Keep Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Starling is one of those no frills players that every team needs that gets the hard metres and compliments the players with more flair around him, hes getting his match fitness now and he will do well in the last 4 games.

Doubt there are many bigger supporters that me but i cannot fathom getting rid of him play him behind Jake and myles and we are looking sweet

I think we will keep either Starling or Willie ,might come down to the cheapest option.

I reckon we should keep Starling and Matt Ballin. we'll have great depth then. Keep willie too if we can afford it.

Something that has always been overlooked with Starling is his defence.
Very rarely misses a tackle & have noticed again last night........
Every line break he seems to be flashing across in cover defence - rare for a front rower

Every line break he seems to be flashing across in cover defence - rare for a front rower
We'd be crazy to let him go....
Need to keep Willie too - would be awesome off bench

He was terrific again from the bench. If 2V decides to bring in Lawrence we'll have an extremely competitive forward pack.

Starling MUST be there next year. Another great performance on Friday night.

Mid-way through last year he was looking decidedly average, ever since the finals game against the Bulldogs he has been excellent.

If he gets turfed to make way for Lussick I will not be happy.

Last edited:
What I like most about Starling is that his raw strength (like Jake's) tightens the ruck area. If we don't stop the big boppers up the middle, then our wide defence is easily outnumbered, making wingers look like poor defenders.

Big scores were being put on Manly while Starling was out injured. Now he's back, look at the difference in go forward (attack & defence). It's not just him returning from injury, but his return has contributed significantly to the solidity of Manly's defence.

I always get starling and Leary mixed up.
Or I think its teh same player and be like wow his had atleast 30 hit-ups this game

What I like most about Starling is that his raw strength (like Jake's) tightens the ruck area. If we don't stop the big boppers up the middle, then our wide defence is easily outnumbered, making wingers look like poor defenders.

Big scores were being put on Manly while Starling was out injured. Now he's back, look at the difference in go forward (attack & defence). It's not just him returning from injury, but his return has contributed significantly to the solidity of Manly's defence.
Add workaholics like Leary and Balin playing big minutes and that's your engine room. Everything happens from there for the likes of Jake T, Horo and Symonds.

Last year was his first full year in the top grade and he improved a lot as the year went on. Always thought this year he would be good for us,a shame he got injured early but now he is back we look better. Take out your 2 starting front rowers and you struggle simple as that.

Myles and Jake as starters with Starling off the bench next year and the 4th prop doesn't need to be a superstar.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2