keep politics out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Happy days ... here is a popular sport that has a well documented inclusive policy ..

The NRL supports Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) people and are vocal supporters of eliminating discrimination against LGBTI people both on and off the field.

Please download our LGBTI Fact Sheet for further information.

In fact a cursory look at just about all major sports shows that every single one of them has made a stance for inclusivity ...
I am proud to say Our Legendary Maroon and White Jersey has always been Indiscriminative from day one since 1947

The Real Pride Jersey !
The Legendary Indiscriminative Maroon and White Manly Jersey

Manly Sea Eagles Men's Community Jersey 2019

Players are free to promote LGBTIQ communities as much as they like. The question is do we make it compulsory for all players etc to do it. A question that has been well and truly discussed on this site…. Either you are for compulsion or you allow players the space and freedom to express or not express themselves on this. Regardless the game supports it and will rightly stamp out any negative behaviour that does not promote inclusivity.

Last edited:
Players are free to promote LGBTIQ communities as much as they like. The question is do we make it compulsory for all players etc to do it. A question that has been well and truly discussed on this site…. Either you are for compulsion or you allow players the space and freedom to express or not express themselves on this. Regardless the game supports it and will rightly stamp out any negative behaviour that does not promote inclusivity.

Utilising an opt-in/opt-out approach for players that refuse to wear an inclusive jersey design (on religious or cultural grounds) is probably the only way to go forward on this issue in 2023.

Pragmatically, I believe that the NRL needs to provide the flexibility for that situation to occur if they plan to add an "Inclusivity" round in the short term. I also think over time, player resistance will reduce significantly to a point where most players will no longer decide to opt-out.

Last edited:
Utilising an opt-in/opt-out approach for players that refuse to wear an inclusive jersey design (on religious or cultural grounds) is probably the only way to go forward on this issue in 2023.

Pragmatically, I believe that the NRL needs to provide the flexibility for that situation to occur if they plan to add an "Inclusivity" round in the short term. I also think over time, player resistance will reduce significantly to a point where most players will no longer decide to opt-out.
Fair enough mate. :)

@Technical Coach You obviously live in a very bitter and twisted world, mate. Your focus on sexuality and your rather "special" interpretation of behaviours associated with both gender and sexuality borders on the bizarre. Your world is all about simps, pimps and, in your case, probably gimps.

It's clearly a peculiar and definitely disturbing place to focus on, but you do you mate. (I'm guessing you do way too much of that last bit anyway.)

The fact that you cannot recognise these things within yourself says a lot more about you than it does about me. Stay strong to your fantastical delusions, and keep digging that hole.

Clown Idiot GIF by Travis
You are the one constantly here in this thread not me.

You are the only person i have used the term "Simp" with, i felt like i had to dumb myself down and use such "modern" descriptions for added humour and in line with how pathetic this thread is or has become.

My focus here is more about setting the record straight since SER8 and yourself have created their own narrative that is not the facts.

1) I have shown i support female sport
2) I have not made a racist comment
3) I support the rights of workers not being forced into promoting agendas they don't wish to support that has nothing to do with their employment.
4) I have provided a compromise on how to promote "inclusivity" in a view to meet half way somewhat yet the other side of the debate has provided "nothing"----tells you a lot about their kind of "inclusivity" and listening to all.(we hear you but not listening to)

Read up on both sides of the women funding in sport debate beyond limiting yourself to trying to relate to females and their struggles for "simp points".

Women "teams" sports at best for the most part are just loss lead ins investments for the mens game with not much growth potential beyond the first decade, large investments especially in high impact sports like Rugby League is not the smartest allocation of funds.

Womens solo sport is the contrast to the above and worth the investment in.

Womens team sport can only justify investment relative to the general interest, participation rates and attendances it can generate, nothing more or nothing less.

95% of men have zero interest in watching female team sports other than the odd time here and there at lunch time on a lazy Sunday.

Allow the laws to create and foster an inclusive environment where we all get along without the need for individuals to promote belief systems and agendas that may not be in line with their beliefs or religion.

You don't have to promote a lifestyle or in this instance sexuality inclusivity to show respect to another person in day to day living.

In the same way i don't have to support or promote acceptance of promiscuity or drug addicts to people suffering "depression", i accept and respect all types require a form of employment and to be comfortable in the workplace, that is the LAW and showing respect to another human being is not that hard to do.

Just don't tell me or dictate how i should think and what i should openly support.

Allow the laws to create and foster an inclusive environment where we all get along without the need for individuals to promote belief systems and agendas that may not be in line with their beliefs or religion.

You don't have to promote a lifestyle or in this instance sexuality inclusivity to show respect to another person in day to day living.

In the same way i don't have to support or promote acceptance of promiscuity or drug addicts to people suffering "depression", i accept and respect all types require a form of employment and to be comfortable in the workplace, that is the LAW and showing respect to another human being is not that hard to do.

Just don't tell me or dictate how i should think and what i should openly support.
Did you even read the post, or did you just not comprehend it? Either way, it's been fun but I am done with this thread (this section) until the end of season 2023.
Game on in 30 minutes Dolphins v Capras trial match | QRL
Enjoy the seasons @Technical Coach Both NRL & NRLW
Womensrugbyleague Holdenwomenspremiership GIF by NRL

Did you even read the post, or did you just not comprehend it? Either way, it's been fun but I am done with this thread (this section) until the end of season 2023.
Game on in 30 minutes Dolphins v Capras trial match | QRL
Enjoy the seasons @Technical Coach Both NRL & NRLW
Womensrugbyleague Holdenwomenspremiership GIF by NRL
My response was to illustrate that you are over thinking and over complicating what is required.

Society as a whole and the game has been going in a more inclusive direction for decades now via the pressures of the law and the education system at large, the workplace is not required to promote inclusivity, what is required is to treat everyone fairly in line with workplace laws.

Promote the game, promote the brand but don't do it under the guise of inclusivity or trying to make the world a better place because you end up coming across as a preacher, dictator and eventually a hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4