

4. There's no need to learn Union rules as most Union players still don't know the rules, nor do the first time code hoppers.

5. At the end of the day, even if you're a flop in Union, you'd still cash in more than most of those Union juniors who worked their way up the ranks. It's a no brainer.

6. I've played both codes. I can't stand watching a game of Union. It's a total bore and that's the truth.

---

Given the ARU is about to go broke there won't be any Union below Super Rugby. They will all have to play league up to 17 years of age.

Union played well (like most sports) is quite enjoyable....however that day is few and far between. You just don't get matches that rival good quality rugby league matches. Can you imagine comparing say that game in Week 1 of the final when we played the Roosters?

The big joke with union is how it's always called the Running Game and rubbish like that. It has just become a kicking game. And when you regularly get commentators like Phil Kearns who cannot understand what technicality they have given a penalty for in the scrum or ruck.....then you are in trouble.

A lot of people complain about the lack of a contest in scrums in league. Give me what we have over the 5 mins rubbish you get in union any day of the week.

Union is only appropriate for backs who can't go 60 mins (let alone 80), and fat short slow forwards who are good wrestlers. If you are better than that play league.

Also play union if you are very tall. Extreme height doesn't help a league player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4