keys to beating the storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Biscuits

Reserve Grader
i havent had the chance to watch Melbourne at full strength for a while, but after watching them tonight there are only a few key points to rolling them. This may be over simplified, but its a simple game really;
complete sets, getting every possible metre per set. If not in a position for an attacking kick put it over the sideline as often as possible. Slater is too good returning the ball with space.
Make them start their sets from as deep as possible. If we can keep them kicking from ouside our 40 the wont be able to bomb for folau.
Inglis plays on the left and has a right hand fend that is deadly. With our slide it allows him to use that fend on our defender sliding left to right. As soon as he tucks the ball under his left arm our outside defenders have to stop their slide and jam in so that we arent taking him one on one on his strong side. This gives us the insde man sliding and the outside man jamming in on the ball. However the ball must be wrapped up because we leave ourselves a man short ouside him. The inside man on most occasions will be g stewart and the outside man Lyon, both strong defenders and capable of getting the job done.
The only way i see them damaging us is with slaters returns, Folaus leaps and Inglis strength up top. Work hard to nullify these parts of their game and get an even share of the ball and we can get them in any game.

Might be worth bombing the hell out of Slater when we're about 30-40 metres out and have Beaver, the Stewarts, Watmough etc. rush down to smash the **** out of him as soon as he catches it. He won't have room to run if they get there on time and he can go a bit quiet in attack if he gets unsettled. Plus, we could get lucky and knock him out.

Or maybe that's just cos I hate Slater  :p

Pretty sound analysis, although don't underestimate the effectiveness of Folau's running game. He's not just a jumping machine, he's also a massive bloke who is very hard to bring down...

In short Biscuits if our forwards dominate we can put your action plan into place.  It is a simple game basically it will come down to King,Perry, Kite & Choc to get the hard yards

The problem with kicking high to Slater is that if your chasers dont get there in time he has a nasty habit of taking off and breaking the defensive line. I would much rather deep kicks, even if they go dead, taking him out of the play completely.

It will be their backs who destroy us, take them out of the game with effective kicks and we go along way to winning.

Play the game down Turner's wing because everyone knows he is ****.

I keep thinking about how the Roosters rolled them towards the end of last season by simply playing a high intensity game. They just got off their line quick and put defensive pressure on in spades. Quick play the balls and go hard up the middle. Up tempo and play them at their own game, high %age completions and good kick chase on Slater. Of course this all depends on the refs interpretation of the ruck. Currently I'm rather bouyant about our chances against the Storm, of course that could all change on the back of one horrible headless chook performnace. 

The wheel is spot on.
the backs will kill you if the forwards are dominating. when u play the storm u should be allowed the same 'holding down the tackled player time' as they get. if manly can do that and go forward up the middle they can win.

Yep, it's all about the forwards. We got smashed by them in the GF because their forwards were all over us, therefor we could never get in good field position.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6