Just noticed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So yesterday my wife was at work and I thought I could watch the footy at three thirty with the three kids entertaining themselves. Usually I just tape it off fox and watch it with a few beers under the belt when everyone is asleep - the three thirty to five thirty (up here time) is a bit hard with three little ones and a wife who thinks we should be bike riding or swimming instead of plonked on the couch getting cranky with the TV.

Anyway I notices the lead in to the game with all the GOT like mascots and music. All the representations were pretty good but why are the fricken rabbits and roosters robots? None of the others are robots. Got me stumped.

They are trying to make their mascots intimidating I guess :)
Fluffy bunnies and chicken are not threatening.

How do they portray the Scumos, is it a weather synoptic image :huh: That purple lycra clad android running around AAMI, does not look right for League :cool:

HappilyManly said:

How do they portray the Scumos, is it a weather synoptic image :huh: That purple lycra clad android running around AAMI, does not look right for League :cool:
I hear the Chooks mascot is a bit of a pisspot. Here he is at home...

Moondog said:
HappilyManly said:

I hear the Chooks mascot is a bit of a pisspot. Here he is at home...

LOL. He looks stuffed!

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftvnz.co.nz%2Fmasterchef-australia%2Fep-83-drunken-chicken-bruised-salad-3912076&rct=j&q=drunken%20chicken%20masterchef%20recipe&ei=BiSMU9XMC4aFlAX3r4DICg&usg=AFQjCNEJAXKoXTLtZM0fh4YkFnxQpoj91A&bvm=bv.67720277,d.dGI

Aah, the famous Drunken Chicken with Bruised Salad dish :D

I'll watch the opening Credits tonight, as apart from the Soaring Sea Eagle and the Warrior, I can't recall what the other mascot graphics look like.

globaleagle said:
I just noticed Doc Neeson has died.

I guess I am never going to see his face again!

:(

Yeah I heard earlier today and was bummed.

With the thought police around I couldn't see a way of acknowledging it.

I know he was 66, but my Mum's 69 this year and doesn't seem old.

Lou Reed not long ago, Phillip Seymour Hoffman (a fine actor n young man with family)...now the great Doc Neeson....puts footy into perspective too.

Saw the Angels a couple of times, once in their earlier days, once in their more recent incarnations. And both times were sensational.

Glad he's free of pain - cancer is beyond cruel - and RIP.

I guess we've hijacked, global.

That's why I chose this thread.

It's ok to tangentasize. (i just made that word up)

I never saw them :(

Love their work and rip!

*Just start a thread and (usually) mr jethro will move it if it needs to be moved! We're all friends here.

Well, except one of you....you know who you are!!!!!

RIP Doc Neeson - you got 'out of this place' way too soon.

Sad news. Always loved the Angels and especially that song!

ALinda said:
RIP Doc Neeson - you got 'out of this place' way too soon.

Sad news. Always loved the Angels and especially that song!

So many good songs Linda.

Those mentioned already, and a real fav of mine...''No Secrets''.

They were awesome live, and Doc was a fair bit bigger guy than you'd think.

And the chicks loved him of course.

RiverEagle said:
So many good songs Linda.

Those mentioned already, and a real fav of mine...''No Secrets''.

They were awesome live, and Doc was a fair bit bigger guy than you'd think.

And the chicks loved him of course.

Of course :)

Yes RE they sang many good songs. Unfortunately I never saw them live but appreciated their music. Sad today....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4