Justin Horo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gees guys I think horo has been sensational - tonight it was always going to be tough against one of the best defensive teams in the comp. gees at the tart of the comp I gave us little chance of making the grand final and a lot of thanks for the great performances throughout the year goes to goes to the likes of horo Symonds Lawrence etc

I think that they all played well tonight.the forward pass for the sdk try was the turning point if that got called back we would have held on.

ManlyBacker said:
It is nothing to do with Horo being up to it or not. It is all about the negativity. I'm loving what the boys have achieved this year and we fell a little short. Not good enough for Darren. He has to go on a headhunting expedition. Just his way. All year - every year. Tiresome and not the spirit our club is about. Rant over.

Best post in this thread. 200% correct

Good call cambo. Interestingly enough the herald gave Horo an 8 out of 10 rating. Perhaps their judge looked at some of the positives and not just the negatives!

I didn't bag him out but mentioned he was quiet. If you felt Horo was a 8/10 than that's fine. 8/10 would be a dominant performance and probably close to man of the match. How mentioning someone was quiet is negative or a headhunting expedition is beyond me.

Look Cambo, Sheik etc you never bother to like and mention my good posts when I write positive things. I'm not like you writing fawning stuff all the time as I can see things both ways.

They also gave Wolfie a 5/10 so maybe they were being a tad generous with the scores. :

Remember Stevie Mavin from Souths? A guy near me that day was screaming to kick it at Mavin!!

I never said he was worthy of eight and you do occasionally make positive posts. However, you seem to enjoy a loss when you single out players that are not at their best.

Lord Eagleton said:
Welcome to the best rugby league club in the world, Justin. Make yourself at home, enjoy your stay and keep hitting holes at pace

????

We had 43% of the ball in the first half and had to defend our arses off. He also spent more time off the field as Buhrer earned more minutes than usual.

He did the job required of the game during the time he was on, and it's ridiculous to expect him (or many of the others) to be standouts all the time!!!

Hamster Huey said:
Lord Eagleton said:
Welcome to the best rugby league club in the world, Justin. Make yourself at home, enjoy your stay and keep hitting holes at pace

????

We had 43% of the ball in the first half and had to defend our arses off. He also spent more time off the field as Buhrer earned more minutes than usual.

He did the job required of the game during the time he was on, and it's ridiculous to expect him (or many of the others) to be standouts all the time!!!

I think that one flew over your head mate.
I wrote that a few hours before the game. I wasnt knocking him, i was lauding him ;)

Horo has been great for us. For a guy who is on $50000 this year compared to money bill who will take his money and run I'll take players like Horo any day of the week.

Darren said:
didn't even seem to be out there tonight. Maybe that level is a bit too good for him. Hopefully Chee Kam will step up in that position.

????

Lord Eagleton said:
Hamster Huey said:
Lord Eagleton said:

????

I think that one flew over your head mate.
I wrote that a few hours before the game. I wasnt knocking him, i was lauding him ;)

Sorry, mate. Replied to the wrong one.

How did he get overlooked for NZ? I don't really care if our players go to the WC and risk being injured but he did more than enough to earn a place in the team.

Horo was decent in hindsight. I'm just a sucker for having a scapegoat because I love the Stewart's, Matai, Lyon, Foran, DCE, Watmough etc all too much and don't like thinking that a team with them in it could lose.

Personally I'm tired of the 'I hated Manly as a kid only to sign a contract with them and discover they were living breathing human beings after all' line of interview. I would love to hear one of them come out and say, 'Actually I've admired Manly-Warringah from afar, even though I was a (insert here) Tigers, Dragons, Eels supporter blah, blah, because they are clearly a great club and have been for decades'.

If we could ever get Arthurson and Peters to STFU this side of their eventual deathbeds, and not have the former come out with his 'I'd do it all again' - that is rip the guts out of a struggling club like Wests for ultimately little net gain to Manly, or the latter to gloat about it as if it's something to be proud of in one of his cut and paste hyperbolic columns, maybe that lazy form of RL reporting could die a natural death. Or even focus on another club more deserving of universal opprobrium, like the Goosters, the Squall or the Brumbies (sorry the Broncos, because you could never successfully market a name like the Brumbies, could you?).

Terry Zarsoff said:
Or even focus on another club more deserving of universal opprobrium, like the Goosters, the Squall or the Brumbies (sorry the Broncos, because you could never successfully market a name like the Brumbies, could you?).

Um yes you can! The ACT Brumbies in the Rugby have done alright.......

Normie said:
Terry Zarsoff said:
Or even focus on another club more deserving of universal opprobrium, like the Goosters, the Squall or the Brumbies (sorry the Broncos, because you could never successfully market a name like the Brumbies, could you?).

Um yes you can! The ACT Brumbies in the Rugby have done alright.......
Um, It's called sarcasm.

What was Horo thinking when Skivvi made that break down the left hand touch line? It looked like he was racing him, and then he overtook him. :) had to laugh

Clint said:
What was Horo thinking when Skivvi made that break down the left hand touch line? It looked like he was racing him, and then he overtook him. :) had to laugh

Yeah that was weird

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8