Just watched the Manly - Newcastle Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I only got the tape of last week's game last night and just viewed the match in its entirety.

Interesting points that will have some calling me Capt Obvious!!!:

*Brett Stewart continues to improve and is starting to form a lethal partnership with BK.

* BK is superb and is the real leader of the team. My 17 yr old daughter said halfway through: Menzies and Kennedy are the real leaders of this team, aren't they dad????

* Monaghan had a better game and apart from scoring two tries he made a couple of clean breaks and also made some vital passes to put outside men into space. He still throws too many impossible balls or passes that land between players.

* With Hill and Alberts in the centres we look so much more dangerous out wide and look to have another attacking dimension.
Alberts looks the real deal and lots of his little touches were just class.

* Our kicking game is usually good but too often we surrender field position with silly chip kicks rather than long ones. Monas should give those up - not one has come off this year. We should play the percentages.

* Hicks and Donald look much better than they have and might be getting some confidence - helps having ball playing centres.

* We must play a more patient game - a lot of the dropped ball and errors came from forcing plays that weren't there.

In looking at the tape I am more confident that we can beat the Dogs at Brookie!

Even when we were down, and everyone was throwing a hearteladge, I still thought we were the dominant side.

"* Our kicking game is usually good but too often we surrender field position with silly chip kicks rather than long ones. Monas should give those up - not one has come off this year. We should play the percentages."

Sounds like you think Witts was allright on the weekend. I think they both need to give them up

Okay Fluff - Add Witt to the list. He can be inconsistent with his kicking game, but he doesn't throw the specuator passes that Monas does.

Okay Fluff - Add Witt to the list. He can be inconsistent with his kicking game, but he doesn't throw the specuator passes that Monas does.

as the title of this thread said knights game i thought it was a bit harsh to bag monas for Witts chip kick - not the first time monas has copped it for witts mistakes.

Witt's chip kick would have been applauded had it come off. The fullback was right back from memory and the chip was on - he just didn't connect with the pill right and it went up too high.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4