Kent is the biggest dribbler on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tallis seems like a good inclusion , usually some good perspective . Not a regular watcher especially during longer sunlight times but not displeased that Kent not there for whatever time . Stirrer of the highest order and often for all the wrong reasons .

Totally agree. It was pleasant to watch the show without someone yelling and thinking he knew everything about everything.

As you said, two ex footy players and two journos is a good mix. Tallis can only be temporary as he lives in Qld.
If Wade Graham retires this year, he would be very good as Braith's side kick as he is knowledgeable and balanced.

Anyone but Innis and Cronk who are both FIGJAMS.

Just, please, please don't replace Kent with a female journo that knows nothing about footy.
They might ask Virginia Trioli.
She’ll reply, I thought you’d never ask. 😉😉

IMG_0044.jpeg
IMG_0043.jpeg

Rugby league journalist and host of Fox Sports’ NRL 360 Paul Kent will contest allegations he assaulted his 33-year-old ex-girlfriend and denounced the “rugby league soap opera” as he left a Sydney court.

Kent, 52, faced a barrage of news cameras as he walked into Downing Centre Local Court on Wednesday to answer to one charge of common assault, and one charge of intentionally choke person without consent.

He sat silently in the court as his lawyer indicated Kent pleaded not guilty to the charges.

A police prosecutor told the court Kent was expected to be charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, but it has yet to be formally laid.

The court heard police would call two officers and the 33-year-old woman while Kent’s lawyers would call three witnesses of their own.

Former greats of the game, who have found themselves on the receiving end of Kent’s criticisms, say the columnist should face the same scrutiny the media dishes out to players.

NSW Police on Friday were called to a home in Lilyfield following reports of a dispute, a statement said.

The woman was arrested and taken to Newtown police station before being released without charge.

Kent was charged at Surry Hills station before being released on bail accused of attacking the woman known to him.

Outside court, an emotional Kent told reporters his employers “fully support me” and he does not believe his career is over.

“I’m embarrassed about it, but unfortunately it’s beyond my control, so I’ll just let the court process see it’s way through now,” he said.

Kent has been a vocal critic of players and public figures charged with drunken, disorderly or violent behaviour.

“It’s the rugby league soap opera, it’s the way it rolls. It’s my day to be a storyline right now, that’s fine – people are entitled to their opinions,” he told reporters.

“We will get to the end of it, everything will be OK.”

Kent said he could not talk about the nature of the case, but confirmed he and the woman at the centre of the case broke up just before the incident.

“We actually broke up one day before she came to my house,” he said.

Kent’s charges were addressed in only the briefest terms on NRL 360 when it went to air on Monday.

“Paul Kent is stood down while he deals with personal issues,” co-host Braith Anasta told viewers.

Anasta’s statement was very similar to that released by Kent’s employers, Foxtel and News Corp, which indicated he was also stood down from his weekly column for The Daily Telegraph.

All past episodes of NRL 360 featuring Kent have been removed from streaming service Kayo.

Prominent names in rugby league took to social media as news of the charges broke.

Former Sharks and Raiders player Todd Carney posted an image of a jovial Robert De Niro waving with Kent’s name in capital letters.

Kent had called Carney’s sacking from the Sharks in 2014 “a victory for common sense”.

Others called out the coverage, or lack thereof, by Kent’s employers.

“If that was a player there would be 15 stories with very little facts & cameras at their house,” former Dragons, Eels and Cowboys hooker Cameron King tweeted.

Bulldogs great turned boxer Sonny Bill Williams said Kent “never shone away from pointing the finger” at players and questioned their morals when they made mistakes.

“Someone who has always held the players accountable for their actions off the field needs to be held to account for his also,” Williams tweeted.

Veteran halfback James Maloney said assaulting women was “the lowest of the low”.

“I hope he is treated exactly as a player would be. His job makes him a public figure in the game so there’s no difference,” Maloney tweeted.

Kent will return to court in December for a further hearing.[/URL]

Last edited:

Rugby league journalist and host of Fox Sports’ NRL 360 Paul Kent will contest allegations he assaulted his 33-year-old ex-girlfriend and denounced the “rugby league soap opera” as he left a Sydney court.

(That has to be up there as the largest pot/kettle black example in the history of the universe!)

“It’s the rugby league soap opera, it’s the way it rolls. It’s my day to be a storyline right now, that’s fine – people are entitled to their opinions,” he told reporters.

-yeah yeah...you know, just my turn, nothing to see here, just been charged for dom. violence. It's a totally acceptable response which I never take umbrage with, if a player said the same thing.

Also (as above but worth repeating....)

A police prosecutor told the court Kent was expected to be charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, but it has yet to be formally laid.

Well - he's denounced his employers and everything they stand for (and publish) so they should fire him.

This part seems to be missing from your cut and pasted bit, but it's worth posting:

(That has to be up there as the largest pot/kettle black example in the history of the universe!)

-yeah yeah...you know, just my turn, nothing to see here, just been charged for dom. violence. It's a totally acceptable response which I never take umbrage with, if a player said the same thing.

Also (as above but worth repeating....)

Well - he's denounced his employers and everything they stand for (and publish) so they should fire him.
Just edited my article to reflect the SMH update.

How Kent could even say what he just said astounds me and the height of his double standards is of the highest regard.

He is such a tool and I never want to see him on fox sports again.

assault occasioning actual bodily harm
This charge has a maximum of 7 years in prison.

under the NRL mandatory stand down rules, it doesn’t meet the 11 years.

If he was a footy player, he would be entitled to go back to playing footy while he waits for his day in court.

assault occasioning actual bodily harm
This charge has a maximum of 7 years in prison.

under the NRL mandatory stand down rules, it doesn’t meet the 11 years.

If he was a footy player, he would be entitled to go back to playing footy while he waits for his day in court.

I think the nrl say if it is violence against women (or children) then the nrl has the flexibility to impose a stand down if it doesn't meet the 11 year threshold.

I'm not saying this for a debate on Kent, just lettin' y'all know! woohooo

(I didn't know how to finish that sentence)

I think the nrl say if it is violence against women (or children) then the nrl has the flexibility to impose a stand down if it doesn't meet the 11 year threshold.

I'm not saying this for a debate on Kent, just lettin' y'all know! woohooo

(I didn't know how to finish that sentence)

Yes, it's called the NRL captain's call 😀

Took me longer to find than I thought....

(the rule, perverts..)

If the maximum punishment for the criminal charge falls below the threshold of 11
years, the CEO or COO of the NRL have discretion to impose a stand down condition if
the game has been brought into disrepute.
If the criminal offence involves an allegation that the player has acted violently towards a female or a child, the CEO or COO operate on a presumption that the player should be stood down.

Under this discretionary provision, the player has no right to make submissions or lead
evidence, while the CEO or COO has no obligation to provide a reason for their
decision.
The player does have the right to request for the decision to be reviewed,
unlike those charged with serious criminal offences.

Very sad and disappointing news
Any one that is convicted of doing wrong and represents the game
Not only shames them selves
But also does a great disservice to our great game

He isn't part of the rugby league circus? He appears to be a solo performing clown, employed by that muppet Rupert for Foxtel.

He is suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Including himself is like saying the bloke that paints the lines on the fields or the ladies in the canteen are of public interest to the average footy punter. I think not.

BTW for what it's worth I really like Braith hosting 360, and Gordy is so far so good. Both big surprises, Ikin and Kent were good but have easily been replaced.

As always: May justice be done.

He isn't part of the rugby league circus? He appears to be a solo performing clown, employed by that muppet Rupert for Foxtel.

He is suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Including himself is like saying the bloke that paints the lines on the fields or the ladies in the canteen are of public interest to the average footy punter. I think not.

BTW for what it's worth I really like Braith hosting 360, and Gordy is so far so good. Both big surprises, Ikin and Kent were good but have easily been replaced.

As always: May justice be done.

I paint a mean, if not somewhat crooked, sideline if you're interested!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8