Kelly optimistic with Foran and DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
These 2 come off as 2 of the greediest players I can remember in our history. I've gone from wanting both 2 stay 2 not losing any sleep if both go. I find it funny how other clubs (or other clubs players) seem 2 sign an extension or not but do it reassembly quickly (like the 2 halves this week from souffs) Finally if I hear this do the best for my family crap again I'm going 2 spew.

I agree mavin, **** where is loyalty out the effing window.
If evans gone i will lose my **** considering we lose choc, gifty, kite, king all to accommodate this selfish prick.

These guys have the club at their mercy for now, as you would expect the player managers are going to get as much as they can. These players know the anxiety this is causing and have the power to sort it.

Anyone who thinks that if one or both are leaving and that it wont affect our season is kidding themselves.

I dont blame the players in that this is the system we exist in but for would be members who want to sign up or are thinking of buying replica jersey with either Foz or DCE on that could be majorly disappointed with the an outcome where one of them in fact does leave.

It is evidence to me of the power the players have right now at the club and how so important it is that Joe Kelly and his team get that back for the future of the club.

As a fan and a member all I want to see is commitment one way or another from these players. I know there is a due process but if Souffs can get it done we should be able to as well!

The problem is if this goes further into season, we could come out with nothing.
I have no doubt our plan b if we only get one is the burgess boys. But i would say if we cannot get commitment we are screwed. Contract deadline ...... Anyone?

I dont blame the players

I do. I think they've both started talking publicly to increase doubt from Manly and push their prices up. I, too, wanted them to stay but now I'm really over the whole prima donna deal. :(

I'd like to see a full transcript of that foxsports conversation before I passed judgement. Seems like some choice "Cherry" picking of quotes happening there.

As for Foran, I can still see him going to the Roosters. He can't be dumb enough to go to Parra. Surely...

*remembers how they've handled the negotiations thus far*

Ok all bets are off...

The system stinks, the club is powerless to do anything else than to offer substantial deals to these marquee players. These guys know that there are not many options for the club to replace them right now so that is their strength. What the club has to do is not let this meander on, a process takes time but this must be decided soon. The fans have had enough of the chat, get on with it!

I don't like this line from the article. Does he mean he's not negotiating with Manly, just other clubs?
“By me not renegotiating a deal with Manly, I knew what position I was putting myself into,’’ he said.
Not cool Cherry.

Remember everyone, the player managers are driving 95% of this......the players appoint a manager, and the manager screws the system to get the most commission....oh and don't forget the families, its all for the families!!

Interesting how the word family gets used, the Manly club is a family that has nurtured and developed these players, gone out of their way to give them everything that they have needed. Now I would like to see them repay the "Manly family" with some honestly about what their plans are for 2016 and beyond.

Interesting how the word family gets used, the Manly club is a family that has nurtured and developed these players, gone out of their way to give them everything that they have needed. Now I would like to see them repay the "Manly family" with some honestly about what their plans are for 2016 and beyond.
How honest has the 'Manly family' been with them?
What makes you so sure the Manly family has come out and said, 'this is our offer, take it or leave it'?

Do you seriously think that the club has not made them any offer yet?? Joe Kelly spoke about how he has been engaging with the player managers from Jan 20th on. I would find that amazing if the club has not done that. It is a process but surely this has to be decided soon.

What pisses me off is the idea that we were simply lucky to have Cherry and Foz - two of the best halves in the game - at the same time, and so the club and its supporters should take the attitude of "easy come, easy go".
Bull****. It wasn't luck - both players were developed by Manly, through our junior system, for a long, long time. I want them both to stay, and I don't think that's being unreasonable or greedy. It might not be realistic, but it ain't unreasonable.

I am not saying that, I said that there needs to be a decision soon. Foz stated he wanted it sorted by start of the season, well thats 5 weeks away and I would be astonished if he is not close to a decision. DCE I understand has just started negotiations so time will tell there.

What is the difference between this and Souths in their negotiations with their halves? They got it done and I am sure they had to cope with the same issues and pressures from their respective player managers.

Like most of us this has dragged on and on and it needs to come to their desire to be at the club one way or another.

Saw on 7 News tonight where Massoud presented an interview of DCE saying he has to explore all options! Someone should tell Chezza that if he thinks about going back to QLD, he's looking at the prospect of getting a new Premier that doesn't even know what the GST rate is (which has been around since 2000). I'm sure even the numpties out Parra way knows the answer to this question.

I would expect the club would pay at least 1 million per season each as a minimum. Plus the necessary add ons, that I would hope is the market value for each player.

Look i think from that interview different to that telegraph article....
Dce will be here on, foz yeah don't think so but lets make it quick.
I would like us to have major crack at george burgess.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6