Katich dropped

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I'm interested that the selectors have given Katich the boot. I was sure it would land on Lehman's ample posterior!

Any thoughts?

I am not surprised. Last in first out is usually the policy but Clark is such a precocious talent that he had to be picked. It was either Boof or Katich and the selectors have chosen to be loyal. 50:50 in my view but Katich has time on his side, Boof doesn't.

Fair enough I suppose. It just seems as though Katich has done more than Lehmann in recent times. Especially saving the Test and Series for us in Sydney this January.

Lehmann is Pontings right hand man and this is Cricket Australias version of a golden handshake, Lehmann wont last past next years ashes whereas Katich has 5 years left.

Having said that I reckon its wrong, if his Hammy goes again there will be hell to pay

Byso, Katich was the third top run scorer in the series and saved us when all looked lost in the second test. On form he deserves to be there, though I can understand the reason why he has gone!

My point is obviously they wanted blood outa him. If he was the highest run scorer then he wouldn't have been dropped!

The selectors will not break up this record opening partnership. We would need an exceptional opener to do that and there are none on the horizon. They will not drop Langer for instance and slot in Katich. Not at this stage of their careers anyway. lose the series against the Barons of Boredom(New Zealand ) and it may happen. But this is as likely as John Ribot becoming CEO of Manly.

lehmann has the cricket ability,record and brain to hold his position. other cricketers with half his cricket nouse/ability have held their possie after a short form slump and he waited long enough for his chance so deserves another. katich very unlucky! i still think clarke, good as he is, could still serve a bit more time slogging it out in the sheild comp(i refuse to call it pura cup) for a bit longer. one good series does not make a great test cricketer.

Lehman should of been dropped in my opinion,feel sorry for Katich as there are not many players that wear the baggy blue that miss out on the baggy green.

Anyway,who's going to the test at the Gabba?
Lined up for the breakfast at the club then a day of hot beer and even hotter sun,I'm going to be a little under the weather Friday.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2