Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good bloke, passionate about the club, not costing the earth, shows signs of what he can offer with his best years ahead, See ya later Sean you aren’t what we are after …

Ordinary bloke let go by club after club, drops his lip and effort when things don’t go his way, and a serious injury that will take away some impact, How long can we sign you for Matthew …

Yeah I’m a bit in two minds re Keppie. He’s a good bloke and clubman and can be a good player. The amount of errors though are just insane. Puts us under so much pressure so many times in games. However he should in theory improve from now on.

Yeah I’m a bit in two minds re Keppie. He’s a good bloke and clubman and can be a good player. The amount of errors though are just insane. Puts us under so much pressure so many times in games. However he should in theory improve from now on.
Souths were desperately light on props as the season wound on, so I can see why they'd be interested in Keppie. But I couldn't agree more with your assessment. I like Keppie, and he does show glimpses, but he always seems to make errors at the worst possible time and hasn't yet found the consistency that a good middle forward needs. A change of scenery might do him good, but I can still see him contributing if he stays.

Good bloke, passionate about the club, not costing the earth, shows signs of what he can offer with his best years ahead, See ya later Sean you aren’t what we are after …

Ordinary bloke let go by club after club, drops his lip and effort when things don’t go his way, and a serious injury that will take away some impact, How long can we sign you for Matthew …
Not apples for apples at all. Lodge had more impact in two matches than Keppie has in two seasons. If Lodge hadn't done his ACL we would have probably made the finals.

Not apples for apples at all. Lodge had more impact in two matches than Keppie has in two seasons. If Lodge hadn't done his ACL we would have probably made the finals.

Debatable, Sipley starting was putting up huge numbers that he may not have with a lesser role had Seibolds pet been in the side. He also would have dropped off as soon as he was comfortable in the environment

Every club he has been at flourishes when he is gone

Yeah, 50 50 about Keppie leaving us. Not sure about the extension we gave Keppie, probably done on a punt that Keppie would be that player we all hoped he would be thereby saving a bit of cap money on his contract.

To win a premiership or at the very least be threatening to do so, we need 3 top level props. Animals. Beasts. Feared enforcers.

Look at Penrith. JFH, Leota and Leniu. They're going to miss Spencer but I'm sure they'll just go to the cupboard and get out the next one. :rolleyes:

Brisbane. Haas (frightening how good this bloke is) and Flegler. They're going to miss Palasia and Flegler. Can Carrigan play prop ?

While Keppie had his moments, he's not at the level we need to get back to challenging the best teams. So while I would have been happy to keep him, I'm not gutted that he's gone. Like I was when AFB went.

If Keppie goes to South's who do we bring in to replace him? We were apparently interested in that swap deal if Twal at the Tigers.

If Keppie goes to South's who do we bring in to replace him? We were apparently interested in that swap deal if Twal at the Tigers.
Twal was told by Tigers he was free to go.
If we want him we now offer him a contract with whatever we were paying Keppie.

Twal was told by Tigers he was free to go.
If we want him we now offer him a contract with whatever we were paying Keppie.
Ok. I'm still need sold on Twal but the Bulldogs were also interested in him. If no swap deal happens then the Bulldogs will be in the box seat for Twal.

Ok. I'm still need sold on Twal but the Bulldogs were also interested in him. If no swap deal happens then the Bulldogs will be in the box seat for Twal.
I don't know that there is/was any box seat.
The tigers said he was free to go,just because the 2 clubs may have been interested in a swap deal means zilch if the players/managers don't agree to it.
I and no one here has a clue as to what we or the Bulldogs would be willing to pay.
English clubs may be prepared to pay more than anyone else.
True that the dogs may have more room under the cap,but it doesn't mean they will offer him more.

Can see the type or composition of a pack that Siebold is trying to form up going forward .
Reasonable mobility and mainly also that better degree of higher intensity but also lower tendency mistake rate .
Not to say that Keppie and Tuilagi are still not capable of playing some decent footy but over time now , and not on a irregular basis , have just shown that unhelpful level of lapses and mistakes , especially at pivotal times that can set some momentum back considerably .
Alioia has some similar issues but going to be a lot harder moving him on with his current contract value . Probably in his case and more so then Keppie and Tuilagi , still has the capacity to offer a bit above average solid play but injuries and fitness issues are problems that just seem to stay with him since being with Manly .
Probably still some opportunity to bring in a suitable type forward to bolster the pack a bit but also probably will involve some deft maneuvering behind the scenes

Can see the type or composition of a pack that Siebold is trying to form up going forward .
Reasonable mobility and mainly also that better degree of higher intensity but also lower tendency mistake rate .
Not to say that Keppie and Tuilagi are still not capable of playing some decent footy but over time now , and not on a irregular basis , have just shown that unhelpful level of lapses and mistakes , especially at pivotal times that can set some momentum back considerably .
Alioia has some similar issues but going to be a lot harder moving him on with his current contract value . Probably in his case and more so then Keppie and Tuilagi , still has the capacity to offer a bit above average solid play but injuries and fitness issues are problems that just seem to stay with him since being with Manly .
Probably still some opportunity to bring in a suitable type forward to bolster the pack a bit but also probably will involve some deft maneuvering behind the scenes
Who are you and what have you done with Al?
The real Al doesn't use paragraphs.
I demand an investigation......

Who are you and what have you done with Al?
The real Al doesn't use paragraphs.
I demand an investigation......
Good one Adz , really got a chuckle out of that one t .
Finally saw the light some time ago with a bit of or a bit more of Global Eagles guidance .
Could always or occasionally revert back to my slightly previous wayward style but would then invite another investigation and sure that Tooves would not be impressed

^^I would not be surprised if 2024 is Aloiai’s last season at Manly.

He would be next on the list. Hopefully he has a bit more of a consistent season next year so he is a little more appealing for other clubs to snap up.
From memory he is on $600k per year.

There is an article today behind the pay wall where the head line suggest there is 3 clubs fighting for Keaon. Anyone know if Man is listed as one of them?

He would be next on the list. Hopefully he has a bit more of a consistent season next year so he is a little more appealing for other clubs to snap up.
From memory he is on $600k per year.
I'm not a fan but I'm willing to give him one more chance after he gets through this shoulder surgery. Hopefully, they'll also do something with that mummy strapping on his knee as well. Then a big pre season fitness regime and then into it.

If he's stop and start again, time to try and off load him somehow.

keppie is a big hitter and in particular a collection of old dinosaurs on ST love that ****. But as an all round prop he has not enough upside.

he has moments of good but is too often in the frame when the attack splits us. Its not always his fault but he is conspicuous by his presence all to often

his errors always come at costly times . I wonder if thats because the team drop there head after another keppie blooper reel moment

really like the bloke, seems a great guy but the squad needs more return and a keppie trade seems a possability to increase that IMO. just not enough forward impetus for a team that regularly plays the first half with a minor share of posession

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8