Kasiano cleared to play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
Stevo said:
Daniel said:
Moi moi was knocked out but there was no intent in that tackle you couldn't even call it careless. It was just one of those accidents that happen

Daniel said:
Was his arm just meant to vanish? That's like saying you should be charged if you fall into someone's knee.

Even if there is no intent he still knocked a bloke out in a tackle with contact to the head.

There's no intent to hit a bloke in head with a shoulder charge either but sometimes they creep up there and they've been rubbing players out for that.

Moi Moi's head was at about thigh height when contact was made. a 100+ kg bloke falls hard and fast, and a big bloke cant move his arm that fast.

Saying that he should have been rubbed out because a guy was knocked out is weak. What if he fell into Kasiano's knee, same result, should he be suspended?

Mate if you think a bloke falling into a knee and a bloke falling into a swinging arm are remotely similar you should go for a brain scan.

It wasn't a swinging arm!

His arm was pointing well and truly down towards the ground and he was falling himself from changing direction.

If that were T-Rex or King instead of Kasiano, would you still be holding the same view?

Yes. I think all contact with the head should be banned.

Do you really believe Foi's chin is that soft he can be knocked out with a floating pillow arm?

Stevo said:

Do you really believe Foi's chin is that soft he can be knocked out with a floating pillow arm?

But if that is your viewpoint, then you would have also had Tony Williams being suspended after origin 3 for collecting a falling Cronk in the head.

It is a dangerous angle to take just suspending people simply because somebody gets hurt or injured, everybody is different and their bodies react differently to this sort of contact

I am with Dan 100% on this one, 2 big units at speed, and the target area dropping 2 foot in less than a second, it is near impossible to control

Stevo said:

In that situation I thought a penalty was all that was warranted, it seems the judiciary agrees.
So all contact with the head deserves a week off?

Mate I heard the Kiwi's like netball, sounds more your speed if you believe that, you may want to contact one of them for the season schedule

Haha you would be surprised at the amount of contact in netball these days !! I wouldn't mess with some of them

Moi Moi's getting soft in his old age. Leave Kasiano out there and run our more mobile forwards around him and his big mate. Kasiano is a myth.

Well we'll see if you're both still happy when the next time Matai is suspended for a similar tackle.

I'm with you blokes to a point. I'm happy to call it accidental.

I'm unhappy about the fact that people have been suspended for less and that the precedent has been set and 'i didn't mean to, he was falling' is now a perfectly acceptable defence for a high shot.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-prop-sam-kasiano-handed-grade-two-high-tackle-charge-by-nrl-match-review-committee/story-fnbh0aiw-1226427234375

PS. Take a look at it again and tell me he didn't hang his arm out and whack him, be it accidental or not.

Moi Moi stepped back inside, and Kasiano knew he was going to miss and threw his arm out. It's accidental, but still careless.

The message should be, if you are going to miss, you can't just be lazy and stick your arm out and say afterwards 'i didn't mean it'.

There is falling and then there is almost on the ground like Moi Moi was, some of the high shots where a player was falling were going to go high anyway. This was just a very awkward and accidental thing

Consistency is an issue, but looking at this tackle on its own merits, for me it isn't a suspension and never should be

If Kite missed a Grand Final for a tackle like that I would be filthy

Yeah maybe. Just another one of those grey areas that is full of ****.

The rule should be any contact to the head which results in injury is suspendable. That way there would be no arguement.

I've seen players suspended for accidents before. That being said, I would hate for any player to miss a grand final for a tackle like that.

Look at Kasiano's body angle and footing, there is absolutely no physical way for him to have moved his arm out of the way, especially not in time, had Fui Fui not fallen, there wouldn't have been an issue, they both moved at the same time, and Kasiano had no footing.

I just can't see how he could have done anything else.

The only thing he could have done was decide to let Moi Moi run through a gap.

Daniel said:
Look at Kasiano's body angle and footing, there is absolutely no physical way for him to have moved his arm out of the way, especially not in time, had Fui Fui not fallen, there wouldn't have been an issue, they both moved at the same time, and Kasiano had no footing.

That's the decision that he made mate. And he probably couldn't have done anything once he got into that position. But, he still threw hi arm out and knocked a bloke out. Careless high tackle.

Jatz Crackers said:
Stevo.....how about you & I rock paper scissors for positions of goal shooter and wing attack.

I like the idea of GK. Less running and less pressure.

lol. I'm a fan of the Mystics. They have that big grumpy looking GK and the hot GA i think she is that play in the NZ national team.

Stevo said:
Daniel said:

That's the decision that he made mate. And he probably couldn't have done anything once he got into that position. But, he still threw hi arm out and knocked a bloke out. Careless high tackle.

Jatz Crackers said:
Stevo.....how about you & I rock paper scissors for positions of goal shooter and wing attack.

I like the idea of GK. Less running and less pressure.

I disagree, you put your body at the same angle whilst moving at speed and keep you arm next to your side. I doubt you will have much chance at doing it without falling over

Stevo said:
lol. I'm a fan of the Mystics. They have that big grumpy looking GK and the hot centre i think she is that play in the NZ national team.

Please hand your man card in at the nearest pub

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7