Just wondering if we fought this as one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Just thinking that if we all stood as one Silvertails, Whitestripes and the Rockers said to them do your worst, It would lead a Huge bad publicity for the club, do they really want that,
if they tried to go to court it would be one huge media storm and anyt costs I think there would be enough members that would dig deep

like someone said that all the $$ that ppl have spent on OUR club and they just want to treat us like NON Supporters

what are they trying to acheive,
I did a rough estimate over the 35 years that I have followed Manly and it comes in well over $20,000,
I was going to the Manly/Dragons game on the weekend but the Money that I saved to do that will now be spent elsewhere

The only way this site would be shut down is if you guys Dan included actually wanted it shut down.

That scenario just wouldnt happen., so everyone take a deep breath. There will be NO legal culmination here. Trust me.

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Nutzcraw]
I trust ya Jatz :D

And I trust those PUPPIES.... :)0
[/quote]

Your at the RSPCA website ryan??

I see no puppies :~? :dance:

[/quote]

Mate - no disrespect here, but if you don't see puppies when your avatar appears...I'd have to question one's sexuality.

Oh my God it's the PUPPIES !!!

LoL

we have to think abbout it realistically. Some of their demands are fair. They dont want all their news articles stripped from the site. and dont want members only stuff removed.

To me that makes sense and is fair.
As for the use of the logo The NRL enforce that and not manly. They are fulfilling contractual requirements.

From what I have got back from the NRL this site is in compliance and there is no problem

surely theres a way supporter websites can use logo etc
if its good enough for Big League, RLW and the Tele then why not our sites. I wonder if theres a price on using that stuff, well worth investigating.

Its ridiculous that we cannot use logos, but as we know many other clubs supporter sites still use them.

My question is.

Why does MANLY have to be the first club to spoil the hard work of there supporters, who are creating interest for OUR club.

Instead of enforcing a ridiculous rule that the NRL may require, why doesn't the MANLY admin talk some sense into the NRL on there SUPPORTERS behalf?

Manly Support the SUPPORTERS.

The only way this site would be shut down is if you guys Dan included actually wanted it shut down.

That scenario just wouldnt happen., so everyone take a deep breath. There will be NO legal culmination here. Trust me.

IT might close down because we are completely sick and tired of childish and obtuse games from the nongs in the club.

yeah not sure how the news papers get away with using them, I believe it would come in under "fair Dealings" related to reporting. We can not fall under the reveiw category of fair dealings because we are not a commercial operation.

I am continuing to speak with the NRL and see what I can come up with. Essentially you have to be a sponsor or affiliate of the NRL to use the logos.

Having spoken to someone within the club, this whole saga began with a request by admin on MSE for people to not post the members only newsletter on other sites, which was followed by a big get ****ed from one poster, stating they would post whatever the like, wherever they like.

You can understand MSE trying to protect their own interests however the whole issue could have been dealt with, in a more amiable manner.

Regarding the use of club logos, you would need to submit a request to the NRL to get permission to use the logos, stating that this is a non-profit website and clearly illustrating that this site is in no way affiliated with MSE.

Spud 100% correct.

I read the letter mat sent to MSE they have stated incorrectly that anything put in the public domain is up for grabs. This is 100% false. And WSS should double check with an IP lawyer first.

I am formulating the Silvertails response to the letter as we speak and ours will be far more co-operative than before. I have had time to think about all of this and digest it and now I see where the club is coming from. Whilst I do not agree with all of their requests I agree withs oem and completely understand their position.

It's not as if there's any NEW content in the newsletters anyway.

I might show them up for what they are in the next few weeks.

[quote author=Nutzcraw]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Nutzcraw]
I trust ya Jatz :D

And I trust those PUPPIES.... :)0
[/quote]

Your at the RSPCA website ryan??

I see no puppies :~? :dance:

[/quote]

Mate - no disrespect here, but if you don't see puppies when your avatar appears...I'd have to question one's sexuality.

Oh my God it's the PUPPIES !!!

LoL

[/quote]

hahaha i was just playing!!

You a fan of Jerry "the King" Lawler??

he sure gets excited when he sees the puppies!

Spud 100% correct.

I read the letter mat sent to MSE they have stated incorrectly that anything put in the public domain is up for grabs. This is 100% false. And WSS should double check with an IP lawyer first.

I am formulating the Silvertails response to the letter as we speak and ours will be far more co-operative than before. I have had time to think about all of this and digest it and now I see where the club is coming from. Whilst I do not agree with all of their requests I agree withs oem and completely understand their position.

Good approach in my view. Hats off

fark em all, stick it to the man!! use the bloody logos!! id love to meet the toss pot that discovered this and actually did something about it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4