Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It only took one exchange to remind me why I don’t bother with the forum anymore.

I wasn’t referring to his 4 errors in 10 games specifically…nor am I suggesting it’s literally every error that’s in opportune…I thought you’d infer that it’s a general trend across his career thus far…that hardly seems like an hysterical opinion to hold.

What you are though is a childish hypocrite. You give it to Schu and it’s fair game and someone critiques an area of your precious Keppie’s game and you blow a gasket.

Thank you for reminding me why I left…I’ll make sure the door doesn’t hit me on my way out 😂
I was glad to see your back.
Hope those who need to argue ad nausium don't push you away again.

Was he in Bewitched?
E2B2C024-926C-477A-9380-7E174FDA6E4C.jpeg

No, but I can confirm that the Hamilton family had a Labrador called Samantha. Or maybe it was a tabby?

Oh dear lord as you like to say,you are still taking it off on a tangent.
The initial comment was that he had flaws and you then went off on a tangent about his number of errors and penalties.
When it has been repeatedly pointed out what the flaws are that people are talking about such as lazy marker defence and lazy covering from the inside,giving dumb penalties at dumb times which is not a myth as numerous posters have mentioned this( but of course they are all wrong and you are right),not improving over a number of years of playing first grade and being dropped a number of times.
These flaws don't appear on stat sheets but are what any mug can see who watches a player critically and without bias
After all this has been mentioned numerous times you fail to acknowledge this and stick to the mantra of his number of penalties and errors instead of addressing the points raised.
Instead you stick to the line of people having to prove he is giving away too many penalties when that is what no one is saying at all.
It can't be made any clearer and you still refuse to answer the points and stick to he doesn't give too many penalties away.
Been drinking from the cup of Bozo mate?

No ... This will be the third time I have agreed that there are flaws in his game ...as there are in every players game .

and again ... my one focus was addressing the misconception that he gives away too many stupid penalties ..

and again you wish to change the focus without either acknowledging or disagreeing ... simply taking weak shots .. all the while pretending you are somehow wiser and above all that ...

No ... This will be the third time I have agreed that there are flaws in his game ...as there are in every players game .

and again ... my one focus was addressing the misconception that he gives away too many stupid penalties ..

and again you wish to change the focus without either acknowledging or disagreeing ... simply taking weak shots .. all the while pretending you are somehow wiser and above all that ...

R U OK? 😅 asking for a friend 🌚

I'm a big fan of Keppie too, tbh.

And I will happily swap the odd error and the even more rare penalty for the aggression he brings every week.

Every side needs an enforcer up front, and at the moment, and for the foreseeable future, he is ours.
Yeah he can be that enforcer, but just when I think he's having a great game along comes the drop ball or silly penalty. Maybe it's a perception and @Woodsie is right and that it stands out more than other players .

You said he doesn't give away too many penalties,Birdman already put up the stat that showed his lower minutes sort of reflects that he does give away a few more penalties than the rest.
I don't think he gives away too many penalties but look back and most concur he gives away some dumb penalties,if you disagree so be it.
You agree there are flaws in his game,what ones in particular?

You said he doesn't give away too many penalties,Birdman already put up the stat that showed his lower minutes sort of reflects that he does give away a few more penalties than the rest.
I don't think he gives away too many penalties but look back and most concur he gives away some dumb penalties,if you disagree so be it.
You agree there are flaws in his game,what ones in particular?

Errors or Penalties ... by definition are dumb ... but yes ... some of Keppie's are unforced ... and negligent ... and they stand out .... but I suspect that could be said for most.

Birdman pointed out that he has played less minutes than most ... but when you do the numbers it doesn't result in his errors being any more frequent by comparison ...

A Woods 131 mins .. 3 errors 0 Penalties ... 0ne every 34 mins
Bullymore 481 mins .. 1 error 3 penalties ... one every 120 mins
Keppie 383 mins .. 4 errors 2 penalties .. one every 64 mins
J Aloaii 440 mins .. 7 errors 3 penalties .. one every 44 mins
Paseka 551 mins .. 5 errors 4 penalties .. one every 61 mins

Huamole 882 mins .. 5 errors 8 penalties .. one every 67 mins
Tuilagi 574 mins .. 5 errors 4 penalties .. one every 64 mins

With the exceptions of goody 2 shoes Bullymore ... and error prone Woods ... all the others are in the one mistake every 60 mins cluster ... Oh and Aloaiai who is throwing down a serious challenge to Woods for the trophy.

To me his biggest flaw is his seeming inability to slow the opposition play the ball down .... this may well be due to his one on one tackling style .. but unless another player comes in on top to slow down the play ... the benefit of the good hit is wasted ... This is the area I would like to see him improve in .

And, this gets me to Croker's biggest flaw IMO ... it's not service or running ... it's the professional Art of being 3rd man in , last man off ... You watch that pommy Git for Parra ... every tackle he comes in late and slows down the play the ball ...

To me his biggest flaw is his seeming inability to slow the opposition play the ball down .... this may well be due to his one on one tackling style .. but unless another player comes in on top to slow down the play ... the benefit of the good hit is wasted ... This is the area I would like to see him improve in .

And, this gets me to Croker's biggest flaw IMO ... it's not service or running ... it's the professional Art of being 3rd man in , last man off ... You watch that pommy Git for Parra ... every tackle he comes in late and slows down the play the ball ...
Yeah, this seems to be a problem throughout the team: we don't get numbers into the tackle and are therefore unable to slow the ruck to the referees' satisfaction. Time after time, we find ourselves on the back foot and struggling to contain teams who prioritise speed in every play-the-ball. In a way it's admirable, but it ain't a recipe for success in today's NRL.

I'm a big fan of Keppie too, tbh.

And I will happily swap the odd error and the even more rare penalty for the aggression he brings every week.

Every side needs an enforcer up front, and at the moment, and for the foreseeable future, he is ours.
It's fine for a team to have their enforcers...ie Felise Kaufusi, Big Nelson.
Those two guys have a high workrate that goes along with that. Keppe doesn't really have the same workrate to justify being an enforcer. If you're just a guy that wants to just bash people and not put in much work, it doesnt really justify holding down a spot in the team. You're just seen as a guy who gives away a penalty and not do much else, whereby your teammates are paying for your mistakes which might cost them the game. Les Boyd would probably be in that category.
Choc Watmough and Matai were both enforcers and they both had a very high workrate. Keppe needs to up his workrate.

It's fine for a team to have their enforcers...ie Felise Kaufusi, Big Nelson.
Those two guys have a high workrate that goes along with that. Keppe doesn't really have the same workrate to justify being an enforcer. If you're just a guy that wants to just bash people and not put in much work, it doesnt really justify holding down a spot in the team. You're just seen as a guy who gives away a penalty and not do much else, whereby your teammates are paying for your mistakes which might cost them the game. Les Boyd would probably be in that category.
Choc Watmough and Matai were both enforcers and they both had a very high workrate. Keppe needs to up his workrate.

Spot on. The most accurate description of Keppie so far. I like Keppie but he really needs to up his workrate.

He is not Robinson Crusoe in the forwards thou that needs to up their workrate

Tootsie has just thrown the toys out of his cot 😅

Keppe needs to up his workrate.
I agree that this is his area to work on.

Most first grade forwards have a good carry in them, it's just that the good ones have lots of them throughout the course of a game. Keppie has a strong carry and a really brutal tackle in him. However, he'll carry and then go missing for a set or he'll make a big tackle and then be caught walking back on the inside and cause a line break. In saying that, it seems to be the problem with most of our pack - inconsistency. There's a really good player in there and at 25, the only way is up.

I agree that this is his area to work on.

Most first grade forwards have a good carry in them, it's just that the good ones have lots of them throughout the course of a game. Keppie has a strong carry and a really brutal tackle in him. However, he'll carry and then go missing for a set or he'll make a big tackle and then be caught walking back on the inside and cause a line break. In saying that, it seems to be the problem with most of our pack - inconsistency. There's a really good player in there and at 25, the only way is up.
Other forwards get tired from having to do more work and even more tired when he gives away a penalty. It's a given that enforcers will give away penalties but when the team is on the back foot those mistakes can change the momentum in the other teams favor.
Keppe didn't really need to be the enforcer he is now compared to when he first arrived on the scene. He was cutting blokes in half like David Gillespie, which really spoke more volumes than the pushing and shoving he persists with now.

1973 Kangaroo Tour.

Earlier in his career:
View attachment 23889
Mate, I have this same card (and a few others) from this time. I loved how you popped them out and folded back the ends to have them stand up. I spent many a night at my desk in my room with Manly players at one end and the "others" at the other end. Not surprisingly, Manly never lost a game of desk footy. Also not surprisingly, I didn't get much homework done. There was more than one occasion when all the players went flying coz my mum was coming to check in on me. I think my fingers got a few tingles from the teacher as well. Bloody homework!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4