Kasiano

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Kasiano has re-signed with the Dogs until the end of 2015.

Would that make throwing squillions at T-Rex more difficult ?

I'm sure he didn't come cheap.

He definitely would have had an upgrade to his contract so I guess so.

But imagine getting the best out of Kasiano, Williams and Pritchard in the same pack.

Pritchard is a myth.

3 or 4 good games a year against low teams usually. Has the potential but each year that passes he become less involved than the previous.

They have so many hit and miss players like Pritchard and Inu now they are goin for Williams. Des said he wanted a challenge, well i think he has got at least 3 every week!!. I would say good luck but i will never wish him any luck.

I'm sure the Dogs have more money to spend under the cap than we do so I doubt they can't afford T-Rex anymore. The benefit they have of being ordinary in recent times is that as a lot of their players aren't wanted by anyone else they can afford to leave them til last which gives them more money to play with in the market place.

I think Kasiano is overated. Pritchard is a gun and was hoping the rumour of him going to Manly a few years ago would be true. Anyone who thinks Pritchard has been average this year watches footy with their eyes closed

Napper said:
I think Kasiano is overated. Pritchard is a gun and was hoping the rumour of him going to Manly a few years ago would be true. Anyone who thinks Pritchard has been average this year watches footy with their eyes closed

Agree with Pritchard but not sure why you would say that about kasiano. He's had a few quieter weeks in the last month but over the first part of this competition I don't think their was a prop playing any better.

Masked Eagle said:
I'm sure the Dogs have more money to spend under the cap than we do so I doubt they can't afford T-Rex anymore. The benefit they have of being ordinary in recent times is that as a lot of their players aren't wanted by anyone else they can afford to leave them til last which gives them more money to play with in the market place.

Bullcrap - it means when new players are brought in, they have to pay overs to attain. Look at their forward pack, and tell me what these players are getting paid:-

08. James Graham (UK International Prop)
09. Michael Ennis (Was the current SOO Hooker)
10. Aiden Tolman (Big potential buy from Melbourne Storm)
11. Greg Eastwood (New Zealand International, back from UK)
12. Tony Williams (Australian International)
13. Frank Pritchard (was on MASSIVE coin at Penrith, Kiwi International)

14. Dene Halatau (New Zealand International)
15. Sam Kasiano (Bulldog product, would get massive upgrade)
16. Corey Payne (Sought after Dragons backrower)
17. David Stagg (Massive buy from Bronco's - highly sought)

That's not even mentioning massive buys like Morris, Hodkinson, Inu (they'd have to take whatever contract he was on in NZ), medium sized contracts in guys like Turner, Keating, Goodwin and Mitch Brown.

Then they would have had to massively upgrade Barba, and Reynolds should become one of the higher paid 5/8's in the game, and heaps of people will be after him.

The Dogs have a record of cheating the cap.

It's teams like Manly where players like to take pay-cuts to remain at.

That's funny. I looked in my copy of big league and Tony Williams is listed as injured for Manly, and not part of the Bulldogs forward pack. Must be a printing error :s

So we hate it when people speculate on our use of the cap but it is fine to speculate on how others do it?

Ryan said:
Masked Eagle said:

Bullcrap - it means when new players are brought in, they have to pay overs to attain. Look at their forward pack, and tell me what these players are getting paid:-

08. James Graham (UK International Prop)
09. Michael Ennis (Was the current SOO Hooker)
10. Aiden Tolman (Big potential buy from Melbourne Storm)
11. Greg Eastwood (New Zealand International, back from UK)
12. Tony Williams (Australian International)
13. Frank Pritchard (was on MASSIVE coin at Penrith, Kiwi International)

14. Dene Halatau (New Zealand International)
15. Sam Kasiano (Bulldog product, would get massive upgrade)
16. Corey Payne (Sought after Dragons backrower)
17. David Stagg (Massive buy from Bronco's - highly sought)

That's not even mentioning massive buys like Morris, Hodkinson, Inu (they'd have to take whatever contract he was on in NZ), medium sized contracts in guys like Turner, Keating, Goodwin and Mitch Brown.

Then they would have had to massively upgrade Barba, and Reynolds should become one of the higher paid 5/8's in the game, and heaps of people will be after him.

The Dogs have a record of cheating the cap.

It's teams like Manly where players like to take pay-cuts to remain at.

You are more than taking some liberties there. Corey Payne was well sort after? Please. And he actually came from the Tigers before he got to the Dogs.

I think you are massively overplaying what those players are ACTUALLY worth on the open market. Stagg left because the Broncos couldn't pay him anything, Pritchard left because he wanted to get away from Penrith, Tolman left because the Storm had to get rid of people. Halatau's career was going nowhere at the Tigers. Hodkinson left for more than we could afford to pay him, but he is not on big money for a no7. He wouldn't be in DCE's ballpark now. Same for Keating.

There is only a limited number of rugby league jobs going around and the suggestion that clubs have to pay "overs" for a every player they sign is really just fan talk. We know the Dogs have a lot of players off contract this year, whether that was by design or good fortune, who knows, but the truth is they haven't committed anywhere near as much in their cap for 2013 and beyond as we have and that allows them to tempt T-Rex with more than we can currently afford.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6