Kevin mus****

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tractorboy

Reserve Grader
There are many things to say about this wanker. Hope after last night he is banned from the game. That was sick. One of the worse tackles I've even seen and the worsed in the a-league by some way. Get rid of him before he kills somebody

Re: Kevin musc$%*

Worst tackle i have seen in a long time - disgrace

The a-league will have to very careful what they give him. Anything other then a very long long long ban sets a terrible example. I like Mark Bosnich's idea. Ban him for the time that the poor heart kids out for.

tractorboy link said:
The a-league will have to very careful what they give him. Anything other then a very long long long ban sets a terrible example. I like Mark Bosnich's idea. Ban him for the time that the poor heart kids out for.

I personally think that all players that are involved in a malice tackle like that in any code should cop a suspension and serve it after the player is back on the park aswell. I hate him more then anyone in the nrl! He certainly fits in well down in scumsville! Another Melbourne team with a dog for a leader.

We've been saying this for years, put the f***ing dog down. He's got no place in the league or in football in general. It really is fitting that he is the captain of the dodgiest team in Australian football. The best thing he's ever done was missing his kick in the grand final last year.

Couldn't believe Robbie Slater pulling the old "Oh thats just Musky" line on the post-game show. He really needs to just stop making any comments at all regarding football.

It'd be nice to see Zahra get some sort of recompensation as well seeing as he's already been rulled out for 6-7 months & may never be the same again.

Not sure you can ban a player for how long the injury takes etc

Otherwise, if the player is not injured, then players can get off relatively scott free

I recall reading something about the Match Review Panel being able to suspend him for up to two years given the severity of the tackle. Vukovich got a one year suspension two years ago for hitting a ref so it's not entirely out of the question.

Doubtfull that he actually cops any significant suspension though, the power of the old boys club runs deep in Australian football.

Hopefully he does anyone a favor and retires. But only after being given a long ban. We find out Thursday I guess

I've got the feeling he'll walk straight into a cushy job at fox sports or into a coaching role at the tards thanks to
the aforementioned old boys club.

Feeling quite happy that he wasn't playing against us the week prior though, would've been nasty scenes at the SFS.

I read today that the rule was that the match review panel were only able to review incidents that were considered more serious then the maximum penalty that could be handed down by the first panel. Which is apparently 5 weeks. So my guess would be based on that he is going to get 6 or more weeks.

Still, even if he is ruled out for the rest of the year he can play in the ACL right?

Feeling quite happy that he wasn't playing against us the week prior though, would've been nasty scenes at the SFS.
[/quote]

I was thinking that same thing. Cam you imagine the scenes. Would have turned into a murder.

Rusty link said:
I read today that the rule was that the match review panel were only able to review incidents that were considered more serious then the maximum penalty that could be handed down by the first panel. Which is apparently 5 weeks. So my guess would be based on that he is going to get 6 or more weeks.

Still, even if he is ruled out for the rest of the year he can play in the ACL right?

Yeah, it looks like they're just going to suspend him for the remainder of the A-league season which isn't all that much of a harsh punishment. If the FFA had any balls they'd pull out something more severe but theres no way they will.

I was thinking that same thing. Cam you imagine the scenes. Would have turned into a murder.

Haha yeah, it was close enough to a riot just on account of Breeze's refereeing. I wonder which tackle would've been worse though, Musc**t's initial tackle or McFlynn's revenge tackle?

The only sad thing about Musc**t retiring is that we wont be able to watch McFlynn break Robbie Kruse's legs in retaliation anymore.

EDIT: Found this article on 442. I guess the FFA (or at least the MRP) have a pair after all.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/194471,long-muscat-ban-on-hold.aspx

KEVIN Muscat is staring down the barrel of the longest ban in A-League history for an outfield player for his gruesome tackle on Adrian Zahra in the Melbourne derby at the weekend.

The match review panel today passed the incident onto the disciplinary committee to deal with as they felt it deserved longer than the maximum five week ban they can impose.

The Melbourne Victory skipper scythed down the young Heart star late in the second half, ending the youngster's season with a serious knee injury.

Muscat was just back from serving a suspension for a red card, and had already been yellow carded in the derby prior to the straight red card offence.

Muscat left the field arguing with the ref about the dismissal, claiming he got the ball, although video replays showed he missed the ball entirely before upending Zahra in the impact.

The tackle has inflamed the football community and led to some calls for a life ban for Muscat, 37.

He has previously had similar incidents with other players such as Craig Bellamy, Matty Holmes and Christophe Dugarry.

He had to pay $600,000 in damages to Holmes in 2004 for ending the player's career in the 1998 incident. At one stage doctors were considering amputating Holmes's leg.

Now the disciplinary committee will meet on Thursday to decide on Muscat's fate for the latest incident.

\"The MRP found that Kevin Muscat had committed an offence, namely Serious Foul Play (eg when challenging for the ball),\" said an FFA statement this evening.

\" The minimum sanction for this offence is one week under the Hyundai A-League Disciplinary Regulations.

\"Clause 9.22 of the FFA Hyundai A-League Disciplinary Regulations states that where the MRP forms the view that an additional sanction of greater than four matches (additional to the mandatory match suspension) is warranted, the MRP must refer the matter to the Disciplinary Committee for hearing solely to determine the question of what additional sanction be imposed in accordance with these regulations (in addition to the mandatory match suspension which must be served).

\"The MRP has referred the matter to the Disciplinary Committee in accordance with clause 9.22. The Disciplinary Committee hearing will take place at 6.00pm, Thursday, 27 January at FFA Offices.\"

The current record suspension in the A-League is goalkeeper Danny Vukovic's six month ban for his clash with referee Mark Shields in the 2007/8 grand final.

* Meanwhile Sydney FC keeper Liam Reddy has been hit with a two match ban for his sneaky punch on Central Coast Mariners Matt Simon in a goalmouth scramble in their weekend clash. Sydney have until tomorrow to appeal.

Copyright © FourFourTwo Australia . All rights reserved.

What muscat did was worse than Dannys little high five. Danny did deserve what he got for hitting a ref but I think this is worse

I still to this day don't know why Danny V got the amount of time he got. He tickled the ref( Who from memory was shield so deserved to be punched harder) Yes you are not suppose to touch a ref but Man utd players have gotten away with that for ever.
As for Mus****. If its anything less then 10 weeks I'll be surprised.
Though whatever he gets i assumme he will retire anyway.
I'd like the punishment to be make him walk though Melbourne in a Heart shirt with cap saying I hate the tards.

Pretty sure it was more of a lesson for the weekend players i.e. do not touch a ref etc

So with it all said & done he only gets 8 weeks, what a joke.

He'll just retire & either go into a coaching job at the tards or work for Fox Sports in some capacity.

Yep 8 weeks is a joke. But really doesn't matter i guess as I'm guess he will retire. I hope he doesn't work for fox sports. If he is going to work on tv go work for sbs where all the other overated players go

I would've liked to see the FFA ban him for a year so he can't play in local competitions or anything like that, but there was small chance of that ever happening.

I'd actually like to see him come back as Victory coach (as has been hinted). Not only would the A-league then be rid of Ernie Merrick & his boring Scottish style of football but the tards would then have a true tard coaching them. Not to mention it means we can keep hating on Muscat.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4