Kent is the biggest dribbler on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You ruined your impartiality and reputation on here as a thoughtful and considered poster when you jumped in on Paul Kent, something I was personally saddened by, you were someone I always admired on the forum for your ability to see reason and call for cordial and common interest. But you did always get a bit 'holier than thou' about it which I think most of us passed over because we respected what you contributed.

I don't know why you have an issue with Paul Kent? But it's obvious and jarring compared to the way you consciously and patiently represent yourself when it comes to pretty much every other issue arisen this far on this site.

Hubris finds us all Isz if we believe our own hype. So Paul Kent is friends with Ricky Stuart?

Do the media job better or get over it mate.
Keh?

All I am saying is I find what he does as fairly tabloid and lacking in any real insight. Look at his defence of Stuart when he holds others to a higher account for far less.

This is not a comment on his court case etc or even who he may or may not be as a person - it is a comment on what I find is a case of a loud voice delivering a view with assertiveness which I find is often lacking in any real thought or analysis

To be fair 360 isnt an analysis show.

Its a show about Rugby League journos discussing the issues of the day
Would you not think that also requires some analysis or thought rather than click bait comments that then use to push content on all their other platforms?

Keh?

All I am saying is I find what he does as fairly tabloid and lacking in any real insight. Look at his defence of Stuart when he holds others to a higher account for far less.

This is not a comment on his court case etc or even who he may or may not be as a person - it is a comment on what I find is a case of a loud voice delivering a view with assertiveness which I find is often lacking in any real thought or analysis
You've tempered your response to once again come across as the 'all considering Isz' but you haven't actually acknowledged your inability to divorce your dislike of Paul Kent and I'm assuming by connection Ricky Stuart. Go back and have a think about it mate, sorry if my comments have threatened your perceived sense of importance on a fan forum but you're no longer the bastion of common sense you've promoted yourself as for the twelve years I've enjoyed this forum. Deal with it.

Would you not think that also requires some analysis or thought rather than click bait comments that then use to push content on all their other platforms?
That is unfortunately my friend the way of the world and all sports trying to be relevant in 2024.

Since I haven't heard anything from Paul Kent for over a year I think you're reaching. Did you go to school with and lose a girlfriend to the little goblin? I can't understand.

But I do know, as someone who follows more sports than NRL that Kent actually brings up points that many journalists wont for fear of repercussions and a loss of access to the club's they report on. Isz just give up on this mate, moderator or not you spent a long time developing a decent reputation. You'll lose that trying to debate me here, as kindly and as nicely as you will try to do it.

hat is unfortunately my friend the way of the world and all sports trying to be relevant in 2024.
Since I haven't heard anything from Paul Kent for over a year I think you're reaching. Did you go to school with and lose a girlfriend to the little goblin? I can't understand.

But I do know, as someone who follows more sports than NRL that Kent actually brings up points that many journalists wont for fear of repercussions and a loss of access to the club's they report on. Isz just give up on this mate, moderator or not you spent a long time developing a decent reputation. You'll lose that trying to debate me here, as kindly and as nicely as you will try to do it.
I have never seen the show and find no interest in watching journos discussing the game,I tend to gather info about the game from all over.
I don't know why,but watching podcasts and pay tv etc...has never interested me.
I am curious as to what points he brings up that others fear to?
I find the back and forth on here sometimes entertaining though....

You've tempered your response to once again come across as the 'all considering Isz' but you haven't actually acknowledged your inability to divorce your dislike of Paul Kent and I'm assuming by connection Ricky Stuart. Go back and have a think about it mate, sorry if my comments have threatened your perceived sense of importance on a fan forum but you're no longer the bastion of common sense you've promoted yourself as for the twelve years I've enjoyed this forum. Deal with it.
Keh (times 2)
Do we really need to go back to the “weak gutted dog” times to see the connection.
(Re the other stuff all I will say is Keh times 3)

That is unfortunately my friend the way of the world and all sports trying to be relevant in 2024.

Could it be because he was off our screens for a year? Or perhaps I preferred to avoid commenting on a person who was under going a court case?
Perhaps the more relevant question is why you are unable to even stomach the slightest bit of criticism of Kent?

I guess depends your definition of analysis.

I was thinking more your breaking down of plays, the X's and O's type stuff?, which is not their remit

You ruined your impartiality and reputation on here as a thoughtful and considered poster when you jumped in on Paul Kent, something I was personally saddened by, you were someone I always admired on the forum for your ability to see reason and call for cordial and common interest. But you did always get a bit 'holier than thou' about it which I think most of us passed over because we respected what you contributed.

I don't know why you have an issue with Paul Kent? But it's obvious and jarring compared to the way you consciously and patiently represent yourself when it comes to pretty much every other issue arisen this far on this site.

Hubris finds us all Isz if we believe our own hype. So Paul Kent is friends with Ricky Stuart?

Do the media job better or get over it mate.
Paul is that you?

Paul is that you?
No mate just someone who is sick of a certain moderator pretending to be the arbitrator of decency who obviously can't handle the slightest criticism. It's a shame because I always thought that particular person was okay, but they never really get involved in any tumultuous conversations and are always the first to signal their tolerant opinions. Seems they are a Salmon fan.

Could it be because he was off our screens for a year? Or perhaps I preferred to avoid commenting on a person who was under going a court case?
Perhaps the more relevant question is why you are unable to even stomach the slightest bit of criticism of Kent?
I have no idea what 'keh' means. Are you trying to be young and relevant? That train has sailed old man. Just lick your wounds and accept you're not the perfect silvertail's poster you have pretended to be. I mean if your reputation haddnt preceded you I'd not even respond. Get better at this or don't, it doesn't make a lick of difference to me or my life but just know that anyone who had ever copped your holier than thou bollocking now knows how seriously pedantic you are.

Oh and @lsz I have pretty close to total recall, so I know how you went off half cocked about this Paul Kent thing and it concerned me at the time. I haven't the energy to troll back through the posts to highlight your hypocrisy, but I remember it was jarring considering your previous well considered posts regarding almost everything on the site. When it was pointed out you then decided to not delve into the topic.

And that's okay, it was a hot button issue with a controversial television host (doing what he was rightly paid for) being accused of an offence against a woman, something any signaller, you included @lsz would jump at the opportunity to score some cultural capital (karma farming for the younger following along) from with a few quick quips which, my friend, tragically undid any of the stated normal considered responses you used to submit, especially regarding that ex fullback cokehead this place loves so dearly.

I guess depends your definition of analysis.

I was thinking more your breaking down of plays, the X's and O's type stuff?, which is not their remit
At least a bit of it / a view of how the game might be run rather than just the tablod stuff

I have no idea what 'keh' means. Are you trying to be young and relevant? That train has sailed old man. Just lick your wounds and accept you're not the perfect silvertail's poster you have pretended to be. I mean if your reputation haddnt preceded you I'd not even respond. Get better at this or don't, it doesn't make a lick of difference to me or my life but just know that anyone who had ever copped your holier than thou bollocking now knows how seriously pedantic you are.
Fun fact I was referring to Faulty Towers as far as young and relevant as you could be.

Honestly I have no idea why Paul Kent is such a triggering conversation for you. As always I am happy to agree to disagree and are glad that this does not make a difference to you.

Oh and @lsz I have pretty close to total recall, so I know how you went off half cocked about this Paul Kent thing and it concerned me at the time. I haven't the energy to troll back through the posts to highlight your hypocrisy, but I remember it was jarring considering your previous well considered posts regarding almost everything on the site. When it was pointed out you then decided to not delve into the topic.

And that's okay, it was a hot button issue with a controversial television host (doing what he was rightly paid for) being accused of an offence against a woman, something any signaller, you included @lsz would jump at the opportunity to score some cultural capital (karma farming for the younger following along) from with a few quick quips which, my friend, tragically undid any of the stated normal considered responses you used to submit, especially regarding that ex fullback cokehead this place loves so dearly.
Half cocked? Lucky there is a pretty efficient search function

See here

Or here

Where all I said was that I wanted him to be treated in a way that he had not treated players or others.

I am guessing this has gone past amusing for anyone who has read on and we would both be better served just leaving it alone (unless you feel different if so feel free to fire back)

Fun fact I was referring to Faulty Towers as far as young and relevant as you could be.

Honestly I have no idea why Paul Kent is such a triggering conversation for you. As always I am happy to agree to disagree and are glad that this does not make a difference to you.
Just to clear up the confusion - it's a Spanish word spelled Qué and in the context it is being used it would mean "what?"

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
If Fox did not reinstate Kent, they would be liable to a large defamation case and unlawful termination.
Not at all. Ever heard of Antoinette Lattouf? Kent was paid while the trial played out. How long was his contract?

It's a weird thread when ppl get offended you have a different opinion than they do.
I mean, Kent sprays garbage.
If you think he is good, accurate and does a great job, I say fair enough as that's your opinion.
He speaks his own truth, which I wont deny, but its generally his own agenda and stuff I personally disagree with 80% of the time., though can easily convince many watching the show.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8