Kane Elgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only young and early in his career but he's been poor today. Made some inexperienced decisions that could be ironed out with more games.. glad the coast are blooding him if we are indeed in for him. Sezer on the other hand has been great and is a pretty decent goalkicker.

DCE going to have his work cut out next year.

There not much out there, sezer can fill a gap til someone comes along. Quite simply the 2 established on market seem set to stay in trent hodgkinson and Maloney.
Elgey seems a big risk, takes a lot of poor options.

Hodkinson's career is limited I reckon. Best he stays at the dogs.

Poor bloke barely has any knee cartlidge left. He won't be able to run once he retires.

I reckon we really need Maloney. If he stays with the roosters then why don't we Go after Jackson Hastings.

Elgey was my pick
but watching him tonight, yeah, he can throw a good pass. can even tackle.... but is no DCE.
No real comments on Seizer's play.. but his goal kicking did give me a little woody

Hodkinson's career is limited I reckon. Best he stays at the dogs.

Poor bloke barely has any knee cartlidge left. He won't be able to run once he retires.

I reckon we really need Maloney. If he stays with the roosters then why don't we Go after Jackson Hastings.
I'd say Kelly/Hastings or Elgey/Maloney is a good outcome. Either is youth/experience and their are benefits to either situation. But then again, I'd believe a half/Gutho (5/8) combo could work.

Two games and Elgey is being written off by some!!!No one wanted a bar of DCE as a junior except Dave Warwick. The kid can play and given time will be fine.The question is how much money is required to take the risk on him.He may not end up a champion but to judge after 2 games with an ordinary side is ludicrous.

Elgey CAN play - maybe we are all guilty of wanting him to be the saviour...well he's not.
Imo the best option as he will become a quality NRL player, but he will be as good as Elgey, not DCE, not Johns, not Fulton.
Get him on deck with some tough forwards to play behind & he will be every bit a zippy organising half to build a winning team around.

He looks to be a great prospect.
Defence is usually the thing young halves struggle with, but his D last night was exceptional.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6