Kangaroo squad announced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Kangaroo squad announced at 10:30

We would have had 4 if Choc and the Stewarts not injured. Lawrence and Jorge a touch unlucky.

2013 Kangaroos WC Squad

Here is the Kangaroos WC team selected today. Only 3 players who played in last nights Grand Final were selected.

Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
Paul Gallen (v/c) (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans)
Darius Boyd (Newcastle Knights)
Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters)
Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)
Andrew Fifita (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)
Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Michael Jennings (Sydney Roosters)
Luke Lewis (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Brett Morris (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Josh Morris (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Nate Myles (Gold Coast Titans)
Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos)
Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)
Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys)
Brent Tate (North Queensland Cowboys)
Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)

Clubs represented:
Cowboys: 4 players.
Storm and Sharks: 3 players each.
Titans, Broncos and Roosters: 2 players each.
Sea Eagles, Wests Tigers, Knights, Eels, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Bulldogs, Raiders: 1 player each.

RE: 2013 Kangaroos WC Squad

Tate, Parker and Myles.....For god sake...when do we blood some young guys....

RE: 2013 Kangaroos WC Squad

Choc I think was ruled out because of his knee

HTF did James Tamou and Sam Thaiday get selected????

Frogz said:
Tate, Parker and Myles.....For god sake...when do we blood some young guys....

Have to agree there. The WC is not the Four Nations so there are going to be a couple of games at least where we play nations like the Cook Islands or even Italy. Perfect opportunity to blood some of the younger players in the NRL rather than trotting out the same people year in year out, some of whom are selected on reputation rather than any sort of actual form.

What I have found hard to swallow is that the two grand finalists have only 3 players between them, yet the Cowboys (who finished 8th) have 4 selections.

HoldenV8 said:
What I have found hard to swallow is that the two grand finalists have only 3 players between them, yet the Cowboys (who finished 8th) have 4 selections.

It is an NRL conspiracy. Qld rightfully deserve to have every player who ever touched their soil be guaranteed selection. "State of Origin is killing football. It's no secret all the media and the big groups of fans want to see a Queensland led World Cup! So if you are from a team outside of Queensland you are really up against it. All the boys know it, and it's tough to take."

Kiwis named today, Foran in, Horo unlucky

The dickhead named SBW declared himself unavailable yesterday

Kiwi Eagle said:
Kiwis named today, Foran in, Horo unlucky

The dickhead named SBW declared himself unavailable yesterday

Bit of Kearney saving his face there - imagine how embarrassing it'd be for him to select a player he deemed not worthy of a spot in a wooden spoon winning NRL side.

Australian side is a bit light on props

Watto1972 said:
Can someone please seriously name 1 person on the face of planet earth that gives a frog's fat arse about the Rugby League "World Cup".

Here, take this frogs fat arse. Enjoy !

Manly just lost the GF and we are all staring at a 5 month long off season so yes, I will take what I can get and be damn pleased to get it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4